Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Magenta Panther

I think Ghostbusters could be a good attraction if done well. Ghost hunting is and will always be popular (see the numerous cable shows based on the subject. Silly as they are, they're popular, and hence relevant). If this new film captures the humor and fun of the original, then the franchise will come to life again. So anyway, a new GB ride would be awesome, but to really please ME, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson MUST be part of it. They're the Han and Luke and Leia and Chewie of the GB franchise - the original and best characters. The ride designers could use either used or discarded footage from the original film, or CGI it, or whatever, to make the old gang a part of it. The queue itself could be amazing. I hope Universal considers this. A GB ride could be Universal's own hip-yet-retro Haunted Mansion. Make it so, Universal! 👻

bclane

It could be 1980s land ;-)
A 1980s land would be amazing! They could even cheat and add a Stranger Things section to up the appeal for people not already in love with that decade. There are so many movies that could inspire great rides from that era that people still recognize today. How about a Top Gun flight simulator or roller coaster (the new trailer is amazing!)? Ghostbusters is obvious as already suggested. They could do a Never Ending Story dark ride and since Netflix is about to release a whole series based on that universe it would be relevant even today. An MTV music based dark ride could be really fun for everyone who loves 1980s jams. And I've always thought a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure time travel dark ride could be fun. So many possibilities...

s8film40

I never see anything Ghostbusters or BTTF. Sorry but not a single tee shirt or reference. I think you live in some weird bubble not connected to real life.
I don’t know, maybe you’re just not paying attention. Extremely mainstream stores like Target and Walmart carry pretty good selections of apparel for both properties. They typically sell pretty good too. Universal also has dedicated sections to both in several of their stores. I suspect the people buying all that stuff arent just taking it home and packing it away.

A 1980’s land would sound really cool at a fourth park but again since back to the future and ghostbusters isn’t relevant to you guys I guess it isn’t possible for it to comeback at all. With all of the shark movies coming out without having another jaws movie being made is weird too. Shark week keeps getting more and more popular. Sharknado movies weren’t great but it kept the presence of jaws still around somehow. And they are bringing back the model of the original jaws shark to a new academy of motion pictures museum in LA so who knows will they make another movie. I think a Spielberg mini land would be cool at s fourth park just my opinion. Ressurect another Spielberg classic with close encounters of the third kind attraction. Make the attraction look like your on the plain fields in Indiana at night with UFO’s flying around you. Also a sequel of warner bros the Meg is coming out.

lebeau

I live on the coast in South Carolina. Maybe it's a regional thing? I'm around kids all the time and at kids events, not seeing any T-shirts or anything like that.

I'm in the Cincinnati area. I see Ghostbusters stuff sometimes. Rarely ever Back to the Future. Places that deal a lot in pop culture nostalgia (Hot Topic) will stock the stuff. It's not common in Target, Wal-Mart or Kohls but sometimes it will turn up.

Most kids are at least familiar with the Ghostbusters song. Whether or not they have seen any of the movies is another question. If their parents aren't fans, odds are they aren't either. Go to a grade school and most of the kids will never have heard of Back to the Future.

I agree with s8film40 that back to the future and ghostbusters are just a popular as Star Wars. A new ghostbusters movie is coming out a new haunted house but we may never see a new attraction come back to a new fourth park. It’s just interesting that ghostbusters would come back as a haunt after all this time. I hope this isn’t the end for ghostbusters at universal and we will see something even more at the new park. Who knows a new movie could be a hit to create a mini land. It may not fit with classic monsters but it could fit into to one of the worlds for classic monsters as comedy horror.

lebeau

homer-simpson-facepalm.jpg

imperius

I agree with s8film40 that back to the future and ghostbusters are just a popular as Star Wars. A new ghostbusters movie is coming out a new haunted house but we may never see a new attraction come back to a new fourth park. It’s just interesting that ghostbusters would come back as a haunt after all this time. I hope this isn’t the end for ghostbusters at universal and we will see something even more at the new park. Who knows a new movie could be a hit to create a mini land. It may not fit with classic monsters but it could fit into to one of the worlds for classic monsters as comedy horror.
In no timeline are either of them as popular as Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom