Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I'm at Magic Kingdom now and they've been doing absolutely nothing to celebrate our Unmagical 5 year Party. The Cinderella Meet and Greet was cancelled, Katiebug never made an appearance (I was told she went to Disneyland by accident) and Sam, yet again, continued to do nothing.

DISCLAIMER: Not actually at MK. Wish I was
I'm At Disneyland now. They scrimmed the castle ahead of her arrival. Truly unmagical.

KATIEBUG1O1

Let me start out by saying that I love Disney websites, or at least I did until my recent comments on March 6, 2014. For some strange reason, it seems as though you did not take my comments seriously, so I have decided to write a much overdue update.

On Friday, March 1, 2019, I decided that Disney World deserved one more chance to impress me and my little prince and princesses, but sadly, there have been many more unnecessary changes at the ā€œhappiest place on earthā€. Because Magic Kingdom was so unmagical in 2014, we decided to skip it and start our visit at MGM Studios. The first thing I noticed was that the park is no longer called MGM, but is now known as ā€œHollywood Studiosā€ (hmmm, that name doesnā€™t sound as magical.) When we walked in, we were saddened to see that the blue Mickey Mouse hat has been replaced with a movie theater. Why was this changed? I loved that hat and the new building is very ugly and doesnā€™t look like something that belongs at Disney World. We arrived very early in the morning so that we could be the first in line for the new Star Wars rides, but they were nowhere to be found. After walking around looking for the rides for over an hour, we approached a cast member who told us that the ā€œStar Wars Galaxyā€ will open this fall. Why would Disney announce new rides before they are ready to open? My Prince Dylan, who is now 5 years old, began to cry because he wanted to go on the new rides. We were told to visit the ā€œLaunch Bayā€ for some Star Wars exhibits, but I told the cast member that we wanted to go on the new rides, which we paid a lot of money to see. He told us that there was nothing that could be done about that, so we decided to leave MGM and head over to Epcot.

When we arrived at Epcot, we were greeted with another unmagical change that should not have happened. The Mickey Mouse wand is no longer on the globe, so it now looks like a giant golf ball. Are you kidding me?? This was a huge mistake. How am I supposed to feel like I am at Disney World when you keep removing the Mickey icons from the theme parks? Not off to a great start, Disney. We walked into the park and decided to eat lunch at Electric Umbrella, which was the only place in the park that my daughter Julie could find chicken nuggets. While my husband ordered the food, I wanted to sit down with Prince Dylan and Princess Skye, who is now 7, but we were blocked from doing so by the cast members. Seriously???? I told you that this policy is ridiculous, but it seems as though it has not been changed. To make matters worse, when I went to tell the manager, I recognized him from my visit to Cosmic Rayā€™s in 2014. Apparently, Sam has been transferred to Epcot. Yet again, Sam did nothing. Sam did not give us fast passes to the Frozen ride. Sam did not walk us to a table. Sam did not apologize. I found my husband and we left the park so that we could eat at Dennyā€™s instead.

While at Dennyā€™s, we talked about how our visit had been just as bad as the one in 2014. We decided to skip the Animal Kingdom zoo which we were planning on spending the evening at, and instead we drove down to Universal Studios. On the way there, I contacted Disney customer service so that I could get a refund, and once again, I was connected to Winston. He was no help and told me that the tickets are non-refundable. This is another insane policy, which did not exist before. If someone visits Disney World and has an unmagical day, shouldnā€™t you give them their money back???? Another epic fail Disney! As a travel agent, I felt as though it was important to give Disney another try, but clearly you have many new terrible policies in place which make the entire experience unmagical. I will make sure to tell every person I know that Disney is not what it once was, and if you ever want me to visit again, I better receive a sincere apology and free tickets for the rest of my life.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Let me start out by saying that I love Disney websites, or at least I did until my recent comments on March 6, 2014. For some strange reason, it seems as though you did not take my comments seriously, so I have decided to write a much overdue update.

On Friday, March 1, 2019, I decided that Disney World deserved one more chance to impress me and my little prince and princesses, but sadly, there have been many more unnecessary changes at the ā€œhappiest place on earthā€. Because Magic Kingdom was so unmagical in 2014, we decided to skip it and start our visit at MGM Studios. The first thing I noticed was that the park is no longer called MGM, but is now known as ā€œHollywood Studiosā€ (hmmm, that name doesnā€™t sound as magical.) When we walked in, we were saddened to see that the blue Mickey Mouse hat has been replaced with a movie theater. Why was this changed? I loved that hat and the new building is very ugly and doesnā€™t look like something that belongs at Disney World. We arrived very early in the morning so that we could be the first in line for the new Star Wars rides, but they were nowhere to be found. After walking around looking for the rides for over an hour, we approached a cast member who told us that the ā€œStar Wars Galaxyā€ will open this fall. Why would Disney announce new rides before they are ready to open? My Prince Dylan, who is now 5 years old, began to cry because he wanted to go on the new rides. We were told to visit the ā€œLaunch Bayā€ for some Star Wars exhibits, but I told the cast member that we wanted to go on the new rides, which we paid a lot of money to see. He told us that there was nothing that could be done about that, so we decided to leave MGM and head over to Epcot.

When we arrived at Epcot, we were greeted with another unmagical change that should not have happened. The Mickey Mouse wand is no longer on the globe, so it now looks like a giant golf ball. Are you kidding me?? This was a huge mistake. How am I supposed to feel like I am at Disney World when you keep removing the Mickey icons from the theme parks? Not off to a great start, Disney. We walked into the park and decided to eat lunch at Electric Umbrella, which was the only place in the park that my daughter Julie could find chicken nuggets. While my husband ordered the food, I wanted to sit down with Prince Dylan and Princess Skye, who is now 7, but we were blocked from doing so by the cast members. Seriously???? I told you that this policy is ridiculous, but it seems as though it has not been changed. To make matters worse, when I went to tell the manager, I recognized him from my visit to Cosmic Rayā€™s in 2014. Apparently, Sam has been transferred to Epcot. Yet again, Sam did nothing. Sam did not give us fast passes to the Frozen ride. Sam did not walk us to a table. Sam did not apologize. I found my husband and we left the park so that we could eat at Dennyā€™s instead.

While at Dennyā€™s, we talked about how our visit had been just as bad as the one in 2014. We decided to skip the Animal Kingdom zoo which we were planning on spending the evening at, and instead we drove down to Universal Studios. On the way there, I contacted Disney customer service so that I could get a refund, and once again, I was connected to Winston. He was no help and told me that the tickets are non-refundable. This is another insane policy, which did not exist before. If someone visits Disney World and has an unmagical day, shouldnā€™t you give them their money back???? Another epic fail Disney! As a travel agent, I felt as though it was important to give Disney another try, but clearly you have many new terrible policies in place which make the entire experience unmagical. I will make sure to tell every person I know that Disney is not what it once was, and if you ever want me to visit again, I better receive a sincere apology and free tickets for the rest of my life.

pkEtO6u.gif

KBLovedDisney

This just made my day...magical.

KBLovedDisney

So the park icons were actually originally without the sorcerer wand and Mickey hat. Those were added later on and eventually removed. Many people actually remember them before the "Mickey" touches were added.

To expect fastpasses to Frozen just because you couldn't get a seat is pushing it IMO. You weren't the only people in that restaurant.

I think it's crazy you operate as a travel agent yet have no information on the place you are visiting. I think a little bit of research may help you before your trip next time.

JohnD

So the park icons were actually originally without the sorcerer wand and Mickey hat. Those were added later on and eventually removed. Many people actually remember them before the "Mickey" touches were added.

To expect fastpasses to Frozen just because you couldn't get a seat is pushing it IMO. You weren't the only people in that restaurant.

I think it's crazy you operate as a travel agent yet have no information on the place you are visiting. I think a little bit of research may help you before your trip next time.

Let me spell it out for you. P-A-R-O-D-Y.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom