Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was never going to happen. I told everyone this months ago. You can't do Halloween style haunts safely in a pandemic. And as usual, I was right. Doesn't matter what park opps was building or did build, the event got cancelled like I said it would

I know a good doctor who can help you with the pain in you arm, because I am sure it is really hurting from the exertion of patting yourself on the back constantly.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
What's Universal's best play now? With the US economy so badly contacted I can't see the 3rd park plan being viable for at least a decade, but they wouldn't want to sell off that land after all the money and legal battles they went through to get it. Maybe they could throw up some inexpensive apartments or office space there and only offer limited leases so that they preserve the option of resuming park development at some distant date.

They will just leave it bare for the time being. No need to do any type of construction in the meantime.

WhatJaneSays

I've heard from a number of minions today about the Epic Universe situation. While none could directly confirm, based on what I've collectively gathered, I think the project is significantly more than "delayed" or "paused" but don't expect an announcement of that. The word is no one in power at Universal wants to actually pull the plug, there seems to be lot at stake beyond the immediate crisis, however the park is effectively off the table for the foreseeable future. Maybe forever, maybe not, but a lot longer than folks over there are gonna be comfortable making public.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I was never excited about many concepts for this park. With the theme park industry in the dumps, they should just cherry pick various attractions for this park and make them a part of the existing parks. Put Nintendo next to E.T., monsters where Fast and Furious: Super Flop is wasting space, How To Train Dragons where Poseidon's Fury is.

Thelazer

I could never figure out how transportation was going to work..
The volcano bay bus ride already is annoying.
Taking yet another bus to go further off site, thru tackyville orlando...

Maybe it's a good thing. Perhaps they can just move the two "Good" lands over and find some room for them in the existing Universal areas.

Lintemuthstudios

I was never excited about many concepts for this park. With the theme park industry in the dumps, they should just cherry pick various attractions for this park and make them a part of the existing parks. Put Nintendo next to E.T., monsters where Fast and Furious: Super Flop is wasting space, How To Train Dragons where Poseidon's Fury is.

If anything, Monsters should go into Toon Lagoon. It would not fit at all in the F&F plot, both space wise and theme wise (a gothic castle surrounded by two cities wouldn't make any sense and look way out of place). But yeah, Nintendo should go into Kidzone where it belongs.

Archie123

I've heard from my source (a Volcano Bay bus driver) that the park might sort of possibly could be built under a literal bubble on the moon. They don't want to take any chances. Things are still in flux and subject to change.

Gotta love the bus drivers!!

JT3000

If anything, Monsters should go into Toon Lagoon. It would not fit at all in the F&F plot, both space wise and theme wise (a gothic castle surrounded by two cities wouldn't make any sense and look way out of place). But yeah, Nintendo should go into Kidzone where it belongs.

But if Nintendo goes into the Studios, it of course has to be altered a bit to fit the park's theme...
C0yIiz3XAAA28Ph.png

Be careful what you ask for.

The Grand Inquisitor

YES! That would be perfect. Then How to train your Dragon could replace Lost Continent and then Ministry of Magic could replace Fear Factor Live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom