News Unplanned ride system maintenance at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Disney's Hollywood Studios

dreday3

nervous spongebob squarepants GIF

For those that were previously scared of riding ToT ..

ha! We were just on last week, we could have plummeted!!!!!!!!! The fear is real.... 😂

Skywise

No kidding - you can see right outside from the ride and that's dangerous! Glad they're finally getting that fixed. :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No the real question is what is so wrong it knocked out both sides. That ride was designed to be two completely different ride clones in one building. I didn’t think there was anything that worked on both shafts. Hopefully it’s a quick fix.
Wondering if it is perhaps power supply related, something in the center that delivers power to both sides?

lazyboy97o

No the real question is what is so wrong it knocked out both sides. That ride was designed to be two completely different ride clones in one building. I didn’t think there was anything that worked on both shafts. Hopefully it’s a quick fix.
Besides an issue that directly connects to both sides, being clones is why you would want to close both sides. If you had something unexpectedly fail you’d want to make sure the other side isn’t going to fail as well.

JIMINYCR

At least its scaffolding that doesnt detract from the site. Thankfully it isnt one of those god awful cranes they use that stick out and ruin photos.

EeyoreFan#24

Maybe it’s just semantics on my part, but it looks like the section that was removed was designed to be removed. I see interior attachment points and a seal between the two photo sets. That indicates to me whatever is back there had the possibility of needing that access at some point. Not that it’s easy access, but easier I guess

just my observation.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hear this crew is going to fix the clock tower in Hill Valley next.
I’m afraid that’s impossible. The parts needed would need to be fabricated, and the cost to do that is prohibitive due to the fact that there’s no ROI for a clock and Di$ney just can’t afford to be throwing money around like that these days.

Tom Morrow

Unplanned maintenance closes Twilight Zone Tower of Terror as a section of the exterior is cut open​

The-Twilight-Zone-Tower-of-Terror_Full_45067.jpg

What part of the building is this? At first glance I thought it was the top, which is where the motor rooms for the drop lifts are located, but this isn't the top.

modnar

I’m afraid that’s impossible. The parts needed would need to be fabricated, and the cost to do that is prohibitive due to the fact that there’s no ROI for a clock and Di$ney just can’t afford to be throwing money around like that these days.
As long as they fix the scary scientist and get rid of the strobe light...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom