Unpopular Opinions: DLR Edition

George Lucas on a Bench

Not even close IMO. DCA TOT was my wife’s favorite ride but even she agreed it paled in comparison once she rode the DHS version.

The decor and waiting line are more elaborate at MGM, but I found DCA's more charming in its own way. I feel also that the superior atmosphere of DLR enhanced the experience for me.

Jungle Cruise needs major help ASAP

Overexaggeration much?

QuasiNoFroyo

Florida's version of Peter Pan's Flight is (slightly) better than California's. And California's Tower of Terror was never even a tenth as great as the Florida or Tokyo versions. Plus, Mission: Breakout is an improvement over DCA's ToT IMHO.

SuddenStorm

I am in no way joking. Put the old sets and animatronics in a literal museum somewhere that isn't the theme park. Give us a fusion of modern and classic.

If you want Disneyland to be more like the other newer Disney parks, why don't you just go to those parks? An honest question. I don't say "hey, Six Flags built taller and faster coasters so Disney should gut and rebuild Space Mountain"

SuddenStorm

I wouldn't mind if Disney revamped the Jungle Cruise without skippers.

Jungle Cruise is such an amazing attraction... that's being destroyed by careless management and hiring. There's gotta be enough people that are passionate, willing, trainable, or just decent comedians enough within an hour of Disneyland to staff that ride with a crew of people that are actually good at the job.

Instead, I get 20 year old skippers that rattle the jokes off like they're reciting a script (cause they are) with no sense of comedic timing, no guest interaction, and no attempt to actually make the guests laugh. Every once in a while I'll have someone who's great... but man 9 out of 10 times are a huge disappointment.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Jungle Cruise is such an amazing attraction... that's being destroyed by careless management and hiring. There's gotta be enough people that are passionate, willing, trainable, or just decent comedians enough within an hour of Disneyland to staff that ride with a crew of people that are actually good at the job.

Instead, I get 20 year old skippers that rattle the jokes off like they're reciting a script (cause they are) with no sense of comedic timing, no guest interaction, and no attempt to actually make the guests laugh. Every once in a while I'll have someone who's great... but man 9 out of 10 times are a huge disappointment.
I don't think this is a new issue, I personally have experienced hit or miss Skippers since I first remember going in the early 80s. I think at this point its that the jokes are so old that everyone knows them by heart and aren't as funny the 500x around. I mean sure there are one-off Skippers that make the experience their own, but overall its just the same speech as in years past.

Not only that but I think the experience differs depending on when you go. Go first thing in the morning or last thing at night I think you get a better experience than in the middle of the day when its hot and the day is dragging.

So maybe a new script is needed along with a revamp of the attraction like @mickEblu was suggesting with new AAs.

fravit

If you want Disneyland to be more like the other newer Disney parks, why don't you just go to those parks? An honest question. I don't say "hey, Six Flags built taller and faster coasters so Disney should gut and rebuild Space Mountain"
Because I don't want to / can't afford to. And in my opinion (which is obviously not widely shared around here,) I think there's a lot of room for improvement.

That argument is like the "if you hate the US so much why don't you move to Canada?" that happens during every election. Well, I don't hate it, I love it more than most things. That's why I want to see it improved. My version of "improved" just happens to be different than yours.

Last edited:

fravit

Florida's version of Peter Pan's Flight is (slightly) better than California's. And California's Tower of Terror was never even a tenth as great as the Florida or Tokyo versions. Plus, Mission: Breakout is an improvement over DCA's ToT IMHO.
That DCA tower never sat right with me. I always enjoyed it and I've been on it probably a hundred times, but it always reminded me of how much more fun I always had on Florida's. I still like ToT as a concept, but I think Mission Breakout works much better in CA than Tot Lite ever did.

Aside from the exterior of the building clashing with everything around it, I think Mission Breakout is superior to the previous ToT in nearly every way. There's my new unpopular opinion. 😁

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Put it in Goofy's House. Put anything in Goofy's House. Put a damn hot dog cart inside Goofy's living room. IDC. Anything is an improvement,

Goofy's House? I was thinking maybe Tony Stark and Elsa could get married and move in there.

Baby Groot would take over the Haunted Mansion. He and his wacky group of friends could revamp the place and make it more like a dance party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom