Unnamed Animal Kingdom River Ride--Revised

Chad

Original Poster
OK, for those of you who were here before the switch, you may remember my unamed river ride. Now, responses varied, but most where sorta on the negative side, it wasn't one of my best ideas. However, me being the persistent one, I revised, and re-wrote, using the 'Gods' theme that was spoke of, only i took it a notch down, and decided to use spirits. most of the inspiration came from the TIki god from the tiki room, so, just go with me here.

Moving on, THIS RIDE STILL HAS NO NAME! Help!!!

So, it is still somewhat of the same premise, it's a boat ride, but these boats are quiet different. The seats can turn, while the boat moves, like spaceship earth, the riders POV can be shifted back and forth.

I still wanted this ride to show animals, I felt that was a big theme, but now I thought it would be fun to play with the 'Curiosity Caverns' that is in Busch Gardens, which showcases nocturnal animals, snakes, bats etc..

So...anyways. It starts off the same, a Tour agency, offering you a megectic tour through a cave river. Harambe Cave explorations or Cave Tours sounded good to me, but thats just me. You board your boat, and enter the cave, but soon after, using the magic of fiber optics, a spirit follows you into the cave, and appears before you, animitronic of course. I envision here as looking similar to the nature girl in fantasia 2000, but its open to interpretation. She tells you that she is one of the spirits of nature, note the ONE OF part, many there is more, and she wants to show you some of the wonders that exist underground, and at night. So, your boat follows a trail of sparkling fiber optics that twinkly overhead, showing her trail, and her voice describes each of the animals you approach. The seats turn, so everyone can see each animal home..So far I think the bats, snakes, some sort of burrowing rodent, and perhaps some big lizards would be good choices. anyways, your boat flows through as she describes them too you. You enter into another room, filled with totems and skulls-on-sticks <sounds like a weird kids game from manson toy company, doesn't it?> etc..etc, were suddenly, and loudly, another, less friendly forest spirit appears, popping out and resembling the tiki god from tikki room <mentioned above> she sound abit like hopper form its tough to be a bug, asking why the other spirit was revealing the secrets of the night, etc..etc.."These humans burn the forests...destroying them for they're own selfish needs' she would say, and as she does, flame throwers would spew out flames, "They drain the land of its resources, leaving it barren and dry, stealing the water" as she says this, jets of water shoot up, and splash< not too much, they are not meant to soak them, just evoke some oohhhhs and ahhhhs..> the guests, "No, the less humans the better, the are an infestation on this planet! They will meet their doom in the depths of my volcano!" she would say, and the rock on the walls of the cave would start to shake and fall <similar to BTMR> and the water would shoot up randomly, the flames would shoot out again, and the tiki-type spirit would cackle like mad while the friendly spirit begs vainly for her to stop. Suddenly, the boat would drop down a big ol' drop, like the jurrasic park drop, zooming down. One of those retractable doors would black out the sun, and make it look like you were plunging into darkness. On the door, fiber optics would sparkle, signifying our happy friendly spirit is there, and speakers would say,"No, spare them, they can change!" the door would fly open <like in test track> and the splash down would occur! The boat would float to the unloading area, the guests would exist, and enter into an area with some exhibits on conservation.

Now you may be saying,"but chad, there were no lifts??" true, there weren't. INstead of building the lift, the ride would be dug into the ground, then the boats would go onto a lift and be taken back up t the loading area. like in POC. The guests would ride an escalator back to the top.

Ta Da! Hopefully this is better then the first one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom