Unpopular Disney World Opinions

Hank Hill

4) Disney food can be bland and texture-less because that's what most Americans prefer.
5) Dinosaur: Countdown to Extinction is actually a pretty good ride.
I think the food is bland to appeal to the most amount of people who come from all over and may have different tastes. It's meant to be non offensive. But they often try to make up for it by giving you more food than you need. Which wastes too much food. Most food is no better than Applebee's quality, just presented a little nicer and in a more fun location, that is what people love. Tony's is the worst restaurant I have eaten at, not just at WDW, but anywhere.

I like Dinosaur a lot. I always have fun and enjoy it. If the line is short, I will ride twice in a row often.

My own unpopular opinion is Living with the Land is the worst ride on property.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
a) What's wrong with a resort-wide Coke monopoly? If you can't go without Pepsi products for a week, maybe you need medical help.

b) I don't mind paying the DisneyWorld premium prices because I know I'm going to get world-class service, top-notch entertainment, and a vacation experience I can't get anywhere else on the planet.

c) The Bobs have done a tremendous job bringing together all the right elements to translate Disney's vast entertainment holdings into opportunities to showcase those properties throughout the WDW Resort Complex. I, for one, applaud their efforts to homogenize the Disney diversity into a stronger, more vibrant vacation destination.

SamPR810

Carousel of Progress and Jungle Cruise are worth doing multiple time a day!

They need to scrap Peter Pan

Pop Century is peter than the Grand Floridian

Kona Cafe makes the best Pancakes on the planet (fight me)

kwoodfan1

1) I think Primeval Whirl is a blast.
2) I don't want a nighttime parade at the MK.
3) I think rope droppers have a screw loose.
4) I have never been a huge fan of Future World.
5) I LOVE the Magic Carpets (this is biased however, as it has personal sentiment with my son)

...The WWoS Sports take was not a good one. For those of us with kids in youth sports, this place is a jewel.

Weather_Lady

1 - Magic Shots look stupid.
2 - If you don't have a child under the age of 5, or a child with a physical disability that affects their mobility, you should have to pay a fee to bring a stroller into the parks (or better yet, just be banned from doing so, outright).
3 - Dinosaur is highly ovverrated (and so is its California cousin, the Indiana Jones Adventure).
4 - Pirates will never again be as good as it was before the Jack Sparrow "overlay" and other subsequent changes.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

1. Instagram walls are dumb
  2. All the new instagram quote shirts are dumb
  3. People obsessed about Magnets and reselling a free item and double the price on ebay is dumb
  4. Starbucks is dumb
  5. I liked a quiet Street of America instead of a bustling Batuu East
  6. I liked DTD pre Springs I hear my wallet cry when I step off the bus when I arrive there now.
  7. I miss the DTD Marketplace & PI Bus stations
  8. Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn, & Backlot Express are my favorire places to consume food.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
1. Yes all 6 of us need to cut through this line to meet up with the rest of our family.
2. Cronuts at Epcot are kind of gross.
3. Disney restaurants are grossly overpriced and the food and service is underwhelming.
4. Magic Kingdom is about 30 years out of date.
5. Epcot is even worse.
6. Hollywood Studios is still a half-day park.
7. Except for Flight of Passage, Animal Kingdom is boring.

GZpO.gif

yensidtlaw1969

Walt Disney World saw significantly more investment this decade than the last, but much (if not most) of it was squandered on poor creative decision-making that has diluted the WDW experience rather than strengthened it. There are exceptions, of course - Pandora in general, Rise of the Resistance . . . but DHS overall is more at sea than ever and is lacking in quality attractions and an identity as a place to go, despite how much money has been thrown at the park to "fix" it. New Fantasyland did more to bolster the problems it sought to fix than it did to solve them - remember them talking about how "the smallest guests wait in the longest lines for the shortest rides"? Seven Dwarfs Mine Train regularly has a 120 minute wait five years on, and Mermaid has little to offer even given its moderate wait times. Frozen Ever After, while it has some fun animatronics (and some super weird ones) feels like they forgot to design the rest of the ride around them, and the ride overall wasted the potential of a billion dollar franchise. On the whole the parks feel less cohesive than ever and it's gotten harder to actually do things in them despite prices rising. Not to mention the collection of uninspired experiences that have popped up between resorts and Disney Springs. Iger knows how to make money, but he did it largely at the expense of Disney's creative reputation and it will be hard to recover that ground.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

1. I agree price increases arent welcome, are hard to take, but they are necessary and for the operation of the parks. The variety of entertainment and attractions you receive in a day, its still a good value. You are getting your moneys worth.
2. No one is priced out of a Disney trip. It may take a longer time to save for some people, it will take sacrificing of luxury items to save up. You may not get to stay in Deluxe accommodations and do extra events, but you can get there and enjoy a modest trip if thats your wish.
3. Over the years Disney restaurants have changed food offerings and menu selections ( some were good changes, others not ) but overall you can still get a tasty, nourishing, appetizing meal as long as you are selective.
4. Iger and Eisner were good for Disney. They both had successes and failures and over the years no one can say they were bad choices to run Disney. They gave us good entertainment, kept Disney solvent and gave us a Disney that continually delivers the best variety of entertainment far above all others.
5. Disney is no different than any other corporation. They need to realize profits to make improvements, pay costs, and stay ahead of the competition. Walt may have said he wanted to make Disney affordable for all, but he also was a wise business man. He needed profits to stay innovative and put out quality work. He wasnt about to give away the farm at the expense of his company.

nebster

I don't know how unpopular these opinions are but,

1.) Animal Kingdom is the most barren of all of the WDW Disney Parks in terms of ride number and variation.
2.) FastPass+ and Magic Bands are the best thing to happen to vacation planning since sliced bread
3.) As much as I sorely miss Maelstrom and don't think the location is fitting, Frozen Ever After is a stellar dark ride
4.) Conversely, and also slightly off-topic since it's Disneyland, Mission Breakout is cute but doesn't hold a candle or come anywhere near the excellent themeing and atmosphere of ToT
5.) Remy's Ratatouile Adventure isn't going to knock socks off - rode in in Paris a few years back and it felt kind of cheap and disposable
6.) Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (super excited for it! :D) has no reason to be placed in the Chinese Theater? Why didn't they put it in MK? or at least somewhere that wasn't where GMR stood
7.) Na'avi River Journey needs more AAs but it's still a wonderful experience, and worth the wait
8.) MK's Space Mountain is better than DL

8.) Orange Swirls are vastly superior to Dole Whips

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom