NateD1226

Original Poster
Here are mine:

-Goofy's Sky School is a decent ride
-The Little Mermaid ride is awful in every way
-Mickey and the Magical Map is a great show
-Mickey's Mix Magic is actually not bad
-Snow White is a fun ride
-Dole Whips are not worth standing in a 20 minute line.
-Jungle Cruise is boring

Feel free to share your opinions.

Rich T

Here are mine:

-Goofy's Sky School is a decent ride
-The Little Mermaid ride is awful in every way
-Mickey and the Magical Map is a great show
-Mickey's Mix Magic is actually not bad
-Snow White is a fun ride
-Dole Whips are not worth standing in a 20 minute line.
-Jungle Cruise is boring

Feel free to share your opinions.
I agree with all you said except for the dig at Jungle Cruise, a ride I always enjoy. :)

mickEblu

I agree with all you said except for the dig at Jungle Cruise, a ride I always enjoy. :)

I think if I’m honest I find Jungle Cruise kind of boring. I love the fact that it’s there and the ecosystem that has grown after 60+ years. I think I enjoy the vegetation more than the AAs or the repetitive skippers spiel. I love the elephant bathing pool scene though. Outside of the African sveldt and elephant bathing pool scenes I’d be ok with a complete reimaging- no movie tie ins please. Oh ya- keep the hippos and Trader Sam too.

NateD1226

Original Poster
I think if I’m honest I find Jungle Cruise kind of boring. I love the fact that it’s there and the ecosystem that has grown after 60+ years. I think I enjoy the vegetation more than the AAs or the repetitive skippers spiel. I love the elephant bathing pool scene though. Outside of the African sveldt and elephant bathing pool scenes I’d be ok with a complete reimaging- no movie tie ins please. Oh ya- keep the hippos and Trader Sam too.
Couldn't agree more! The skippers have become way more depressing over time. It makes the ride less "magical".

TROR

The Piranhas need to go.

TP2000

I'll play.

The Jungle Cruise is boring and not aging well in the 21st century. I've been on the big-budget Anaheim revamp that gets regular rehabs, the painful Jingle Cruise overlay, the creaky WDW "classic" version that gets no real maintenance, and also the pristinely presented new Tokyo version with music and sing-a-long perky skippers. Heading into the 2020's I'm afraid it's a concept whose time has come and gone. Replace it with a white water raft ride with animatronics and move on.

As a Swedish-American, it's culturally offensive to have actors who are clearly not Northern European portraying Scandinavians in the Frozen show. Frozen is based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, arguably Scandinavia's most famous author. It is set entirely in 1800's Norway, and uses Norse mythology, symbols and culture as its plot vehicles. Even the architecture and stained glass windows are Norwegian. But somehow we are supposed to believe that Africans and Latinos are Norwegian royalty and gentry in the 1800's? When they cast the blue-eyed, blond-haired surfer boy from Fullerton Junior College into the role of Black Panther, or the pretty Vietnamese girl from Garden Grove into the role of Tiana, we can talk more. But until then, it's offensive to negate the unique minority culture on which the literature and story is based on.

DCA Food & Wine Festival is kind of stupid and bland.
Technically there's all these different offerings from various cultures and cuisines, but the food has this odd sort of sameness, of all being watered down by a corporate test kitchen, of all coming from the same cafeteria assembly line. It doesn't help that from identical shack to identical shack it's all served in the same paper boats, on the same limp cardboard platters. It doesn't look different or unique, like the Orange Street Fair or any other "Taste Of Denver/Portland/San Jose/etc." food festival in your local city. And the CM's staffing those shacks are oddly detached from their own cultural experience, wearing the same red polo shirts and dishing up the same dollop of whatever in assembly line fashion like they have no idea what snack shack they are working that day. It's obvious they are emotionally and educationally detached from the "experience" they are allegedly serving up. Another example of the bad training Disneyland management apparently offers it's CM's.

The Disneyland Hotel is tired and worn out and should have been imploded 3 years ago. The Disneyland Hotel is a patchwork quilt of 1960's and 70's concrete towers and canyons, and it is hokey and outdated. The 2010 rehab was overdue and desperately needed, but it should have been used for only five or six years until a new hotel could be built to replace this 1960's relic. I know the 4th Hotel disaster that was lowballed and screwed over by former DLR Prez Michael Colglazier was going to effectively outrank the Disneyland Hotel and allow it to go to Yesterland eventually, but that whole plan was such a cheap and spineless plan for that property. They need to implode all three towers Las Vegas style and start from scratch. It's way past it's prime, and all the novelty teacup seats in the lobby can't hide it any more. Also, the valet guys who park your car are generally lazy jerks. And the Steakhouse 55 Cocktail Lounge is one of the worst hotel bars in Southern California.

Last edited:

TROR

I'll play.

The Jungle Cruise is boring and not aging well in the 21st century. I've been on the big-budget Anaheim revamp that gets regular rehabs, the painful Jingle Cruise overlay, the creaky WDW "classic" version that gets no real maintenance, and also the pristinely presented new Tokyo version with music and sing-a-long perky skippers. Heading into the 2020's I'm afraid it's a concept whose time has come and gone. Replace it with a white water raft ride with animatronics and move on.

As a Swedish-American, it's culturally offensive to have actors who are clearly not Northern European portraying Scandinavians in the Frozen show. Frozen is based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, arguably Scandinavia's most famous author. It is set entirely in 1800's Norway, and uses Norse mythology, symbols and culture as its plot vehicles. Even the architecture and stained glass windows are Norwegian. But somehow we are supposed to believe that Africans and Latinos are Norwegian royalty and gentry in the 1800's? When they cast the blue-eyed, blond-haired surfer boy from Fullerton Junior College into the role of Black Panther, or the pretty Vietnamese girl from Garden Grove into the role of Tiana, we can talk more. But until then, it's offensive to negate the unique minority culture on which the literature and story is grounded within.

DCA Food & Wine Festival is kind of stupid and bland.
Technically there's all these different offerings from various cultures and cuisines, but the food has this odd sort of sameness, of all being watered down by a corporate test kitchen, of all coming from the same cafeteria assembly line. It doesn't help that from booth to booth to booth it's all served in the same paper boats, on the same limp cardboard platters. It doesn't look different or unique from booth to booth, like the Orange Street Fair or any other "Taste Of Denver/Portland/San Jose/etc." food festival in your local city. And the CM's staffing those booths are oddly detached from their own cultural experience, wearing the same red polo shirts and dishing up the same dollop of whatever in assembly line fashion like they have no idea what booth they are working that day. It's obvious they are emotionally and educationally detached from the "experience" they are allegedly serving up. Another example of the bad training Disneyland management apparently offers it's CM's.

The Disneyland Hotel is tired and worn out and should have been imploded 3 years ago. The Disneyland Hotel is a patchwork quilt of 1960's and 70's concrete towers and canyons, and it is hokey and outdated. The 2010 rehab was overdue and desperately needed, but it should have been used for only five or six years until a new hotel could be built to replace this 1960's relic. I know the 4th Hotel disaster that was lowballed and screwed over by former DLR Prez Michael Colglazier was going to effectively outrank the Disneyland Hotel and allow it to go to Yesterland eventually, but that whole plan was such a cheap and spineless plan for that property. They need to implode all three towers Las Vegas style and start from scratch. It's way past it's prime, and all the novelty teacup seats in the lobby can't hide it any more.
I agree on all of these except turning Jungle Cruise into a rapids ride. I can support a massive refurb for the attraction, but ideally we would get an Adventureland redesign that better incorporates Indiana Jones with the Jungle Cruise and manages to create a better flowing Adventureland both with traffic and aesthetic.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Nor a fact.
no it is fact. Disneyland has the superior mansion because it is the original. beautiful outside compared to Disneyworld's unkempt exterior makes Disneyland's mansion more eerie than if the outside was falling part or yard over grown. it has the hat box ghost, no cheesy queue , a stretching room that acutually serves a purpose. better loading area.

Squishy

no it is fact. Disneyland has the superior mansion because it is the original. beautiful outside compared to Disneyworld's unkempt exterior makes Disneyland's mansion more eerie than if the outside was falling part or yard over grown. it has the hat box ghost, no cheesy queue , a stretching room that acutually serves a purpose. better loading area.
:hilarious:

Animaniac93-98

Out of curiosity, have you been on the HKDL version, and if so, do you think it's an improvement?

I haven't been on it yet, so I can't say one way or the other. I just know it's the only version to be built in this century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom