Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

The Pho

I think that would work a lot better as an attraction than an entire land. It would be hard to disguise a theme park land (which is typically open) as a space ship. The stylistic differences between OS and NG are massive. I would expect them to go with the 2009 reboot style which most fans would probably be okay with. But that movie series appears to be on life support if not already dead.
I’m not sure I’d say it’s difficult to disguise the land that way. It would just be an indoor land. I know the visuals change quite a bit with the era, but I really don’t think the era would be the draw. A slightly different situation, but a lot of people will be going to Galaxy’s Edge to see the Falcon not to see Batuu or the sequel era, although most will go because Disney and/or Star Wars.

Since the Enterprise is a larger ship than the Falcon building it life size or near would be harder and more expensive, much easier to showcase it from the inside, which is kind of what Disney did for the Falcon, just with an attraction, we see a model but get to explore some of the ship as part of the line. But a larger ship could function as much more than a single ride.

I’m just saying that the focus of Star Trek has pretty much always been “the voyages of the Starship Enterprise” not the places they went, so that’s what people would want to see. Whereas Star Wars has the focus of “a galaxy far far away”

Then again, Hogwarts was the obvious choice for a Harry Potter Land and it was relegated solely to a ride, when it could’ve been so much more. And that land still turned out great.

OG Runner

One problem with Star Trek is what iteration do you use? OS, TNG, 2009, Discovery? They don't look similar enough to do something generic like Galaxy's Edge.

An entire themed land presents additional problems. More often than not, Star Trek is on the bridge of a ship. What would the land be? An away mission? Walk around Starfleet?

Deep Space Nine, with sprinklings of the Next Generation and Voyager. If they had the rights, they could make it work.
Plenty of alien races and a whole section of DS9 was shops, restaurants and bars.

lebeau

Deep Space Nine, with sprinklings of the Next Generation and Voyager. If they had the rights, they could make it work.
Plenty of alien races and a whole section of DS9 was shops, restaurants and bars.

That would be cool for serious fans. But I doubt it's what non-Trekkers have in mind when they think of a Star Trek land.

That was essentially what the Star Trek Experience in Vegas was like back when that was a thing.

Animaniac93-98

Apparently, Pokemon is going to be at the new park according to Alicia Stella.

So what would go in Kidzone? Are we stuck with that area forever?

And someone else on the IU Forums hinted at a Scooby Doo presence as well.

If they're going to do a whole Monsters Land, then adding Scooby-Doo to the mix makes sense. Broadens the appeal by giving something younger kids (who maybe scared of the monsters) something to look forward to.

trr1

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Jun 29
Universal's Endless Summer Resort (Dockside Inn and Surfside Inn) relative to the expansion property (at arrow, rumored to be called Fantastic Worlds).

Aerial view of current work where (according to public records) parking is planned for Universal's expansion (rumored to be called Fantastic Worlds).

An interesting feature in Universal's expansion property.

There's quite a view into Universal's expansion property right now from Destination Pwy WB. Much equipment doing excavation, moving material elsewhere in the property. In the aerial, Destination Pwy is top left.

1st aerial photo shows what may be the start of infrastructure in Universal's expansion property for offices and warehouses supporting the existing UOR. To be built along Sand Lake Road, right side of 2nd photo. Top arrow 2nd photo at Aventura, Surfside, Dockside.

At center of this aerial, construction of apartments near both the Universal expansion property and Lockheed Martin. Bottom right is Topgolf Orlando.

Aerial view of the lonesome palm tree seemingly at center of Universal's expansion property.

trr1

Paved parking and an office trailer complex added recently in Universal's expansion property. Tree farm has been there awhile. In 2nd photo, bottom arrow is roller coaster track staging. Possibly for the unannounced Jurassic Park project.

Aerial view of roller coaster track staged in Universal's expansion property. Track for Hagrid's Motorbike was staged in the property, it's believed this track is staged for a ride in the unannounced Jurassic Park project.

Nearly straight-down aerial view of roller coaster track staged in Universal's expansion property. Believed to be for an unannounced project in Jurassic Park.

Roller coaster track staged in Universal's expansion property. It's a long story, but in the 1990's UOR owned all of the land seen here, including at OCCC North-South. Sold it off. Few years ago bought a big block back in 2 transactions.

ToTBellHop

Universal's Endless Summer Resort (Dockside Inn and Surfside Inn) relative to the expansion property (at arrow, rumored to be called Fantastic Worlds).
View attachment 385576
Aerial view of current work where (according to public records) parking is planned for Universal's expansion (rumored to be called Fantastic Worlds).
View attachment 385577
An interesting feature in Universal's expansion property.
View attachment 385578
There's quite a view into Universal's expansion property right now from Destination Pwy WB. Much equipment doing excavation, moving material elsewhere in the property. In the aerial, Destination Pwy is top left.
View attachment 385579
View attachment 385580
View attachment 385581
1st aerial photo shows what may be the start of infrastructure in Universal's expansion property for offices and warehouses supporting the existing UOR. To be built along Sand Lake Road, right side of 2nd photo. Top arrow 2nd photo at Aventura, Surfside, Dockside.
View attachment 385584
View attachment 385585
At center of this aerial, construction of apartments near both the Universal expansion property and Lockheed Martin. Bottom right is Topgolf Orlando.
View attachment 385586
Aerial view of the lonesome palm tree seemingly at center of Universal's expansion property.
View attachment 385587
Not exactly on topic but is the plan for Dockside to NOT actually be on water?

WDWFREAK53

I saw that. I don't know about a "step" but I was happy to see her. Her costume is pretty bad though.

IMG_8589.jpg

Considering the source material, I think she's screen accurate (as much as she could be with a face character). Of course the majority of people would prefer her Filmation cartoon look but this works due to it being based on the Netflix series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom