Unpopular Disney Movie Opinions

Princess Leia

Toy Story 4 is overrated. Monsters University was unnecessary. Incredibles 2 was just a genderflipped version of the original (but not as good).

The new Aladdin was not good. Ditto for the new Beauty and the Beast. But I enjoyed the remakes of Cinderella and Jungle Book.

Frozen II had some catchy songs, but they referenced the first film WAY too many times.

Brummyboy92

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is better than Mary Poppins.

That is so controversial, and I'm afraid I prefer Poppins, however B&B is a fantastic film & I would love to see a reference to it in the parks, even if it was a small reference.

As for Monster's University, I'm going more off the online reviews for it, seem pretty high considering it's rubbish. To be fair, I don't hear many people talk about it in the same way people talk about Incredibles 2. A film that the average person seems to prefer over the 1st, which is just ridiculous.

PiratesMansion

Home on the Range, while far from Disney's finest hour, isn't nearly as toxic as its reputation and is far preferable to the tedium of Brother Bear (which looks nice but really has nothing else to recommend about it) or the insulting toxicity of Chicken Little. The music is relatively decent and there's some occasional visual inventiveness in there too.

I don't agree that B&B is better than Poppins, but there are aspects of it that are superior and the film deserves more respect and to be more remembered than it is now.

MouseMelly

Underrated: Robin Hood, Emperor's New Groove, A Goofy Movie, Tarzan, BFG

overrated: most live-action remakes, trying too hard to make everything about a strong female character, Toy Story anything, Villains as standalone, Nightmare Before Christmas

erasure fan1

Okay, so like many people, I'm rather bored.

My family decided to put on a movie. Toy Story 4 was the pick. I went to see it in theaters. I disliked it in theaters. I thought maybe I'd like it better the second time around, but the fact is I still can't stand this movie. It's got a 97% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes from critics and 94% from audiences, so I'm definitely in the minority.

Anyone else got unpopular Disney movie opinions?
Agreed, Toy story 4 wasn't great. It's the worst of the series, and 3 wasn't great either.

I'd say my most unpopular Disney movie opinion is that Prince of Persia was really good.

Animaniac93-98

I'd say my most unpopular Disney movie opinion is that Prince of Persia was really good.

I didn't hate it, but I only saw it once and don't remember much.

It was one of those movies that got released, and then was quickly forgotten before it could make an impression (either good or bad).

Homemade Imagineering

I LOVE rescuers down under like crazy! I actually prefer it over the original rescuers. Bruce Broughton did an AMAZING job on the score, especially “Cody’s flight!” I grew up with this movie on vhs tape, so rewatching it like crazy also helps fuel my nostalgia for it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
  1. Song of the South tops Roger Rabbit in the "Live action/animated" category.
  2. Monsters University is enjoyable enough. Sure it's not perfect, but it's far from "PIXAR Bad"
  3. Coco is way overrated
  4. I honestly don't like any of the Toy Story films
  5. Emperor's New Groove needs a live action remake.

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
Moana and definitely Toy Story 4. I think Moana took way too long to get rolling into the thick of the story and it was slow. I did however like a few of the songs. Toy Story 4 in my opinion should have never happened.

mf1972

i thought frozen was so so at best & thought the sequel was even worse. i walked out thinking “that’s the best they could come up with after 6 years?”
i felt the same way with the maleficient movies. 1st was ok, sequel was horrible.
lastly, i’m usually ok with the live action remakes, but found aladdin & the alice in wonderland movies to be disappointing.

PiratesMansion

Pirates of the Caribbean 2,3, 4 and 5 are actually pretty good. The 1st isn't as good as people make it out to be.

I never liked the first one and never understood the hype for it. Naturally, I've steered clear of the sequels.

If there was one Disney movie I could retroactively erase from existence it would be the first Pirates movie. Far too many detrimental changes to the attraction can be attributed directly to that series of films, and I didn't even fully appreciate that until 2015, when I got to Disneyland Paris. At that point, Paris' version didn't yet have any of the movie changes, and it really illuminated how much better off the rides had been beforehand, but of course, that ship has sailed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom