Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Jun 6

Wide aerial photo of Universal's Epic Universe construction site.

1591645838893.png

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Is it too late to replace Fantastic Tweets and Where Not to Find Them with something else?

I feel like going all in on this franchise of diminishing returns is becoming an even worse idea.

To be clear, JKR has been a running joke online for years thanks to her brain farts on what is and isn't cannon, but now she's getting higher profile backlash and the FB series has not been the gangbusters franchise WB had hoped for. The 3rd movie is still slated for a Nov 2021 release (assuming no production delays), but a theme park addition of this scale is hard to walk back once it's literally set in stone.

Universal already has many great Potter attractions for the original series that people still like. I don't think people would mind if Epic Universe got something else besides Beasts. By 2023/2024 will people still care about Newt and his series?

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Beasts is not Potter. Potter's story-line is watching a boy grow up who has a big legacy and on top of that it's a world of wizards etc. Beats is clearly a knock off of Potter but no real thought out story.
It's like they tried to base an entire franchise on a reference field guide text book.

And it would have worked if they had gone all Indiana Gandalf, instead of Wimpy the Whisperer and the Retconned Potter Peeps.

Jon81uk

I would still like to see Harry Potter and the cursed child movie
Personally I don't think it will be very good. Its a great play, but its written to be staged as a play and it re-visits many of the moments of the previous books. Opening it up to make it fill a film may take away a lot of the charm.

trr1

Personally I don't think it will be very good. Its a great play, but its written to be staged as a play and it re-visits many of the moments of the previous books. Opening it up to make it fill a film may take away a lot of the charm.
ok they can just film the live play and sell it like they did the live play of the Rocky horror picture show

Jon81uk

ok they can just film the live play and sell it like they did the live play of the Rocky horror picture show

That might happen in a few years time when they don’t think tickets can sell. Although I suppose Disney are showing Hamilton so never say never.

The Grand Inquisitor

Is it too late to replace Fantastic Tweets and Where Not to Find Them with something else?

I feel like going all in on this franchise of diminishing returns is becoming an even worse idea.

To be clear, JKR has been a running joke online for years thanks to her brain farts on what is and isn't cannon, but now she's getting higher profile backlash and the FB series has not been the gangbusters franchise WB had hoped for. The 3rd movie is still slated for a Nov 2021 release (assuming no production delays), but a theme park addition of this scale is hard to walk back once it's literally set in stone.

Universal already has many great Potter attractions for the original series that people still like. I don't think people would mind if Epic Universe got something else besides Beasts. By 2023/2024 will people still care about Newt and his series?
I honestly do not see them removing Beasts or Potter. Plus permits and other plans have been approved for construction. Plus both franchises are huge for Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom