Unpopular WDW Opinions

Trackmaster

Sorry, but, that isn't what it is called. It is the opposite of staying productive, it is bending over to pick up a penny while dollars fly over your head. It is missing beauty and pure genius of design to worship mechanical devices. It's running like a mad man to give your butt a ride. It's wasting time on fluff while missing the fantasy and anticipation.

But, to each his own, if that is what WDW means to you please don't advocate to prevent those of us that enjoy the entire show and not just the headliner. We now have a choice. You can take the bus (not unlike you can do in any city) and I will continue to enjoy the views from the ferry or enjoy the ride on the Monorail and the charm of slowly arriving at the park. The 20 minutes that I have spent absorbing the show from beginning to end which is what the place is all about. Seriously there is nothing more magical then a parking garage. I do hope that you are arriving at 5pm and leaving at 9pm with an AP. Otherwise you are throwing away dollars also that 1 hour trip is a huge exaggeration that time of day.

To each his own. I'm not going to criticize you for a personal preference like you did to me. I'm happy that you enjoy the monorail or bus experience. I just think its unfortunate for me that I don't have an opt it, but it sounds like the fact that so many people are so defensive about it is why Disney keeps it around.

MinnieWaffles

The trouble is that the experience you lose is massive even if you don't realize it. The magic that I felt 36 years ago on my first visit is the same today as I get closer to the MK. I don't expect people that only go to MK for the rides and the bright colors to understand what that was like and how it still is. All one has to do is appreciate what a great experience it is. But, they won't so as long as what you think would be great doesn't happen until I'm dead... that is fine. They can drain Seven Seas Lagoon, make it a big parking lot, get rid of the Monorails and boats and all they need are trams or you can pay the high price for a resort stay and have the magic of driving up to the entrance in a big old bus. How magical!

I agree! Taking the ferry to the Magic Kingdom was all part of the experience when I was younger and stayed offsite. The excitement of watching the castle get closer across the lagoon was amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom