Universals New Nighttime Show

Stripes

Those are likely "mee fog" type nozzle bars. Not going to do anything but mist / fog the lagoon.
Yep, I thought they might be those fountains that have a lot of nozzles but squirt a little water from each nozzle, but seeing as they have no lighting, I think they're definitely for fog.

maxairmike

A high school isn't going to be troubled by noise at night. No one should be there.

Other than an apartment complex right behind Gringotts. Or the Turkey Lake Rd. community, or Toscana across Turkey Lake Rd. that was raising a stink during Volcano Bay construction. Nah, there's no residential anywhere around Universal. Just look on Google Maps.

Disneyhead'71

Seems as if Universal's web team may have jumped the gun.

lagoon-show_tcm55-65764.jpg

Universal’s Cinematic Celebration™ – Epic Cinema Under the Stars

"Starting this summer, nights at Universal Studios Florida™ will be brighter and bolder than ever as music from the world’s biggest films fills the air and scores of dancing fountains erupt. Massive walls of water blaze with epic movie moments and powerful projections bring the entire waterfront into the movies. You’ll see and hear roaring dinosaurs from Jurassic World, feel the adrenaline rush of high-speed cars from Fast & Furious, watch the mischievous antics of the Minions from Despicable Me, and so much more. Don’t miss the amazing new show that’s lighting up select nights all year long."

https://site.universalorlando.com/military/Universal_Studios_Florida/See-Whats-New.aspx

Last edited:

matt9112

They have neighbors .....

buy them out....stop playing games they caused the problem they are in. as an aside wasnt the studios there first? meaning the neighbor's knew they were building next to a theme park? reminds me of when people complain about noise when you buy a house next to qla legal gun range.

OG Runner

Well, it looks like the fountains are working, the IPs to use have been selected and the show is almost good to go.
It should be fun. I am thinking the Fast & Furious portion is going to be more exciting than the Fast & Furious ride.

Tom Morrow

buy them out....stop playing games they caused the problem they are in. as an aside wasnt the studios there first? meaning the neighbor's knew they were building next to a theme park? reminds me of when people complain about noise when you buy a house next to qla legal gun range.
I believe most of the residential area around UOR predates UOR.

Calm Down Rover

Yeesh, I hope that blog post isn't kidding when they say "and much more." Cinematic Spectacular was a pretty bare clip show, but at least the range of IPs and music was spot-on. I particularly hope Jurassic Park won't be scrubbed from the parks entirely in favor of its shinier, more polarizing reboot.

Really looking forward to hearing the score, I'm probably most excited for that part.

GLaDOS

Some nighttime testing:

Yeesh, I hope that blog post isn't kidding when they say "and much more." Cinematic Spectacular was a pretty bare clip show, but at least the range of IPs and music was spot-on. I particularly hope Jurassic Park won't be scrubbed from the parks entirely in favor of its shinier, more polarizing reboot.

Really looking forward to hearing the score, I'm probably most excited for that part.

In interviews Aiello has said each IP section is 2 minutes long, and it's a 19 minute show, give or take. We know 6 sections (Potter, Jurassic, Minions, Fast, ET, and DreamWorks), so there are 7-ish minutes unaccounted for.

TTA94

Original Poster
This would have been way more impressive had they put fountains the whole length of the lagoon, like the last show, instead of just the one end. Anyone know the reason behind this? To expensive? Or is this something that could be added to in the future depending on its popularity?

Disneyhead'71

This would have been way more impressive had they put fountains the whole length of the lagoon, like the last show, instead of just the one end. Anyone know the reason behind this? To expensive? Or is this something that could be added to in the future depending on its popularity?
This show is more like a amphitheater type show with a designated viewing area like WoC or RoL.

imperius

It’s using projections on New York and this allows the show to be much easier to watch and enjoy.

JoeCamel

Some huge capacity numbers have been circulated so if true why build more when this will fill the bill. Why would you put the rest of the track on SDMT when a short track will do?

TTA94

Original Poster
Curious what WDW thinks of this. My guess would be the sudden rumors of WDW pushing ahead the updated Illuminations has something to do with this show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom