Universal's Sapphire Falls looks awfully familiar!

raymusiccity

Original Poster
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I just saw the above artist concept of Universal Studios on-site hotel,Sapphire Falls. Maybe it's just my first impression, but, I was immediately reminded of Aulani's grand entrance, as well as obvious design elements from Disney's Polynesian Village.

I guess imitation is a sincere form of flattery, but, 'c'mon man!'

I'm sure there are many other examples of intellectual property being lifted by the competition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 102501 View attachment 102502 View attachment 102503

I just saw the above artist concept of Universal Studios on-site hotel,Sapphire Falls. Maybe it's just my first impression, but, I was immediately reminded of Aulani's grand entrance, as well as obvious design elements from Disney's Polynesian Village.

I'm sure there are many other examples of intellectual property being lifted by the competition.

Except for the spherical elements in the chandelier, I don't see any other similarities.

matt9112

i don't see it minus the light fixture. i bet this resort will be a GREAT value. 119 a night on off peak i think they claim? boats to resort...just not express pass who cares? all im going to say is look a lobby and hallways to your rooms for 119 dollars a night....with amazing theming....granted some people may enjoy paying to stay at disney deluxe because rawr deluxe rulz

BrianV

View attachment 102501 View attachment 102502 View attachment 102503

Looks pretty nice. But...no express pass is a deal breaker. Who would willingly wait in line at the theme park when by simply changing where you stay you are allowed to cut in front of most lines?!? If wdw did this it would be awesome.

matt9112

Looks pretty nice. But...no express pass is a deal breaker. Who would willingly wait in line at the theme park when by simply changing where you stay you are allowed to cut in front of most lines?!? If wdw did this it would be awesome.

How come the lack of express like pass is not a deal breaker when your paying 400 a night? Because fast pass exsists? Granted I never go to the parks in busy season so I guess lines for me are never an issue.

BrianV

How come the lack of express like pass is not a deal breaker when your paying 400 a night? Because fast pass exsists? Granted I never go to the parks in busy season so I guess lines for me are never an issue.

For a trivial amount more (the difference between saphire falls and royal pacific) you can get unlimited express pass.

At wdw unlimited fast pass is not an option at any hotel. And to be honest, it is a little bit of a deal breaker for us so we go to universal more often than wdw these days. The express-pass deal at universal will eventually disappear.

Imagine at wdw that all deluxes got unlimited fast passes except, for example, the wilderness lodge. Sure it is a bit cheaper, but would you ever stay there?

matt9112

For a trivial amount more (the difference between saphire falls and royal pacific) you can get unlimited express pass.

At wdw unlimited fast pass is not an option at any hotel. And to be honest, it is a little bit of a deal breaker for us so we go to universal more often than wdw these days. The express-pass deal at universal will eventually disappear.

Imagine at wdw that all deluxes got unlimited fast passes except, for example, the wilderness lodge. Sure it is a bit cheaper, but would you ever stay there?

At WDW adding a perk like that would force them to charge 1000 a night for base rims or destroy stand by and current fast pass system. Heck even universal realized express pass couldn't be rolled out to potter land for a reason. I guess my argument is during the value season at 119 a night you would not likely need the express pass....I have done IOA including new potter and eating at the three broomstick by 1pm...

My value point was simply that you get deluxe feel for 60 to 70 dollars less than a Disney moderate.

BrianV

At WDW adding a perk like that would force them to charge 1000 a night for base rims or destroy stand by and current fast pass system. Heck even universal realized express pass couldn't be rolled out to potter land for a reason. I guess my argument is during the value season at 119 a night you would not likely need the express pass....I have done IOA including new potter and eating at the three broomstick by 1pm...

My value point was simply that you get deluxe feel for 60 to 70 dollars less than a Disney moderate.

Oh, as a hotel it will be a great deal, likely on par with many wdw deluxe hotels. But the rpr will continue to be an even better deal because of the added perks. Once those perks disappear, I'd likely shop based on price at universal. For now I shop on price and perks.

JT3000

As someone who has stayed at the Alauni, this thread actually made me laugh out loud. Just not for the reasons the OP intended.

I gotta make sure I never hang colored balls from my ceiling though. Don't wanna look like some sort of uninspired copycat, you know. Cause Disney definitely broke new ground with that whole look.

Still laughing as I typed that.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Original Poster

Insert 'Port Orleans' instead of Wilderness Lodge, and, yes, I'd stay there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom