Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Jon81uk

And even then, the plans were completely different at that point. Simply moving the planned EU land to Kidzone may not even be possible, much less easy.

But they may have at least basic plans for fitting Nintendo into the Kidzone area as planned a while back, wouldn't be hard to dust of those plans and go back to them.

lazyboy97o

But they may have at least basic plans for fitting Nintendo into the Kidzone area as planned a while back, wouldn't be hard to dust of those plans and go back to them.
The gap between “basic plans” and usable construction documents is the entire design process.

Disneyhead'71

And even then, the plans were completely different at that point. Simply moving the planned EU land to Kidzone may not even be possible, much less easy.
Actually, the original USF plan, the USJ plan, and the EU plans are pretty much carbon copies. Hollywood is different. It doesn't have the Yoshi Omnimover attraction nor Donkey Kong. And we have no clue what USS is getting.

Keep in mind that the actual USF plans were different than the leaked KidZone plan that included Zelda and flat rides. Those plans (below) were drawn up as a "proof of concept" for the pitch to Nintendo.

Nintendomap.jpg

These were the actual plans as per permits filed with the county (below).

P487_overlay.jpg

Here is EU's plan (below). I flipped it upside down to make it easier to see the similarities. The only difference is the warp pipe entrance.

P904-Permit-labels-2.jpg

But the bottom line is they already have permitted plans for USF. All they would have to do is dust those off and go.

Credit: The permit pics thanks to Orlando Parkstop.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Only Super Nintendo World was ever developed for the north campus. Legend of Zelda, not How to Train Your Dragon, was developed for Lost Continent until focus shifted to Epic Universe. Even then, the whole point of my post is that there is nothing easy about moving a project.
Are you sure on the Universal Forums I heard Dragons was developed originally for Lost Continent. I know Zelda was drawn up as well, same with Pokemon for kidszone.

Tom Morrow

You’re like the Magenta Panther with Shrek.
I didn’t mind the films, but they are very much rooted in, and a product of the early 2000’s. They were the first animated cgi films to do the whole “we’re not taking this seriously but actually we are a little” approach that would go on to spawn infinite copycats from everyone but Pixar. The first to have that same “edgy”, sarcastic, raised eyebrow tone. When you watch them now, it shows.

Shrek 4D is the worst operating attraction in Orlando. It’s abysmal and an embarrassment.

Archie123

I didn’t mind the films, but they are very much rooted in, and a product of the early 2000’s. They were the first animated cgi films to do the whole “we’re not taking this seriously but actually we are a little” approach that would go on to spawn infinite copycats from everyone but Pixar. The first to have that same “edgy”, sarcastic, raised eyebrow tone. When you watch them now, it shows.

Shrek 4D is the worst operating attraction in Orlando. It’s abysmal and an embarrassment.

Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think Shrek is definitely dated and should be replaced for that reason but it is far from the worst attraction in Orlando. That honor belongs (belonged if it already closed) to the Fast and the Furious. That ride is just BAD!!

The Grand Inquisitor

What if SNW: Mushroom Kingdom replaces KidZone. MoM replaces FFL. SLOP replaces Shrek. HTTYD replaced Springfield/MiB.

Zelda goes into Lost Continent. Shrek goes into Toon Lagoon.

EU opens with Pokemon, Panda, Monsters, and LotR.
I agree with everything except Dragons replacing Springfield. I’d say save Zelda for EU as a phase 2 expansion. Dragons should replace Lost Continent.

JT3000

What is the purpose of requiring a child to ride? Simply a way of managing capacity?

Yes. It took them a while to make this change after realizing it's such a low-capacity ride. I don't understand why they don't switch out the ride system to be more like the Canopy Flyer in Singapore. Requiring a child to ride is such a band-aid solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom