Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

Man I still hope the park happens. Any more info anyone? I haven't looked at the Universal Forums in a few weeks.
It will as long as Comcast owns Universal and that isn't changing anytime soon.

Living in Florida you get used to the boom and bust cycles. It is not steady growth over the short term but the long term is positive overall.
We saw this with real estate many times since swampland became popular and it continues today.

Tonto

I just can't see this park being completed in this decade. It could take Disney/Universal a decade to rebound from this economic mess. Air Travel, and theme parks are taking a serious hit! Unreal!
Well, here's to hoping!

Tonto

I would kill for a Zelda land all day long! I don't understand why this IP is considered less important than 'How To Train A Dragon?

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

I would kill for a Zelda land all day long! I don't understand why this IP is considered less important than 'How To Train A Dragon?
I don't think Zelda is less important than HTTYD, it's just a question of what to do with the 2 because of their similar aesthetics. That also plays into Universal's desire to go after LotR. Then they would have 3 similar IPs. But instead of looking at that as a problem? Why not use it to an advantage. Something like...

Universal's Mystic Worlds

"Here be Dragons! And castles, temples, and magic in Universal's new Mystic Worlds Theme Park."

Berk (HTTYD)
Hyrule (Zelda)
The Valley of Peace (Panda)
Middle Earth (LotR/Hobbit)

Last edited:

Sorcerer Mickey

I don't think Zelda is less important than HTTYD, it's just a question of what to do with the 2 because of their similar aesthetics. That also plays into Universal's desire to go after LotR. Then they would have 3 similar IPs. But instead of looking at that as a problem? Why not use it to an advantage. Something like...

"Here be Dragons! And castles, temples, and magic in Universal's new Mystic Worlds Theme Park."

Berk (HTTYD)
Hyrule (Zelda)

That idea falls apart when they inevitably replace one of those lands with a hotter, less out-of-date IP.

Zelda is constantly updated and LoTR has a new series on Amazon. But Panda and Dragon...they're both arguably already outdated.

The Grand Inquisitor

Berk (HTTYD)
Hyrule (Zelda)
1598044578421.png

The Grand Inquisitor

That idea falls apart when they inevitably replace one of those lands with a hotter, less out-of-date IP.

Zelda is constantly updated and LoTR has a new series on Amazon. But Panda and Dragon...they're both arguably already outdated.
I mean you can say the same about certain Disney movies that are at the parks. Dreamworks is very popular among kids same with Dragons and Kung Fu Panda.

lebeau

I can only speak to the kids in my life but their parents who have grown up with Disney will share the 90s toons as well as Frozen/Moana with them but nobody has that attachment to Kung Fu Panda.

Don't make me defend Dreamworks!

You're underestimating the popularity of Kung Fu Panda. Is it different from Disney? Yes. Will it remain relevant as long as Frozen or Moana? Probably not. But a lot of people love Kung Fu Panda.

OG Runner

I can only speak to the kids in my life but their parents who have grown up with Disney will share the 90s toons as well as Frozen/Moana with them but nobody has that attachment to Kung Fu Panda.

I am sure many people with freak, but I know a number of kids that have as much of an attachment to Kung Fu Panda as they
do to Mickey Mouse.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial view of where a theme park is planned. Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow points to Sand Lake Road, northern border of this block of land.
1600112294356.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at some of land in preparation for Universal's Epic Universe. Guest parking at center, between access road and retention pond. Arrow points to Destination Pwy, which may become one of the roads guests use to access UEU.
1600112343718.png

Aerial look at much of the land for Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow in section where flat lot guest parking is planned. Arrow also shows how land is already sloped for parking drainage.
1600112392660.png

Aerial look at parking Universal has paved along Sand Lake Rd in the Epic Universe block of land. Warehouses, offices to be built near here supporting all of UOR. This also might be UEU construction parking, and then UEU Team Member parking.
1600112431482.png

Aerial look at where offices and warehouses are planned, supporting all of Universal Orlando Resort. Sand Lake Rd is at right. This the north-most section of the Epic Universe block of land. Recently paved parking seen at center, right.
1600112466296.png

Aerial look at where track was staged for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
1600112539953.png

Sorcerer Mickey

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial view of where a theme park is planned. Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow points to Sand Lake Road, northern border of this block of land.
View attachment 497790
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at some of land in preparation for Universal's Epic Universe. Guest parking at center, between access road and retention pond. Arrow points to Destination Pwy, which may become one of the roads guests use to access UEU.
View attachment 497792
Aerial look at much of the land for Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow in section where flat lot guest parking is planned. Arrow also shows how land is already sloped for parking drainage.
View attachment 497793
Aerial look at parking Universal has paved along Sand Lake Rd in the Epic Universe block of land. Warehouses, offices to be built near here supporting all of UOR. This also might be UEU construction parking, and then UEU Team Member parking.
View attachment 497794
Aerial look at where offices and warehouses are planned, supporting all of Universal Orlando Resort. Sand Lake Rd is at right. This the north-most section of the Epic Universe block of land. Recently paved parking seen at center, right.
View attachment 497795
Aerial look at where track was staged for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
View attachment 497797

Is construction still paused indefinitely? I imagine a lot could change with the themed lands if EU is delayed more than a year.

OG Runner

I really wish they wouldn't say "indefinitely". We all know, before the pandemic, the economy was moving along at a good clip.
Both of the major parks were planning some major additions. Once we get past the current situation, I am sure things will pick-up
again and so with the additions. To me indefinitely sounds like it is never going to happen, and I am sure this will be built.

trr1

I really wish they wouldn't say "indefinitely". We all know, before the pandemic, the economy was moving along at a good clip.
Both of the major parks were planning some major additions. Once we get past the current situation, I am sure things will pick-up
again and so with the additions. To me indefinitely sounds like it is never going to happen, and I am sure this will be built.
is EPCOT redo still a go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom