Unofficial Wedding

TeriofTerror

Original Poster
My sister-in-law wants to get married on Castaway Cay but not pay for an official Disney Wedding. What would happen if they just had an impromptu ceremony (30 people) on the beach - would Disney allow it, or would they bust it up? Has anyone tried? I'd never attempt it because I don't want to anger The Mouse, but she's not as concerned by that prospect. Thanks!

Club Cooloholic

My sister-in-law wants to get married on Castaway Cay but not pay for an official Disney Wedding. What would happen if they just had an impromptu ceremony (30 people) on the beach - would Disney allow it, or would they bust it up? Has anyone tried? I'd never attempt it because I don't want to anger The Mouse, but she's not as concerned by that prospect. Thanks!
Well, I am sure you can try it. But don't expect people to not be walking around or talking or playing, does not seem to make for a romantic affair nor one good for photos. Honestly maybe they ahould try this at Nassau .

lostpro9het

Do You? Yes
Do You? Yes
Now Kiss
Good, now run and hide before DCL find outs.

Speed wedding.
1132eb2996c5319f2623827d03472790.gif

ChuckElias

Well, I am sure you can try it. But don't expect people to not be walking around or talking or playing, does not seem to make for a romantic affair nor one good for photos.
I agree with this. You might be able to do it. But it would be in the middle of kids running, inner tubes rolling, people walking through the "ceremony". I don't think it would be the experience that you're hoping for.

So here's my suggestion. If you want to do it on the island, and you don't want to risk upsetting anyone, and you want to avoid crowds disrupting the ceremony, then do it someplace besides the beach. Have everyone ride bikes out to the observation tower, for example. There are far fewer people that go out there and I can't remember ever seeing cast members out there to break it up. I'm sure there are other spots like that. You don't get the beach, of course, but you get a much higher probability of an uninterrupted and enjoyable ceremony. Then you can always get some pictures on the beach.

C&D

Why don't you just call up Disney Cruise line...…………….and...……...ask.

p.s. Even if the answer is no; they might provide low or no cost alternatives.
p.p.s. I would sure embrace a wedding in which all Parties were on the same page.

jaklgreen

Who would officiate the wedding? You are in a different country and there are rules that you have to abide by and licensing that you need to get for it to be legal. You will have to register your wedding in the USA also. If they get married ahead of time, then you can just do a "ceremony" on the beach. But there are too many logistics to just go and getting married on some foreign beach. This is off of the Nassau's website.
Legal Requirements to Get Married in The Bahamas
Planning to say “I do” in Nassau Paradise Island? Before you do, it’s important to be familiar with the legal requirements for getting married in The Bahamas to ensure you can get hitched without a hitch! Find out how and when to obtain a Bahamian marriage certificate, how much it will cost, and what documentation you’ll need to bring with you.
How to Obtain a Bahamian Marriage License
You can view or download a Bahamian marriage license application here.
Both you and your partner will need to be in The Bahamas for at least 24 hours prior to applying for a license at the Registrar General’s office in Nassau. The exception is for guests who arrive via cruise ship – in this case, you’ll need a letter from the Ship’s Purser/Guest Services to confirm you have been in Bahamian waters for 24 hours. Two witnesses aged 18 or older must sign your marriage license, and witnesses can be provided if necessary.
You’ll receive your marriage license the day after you apply, and it’s valid for 90 days. The fee for a marriage license is $120, which includes one certified copy of a marriage certificate.
Required Documents
  • Couples wishing to get married in The Bahamas must provide government-issued photo ID from their country of residence (for example, a valid passport).
  • You’ll need proof of your date of arrival in The Bahamas. Use your Bahamas Immigration Card or the entry stamp in your passport as proof of your arrival date.
  • If you’re single and have never been married before, you’ll need a declaration certifying this fact. This can be sworn before a notary public or another person authorized to administer oaths in your country of residence. You’ll need this document when you apply for a marriage license. If you prefer, you can also make this declaration in The Bahamas with an attorney-at-law or notary public.
  • If you are a minor under 18 years of age, you must have written parental consent to get married in The Bahamas. Consent forms can be obtained from the Registrar General’s office.
  • If you’re divorced, you must produce an original final divorce decree or a certified copy with a raised or color seal.
  • If you are widowed, you must produce a death certificate for the deceased spouse.
The Registrar General’s Office in Nassau is open to the public from Monday-Friday, 9:30am – 4:00pm, closed on Bahamian holidays. Contact the office at (242) 323-0594 with any questions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom