Universe of Energy just became that much more dated

gustaftp

Original Poster
I enjoy watching Jeopardy, but the past several weeks I've been unable to watch it as I've been working later hours.

Today I came home early, and what do I see? A new Jeopardy set! The new set looks very clean and sophisticated, and provides a nice transition to HD - the previous set was stuck in this weird thing between SD and HD modes for awhile.

However, this just makes the Universe of Energy appear to be even that much more dated. I'm surprised there aren't any substantive rumors about the attraction getting more than just a rehab!

I like the format of the Universe of Energy, and one would think that relatively speaking it would be much cheaper to shoot a new film and throw that in there, as opposed to designing a new attraction.

Any word on what the refurbishment will be completing? Or if we can expect anything new? I wonder if management has a hard time justifying it because A) they don't like spending money, and B) that entire corner of Future World would be completely vacant for a period of time.

Figment1986

I thought the set in Energy was the pre HD capability set... considdering the cameras are Standard def cameras :lookaroun

though you are right, too bad they cannot reshoot the stuff they did on the jeperdy set.

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
You are right, it does look strange in comparison to the new Jeopardy set. Energy is suppose to reopen on Sunday (3/22) but I'm not so sure what the rehab consists of. I guess we'll have to wait and see a report from someone!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Only if they have the groovy music and resurrected stars to go along with that one.
Hey, perhaps you're on to something here. :shrug: Now just to find an energy tie-in....
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhL8Tfjzyz8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhL8Tfjzyz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Disneyson 1

Why not do Stupid Judy and Ellen as the contestants, and scientists as the "celebrities" (Albert Einstein, Madame Curie, Watson & Crick, etc., but Betty White MUST be in it!!! She's a staple, and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to do the ride.)?

jmani56

I rode UOE on my last trip after not seeing it for years, and it was not as bad people make it seem. I actually really enjoyed it, and so did my family. At least it's still somewhat educational, even if it's dated. I'd take it over Test Track or Mission Space any day.

EpcotServo

Is it bad when I saw this title my mind immediately jumped to we've discovered some CRAZY endless Energy Source outta' Black Holes or somethun'...yeaaaa, disappointed to say the least.
:lol:

PLeyava

I try to appreciate all Disney attractions. From themeing and detail and the idea and concept of it, and also realizing I cannot do it ANYWHERE else but in Disney.

Plus working on Attractions makes me appreciate Park Operations CM's MUCH more! =D

Figment1986

Is it bad when I saw this title my mind immediately jumped to we've discovered some CRAZY endless Energy Source outta' Black Holes or somethun'...yeaaaa, disappointed to say the least.
:lol:

They could figure out the concept from Issaic Azmovs "The Gods Themselves" and create an Electron Pump... granted it would cause our sun to go Supernova... but it could happen.

goodtimes5286

as much as i dislike epcot, i really love EEA, and I have no clue why. One of my favorite parts is when you go into the dark room and the radio is playing as it goes from prehistoric time until now, for some reason that's really entertaining and amazing to meh

updating EEA isnt so bad, as long as they keep the attraction itself pretty much the same, I think bill nye is the man and albert losing in jeopardy is baffling. Just add more seats to the queue then 3 benches....plez! im tired of trampling 10+ people in a mexican group who think its ok to sit wherever as long as theres carpet and no one can tell them in spanish "no sit-aye" and even STILL ive seen people just sit and ignore the CM talking over the loud speaker!

D-bags need 2 listen up n give the CM's some respect, i bet they like scolding adults over the loud speaker just as much as guests love hearing it over and over and over again.

Rob562

Actually, I don't believe that the set seen in Energy even really looked like the TV show set when the attraction first opened. It was more "Jeopardy-ish" taking some design cues from the set at the time, but it wasn't filmed on the actual TV show set, nor was it an exact replica.

-Rob

WishIwasThere

Just add more seats to the queue then 3 benches....plez! im tired of trampling 10+ people in a mexican group who think its ok to sit wherever as long as theres carpet and no one can tell them in spanish "no sit-aye" and even STILL ive seen people just sit and ignore the CM talking over the loud speaker!

Those are Brazillian groups, not Mexican, so you'd have to learn Portugese instead.

Anyway, how much is a brazillian? More that a million I suppose.:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom