Unpopular WDW Opinions

Animaniac93-98

If FoP were built at Universal, as it was in AK, people here would write it off as another screen based simulator.

The only reason it's so lauded here is that it's the first real E-ticket added to WDW since 2006.

Once Galaxy's Edge opens, I suspect people won't think it's as great as they did in 2017.

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
In fairness, anyone can rent one at Disney, no RX needed, just cash. However, whatever fantasy that people have that they are loads of fun, only need to try it once and they won't do it again.

I will vouch for the fact that they are anything but fun, but, they do enable me to enjoy the rides like I used to when I was younger, I was long term mobile and everything didn't hurt. People see me on one, overweight because I cannot exercise, and see that I get off one and walk onto a ride like everyone else and immediately think that I am faking it and lazy. What they don't see is that if I walk from the town square half way up MSUSA I have to stop and sit because my back and hips hurt so much due to spinal issues. I sit for a few minutes and I'm good to go the other half of the street. If you add in the time that I have to stop for recuperation I don't get to do much else. So when I see someone snickering and pointing, I give them a mental finger gesture and just get on with my life. Everyone else can pound sand as they do one of the least desirable things that humans can do and that is to ignorantly stand in judgment of others..
The judgement does come fast doesn't it. I have a service dog I am a fragile type one diabetic and she helps to protect me from extreme lows, she is fully certified and if I had a dime for every time I here must be nice to bring your pet to the parks I would be rich. they do not know how many times she has saved my life

Unpopular opinion (I think): DW should bring Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout to Orlando. I love ToT and would prefer to have both, but if it's one or the other, I'm taking Mission Breakout.

Don't worry that is a VERY unpopular opinion.

:D:D

Hey, I was first in line to HATE on the idea of Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was a cheapo cash grab and ugly use of IP on an amazing ToT ride. I had the pitchfork and torches ready to roll.

Then I actually rode GoG this last week and all I can say is... I was wrong.

Yes, there are some issues with integration into the park, etc. but it was just a blast. Keep an open mind until you try it!

TwilightZone

Hey, I was first in line to HATE on the idea of Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was a cheapo cash grab and ugly use of IP on an amazing ToT ride. I had the pitchfork and torches ready to roll.

Yes, there are some issues with integration into the park, etc. but it was just a blast. Keep an open mind until you try it!
Oh I am, I don't mind the replacement at all (even though my name is TwilightZone), but most don't want it in DHS (including me, even though, like I said, I don't mind the replacement).

Oh I am, I don't mind the replacement at all (even though my name is TwilightZone), but most don't want it in DHS (including me, even though, like I said, I don't mind the replacement).

To me the "tragedy" of it (talk about a "first world problem"... :rolleyes:) is that both are fantastic rides and they are completely different. It's not so much an overlay IMO as an entirely new ride using the same ride system. The emotional appeal is so different. Therefore, what I'd want (and will never happen) is to have both rides. In my mind, it's not much more repetitive than having Space Mountain and BTMR since both are coasters. Anyway, if both were in Orlando, I'd definitely ride both multiple times!

celluloid

I strongly dislike the extreme fandom brand attachment that let's a company take steps back from guest experience or streamlines uniqueness for fan service...and then has people in masses defending it.

The term IP is ugly to me. Even if not a ride, it is an IP. If it was a trademarked or created by person or people, it is an IP.

tomast

DONT TOUCH MY ToT you may have the rest of my MGM park but ToT is not negotiable.

bshah365

Sorry if my list has any repeats (havent read through all 30 pages of this thread).. But here are my most unpopular opinions!
  • Flight of Passage is boring and unimpressive.
  • Pandora's "glowing" plants and walkways at night are so underwhelming.
  • Stitch's Great Escape was a great attraction and was still better than the meet n greet they have now.
  • Rafiki's planet watch is actually super fun.
  • DCA's ToT (when it was still there) was way better than Hollywood Studios.
  • The outdated/bright/loud Disney Value resorts are the most fun/best hotels on property.

Trackmaster

Walking is a form of transportation. Universal was smart and integrated both lodging and parks, making walking a viable form of transport. This is far from silly. It is excellent planning, cost saving, and customer satisfaction.

I mentioned scale in multiple areas (lodging, food, and gates). I hope I conveyed the advantage it provided.

Walking is great, and very luxurious, but I think that Disney's philosophy is that they wanted to occupy as much land in Buena Vista and make it harder and less convenient to stay off site. Their goal is to keep you on site as much as possible for your whole trip. If everything is in a small, self-contained area, guests are more likely to stay at a competitor hotel, or they'll get stir crazy and take their car and take off-site excursions.

It would have been ideal for Disney to connect everything through rail, but obviously as cost is a factor, the bus system is a cheap substitute. One area that Disney has been stubborn and stupid about is not creating a biking system. If they were smart, they'd connect the parks through bike trails and put bike lanes on all the rides. Don't allow bikes to be chained up or provide bike racks, but offer a bikeshare program for all hotel guests, or allowed as an upcharge for non-hotel guests. From what I've read, Disney is pretty anti-biking and doesn't have bike racks or a bikeshare program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom