Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Lintemuthstudios

From @Happytycho over on the IU forums...

This afternoon I was looking at this area of the infrastructure plans:

uor_south_drainage-png.8550

And it occurred to me that the water supply and sewer pipes show a pretty clear hub and spoke type layout for the new park. I think the pipes should run on the borders between lands, and this makes sense with the shown driveways from the perimeter road to be access roads between each area. I've more clearly marked the perimeter road(red) and the water pipes(blues):

uor_south_drainage_labeled-png.8551

The presumed entrance is in orange, and I've numbered the different sectors in case everyone wants to start speculating on what might go where within the park. An intriguing question is what's going on in the northern sections labeled 5 and 6, because the plans depict very little here. Some possibilities:
- A massive Dreamworks or Nintendo land
- A large (1000+? room) hotel
- They only have half of the park designed so the layout here is still forthcoming

Jaison

From @Happytycho over on the IU forums...

This afternoon I was looking at this area of the infrastructure plans:​
uor_south_drainage-png.8550
And it occurred to me that the water supply and sewer pipes show a pretty clear hub and spoke type layout for the new park. I think the pipes should run on the borders between lands, and this makes sense with the shown driveways from the perimeter road to be access roads between each area. I've more clearly marked the perimeter road(red) and the water pipes(blues):​
uor_south_drainage_labeled-png.8551
The presumed entrance is in orange, and I've numbered the different sectors in case everyone wants to start speculating on what might go where within the park. An intriguing question is what's going on in the northern sections labeled 5 and 6, because the plans depict very little here. Some possibilities:​
- A massive Dreamworks or Nintendo land​
- A large (1000+? room) hotel​
- They only have half of the park designed so the layout here is still forthcoming​

I cant see the images, can you re-link them?

MagicJack78

I'm certainly not anyone in the know; and have zero insider information; however it feels like the completion of this project is at least 5 years out. I say this because it sounds like the creative development part of this project is still early on. I also get the feeling that Universal wants to do this park right and are willing to take their time to execute properly.

Can someone who may be in the know please elaborate on the time frame and allocated budget for this project?
Thanks!

TwilightZone

I'm certainly not anyone in the know; and have zero insider information; however it feels like the completion of this project is at least 5 years out. I say this because it sounds like the creative development part of this project is still early on. I also get the feeling that Universal wants to do this park right and are willing to take their time to execute properly.

Can someone who may be in the know please elaborate on the time frame and allocated budget for this project?
Thanks!
I don't have exact numbers, but recently there has been news that universal is planning to spend a ton of money to compete with disney. The numbers given in the article, I believe were in the thousands and billions, but I have to re read it.

BubbaQuest

I don't have exact numbers, but recently there has been news that universal is planning to spend a ton of money to compete with disney. The numbers given in the article, I believe were in the thousands and billions, but I have to re read it.

The last earnings report I read indicated Comcast was spending $500M a quarter on park investments. This included some big ticket items like Diagon Alley and the USJ buyout. We know NintendoLand is happening in Japan and a "mystery" project on the lower level of USH, plus a couple more hotels. Assuming only *half* the current budget is going to a new park, we could easily be looking at a $5B(!) investment over 5 years. I think DCA 1.0 plus DCA 2.0 was only about $3B.

The money is already there for something impressive. If the new hotels continue to fill up, I would assume the investment numbers will increase if Uni thinks they can continue to fill new Convention Center hotels with a new park.

===
Edit: I just realized I missed a year -- I'm not sure I read the annual report post Volcano Bay. This is from Comcast's October 2018 quarterly earnings report:

"NBCUniversal’s capital expenditures of $405 million increased 14.4%, reflecting continued investment at Theme Parks....For the nine months ended September 30, 2018...NBCUniversal's capital expenditures increased 16.1% to $1.1 billion in 2018."

So definitely down from the highs of the USH Potter expenditures. Will be interesting to see the next Annual Report.
===

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom