Unpopular opinion: preshows kind of suck 90% of the time

NelleBelle

A few exceptions...I love the ones for the Minions. there are like three parts: the televisions ( though they could add some more/new jokes), the 1st indoor preshow, and the 2nd preshow. Since they took away the goggles, they changed the whole goggle part, but that part was funny no matter how many times I saw it. What made it so funny is the it made of fun of all the lame pre-shows,

GRU: "If you are unsure how to put on the goggles, ask a lab assistant, but come on, who doesn't know how to put these things on?"
[while showing a one-eyed Minion trying to put on a pair of two-eyed goggles..and crying until another Minion gives him a one eye goggle. Goggle?]

I've seen the 2nd preshow enough times to be able to recite it, but it too still brings a smile.

"B-banana?"
I don't mind the pre-shows at Universal--some are lame, some are great! But at least there is usually something! And their lines generally aren't plain-jane but have some details to look at! Like I mentioned above, I have NO issues standing in any of the HP queues...just amazing! I find new details every time we go!

Lilofan

It’s very boring. I kinda like the queue in California, the old hanger with aviation history and artifacts.

I would argue that American Adventure is the post-show for Voices of Liberty :)

You should tell Disney... they spent crazy money on 3 pre-shows for Rise.
Voices of Liberty is the pre show for American Adventure. After the singers finish then all us guests climb the stairs or escalator past the wall of flags to enter AA for the attraction show.

KimAnnFran

That's an unpopular opinion? with the exception of the voices of Liberty and the capture a smile Kodak one for captain EO I can't think of any of the pre shows that I like.... Whoops I forgot one more which is the original mosaic one for universe of energy

Tom Morrow

There is a downside, without a pre-show, sometimes the attraction makes no sense if you don't hear all of the queue stuff or the line is too short so you go through it too quickly. On my first few rides on Forbidden Journey, I didn't know what was going on or why we were doing what we were doing.

UNCgolf

You're all crazy.

The queue for Soarin' at EPCOT is perfect. It's exactly like walking down long, empty corridors to get between terminals at an airport! Couldn't have nailed the theming any better.

Atlanta%2Bairport%2Bendless%2Bunderground.jpg

Last edited:

UNCgolf

There is a downside, without a pre-show, sometimes the attraction makes no sense if you don't hear all of the queue stuff or the line is too short so you go through it too quickly. On my first few rides on Forbidden Journey, I didn't know what was going on or why we were doing what we were doing.

This is the biggest issue with the Flight of Passage preshow. It exists for that reason (i.e. to explain what's happening in the attraction), but it's so bad that it totally fails in the execution. The first time I rode FoP I couldn't wait for it to end and got absolutely nothing out of it. My experience would have been better without the preshow; it actually decreased my enjoyment.

Tom Morrow

I actually like the concept of the FoP pre-shows. The setup, having just small groups of 16 go into small briefing chambers where you get scanned and blasted with air and bombarded with technobabble made it feel big and important. I also like that you go immediately to the link chamber and there isn't another queue afterward. It's just, the guy's acting is so notably forced in trying to sound natural and unrehearsed that it's off-putting.

UNCgolf

I actually like the concept of the FoP pre-shows. The setup, having just small groups of 16 go into small briefing chambers where you get scanned and blasted with air and bombarded with technobabble made it feel big and important. I also like that you go immediately to the link chamber and there isn't another queue afterward. It's just, the guy's acting is so notably forced in trying to sound natural and unrehearsed that it's off-putting.

I don't have any problem with the concept. It's just that the execution is so bad it actually hurts the attraction rather than helping it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom