Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

DisneyDodo

Why would any movie studio sign theme park rights to any major theme park operation when it showcases its competitors in the same park or same resort?
It comes down to leverage. Disney and Universal are major players in the movie space, so no other studio would ever expect movie exclusivity in their parks. For example, if WB demanded exclusivity in exchange for theme park rights to HP, we would never see HP in Universal or Disney theme parks. Nintendo has a lot more leverage in that regard, and I don't think Uni would've turned them down had they demanded video game exclusivity.

lebeau

Why would any movie studio sign theme park rights to any major theme park operation when it showcases its competitors in the same park or same resort?

$$$$

This literally happens all the time. Universal didn't make the Harry Potter movies you know. Disney didn't make Avatar (although they bought it retroactively, that was not planned). There are too many examples to even bother with a list.

TwilightZone

One game I can think of that can go along with nintendo is sonic. Think about it, they have had many crossovers, it wouldn't be surprising.
But since sony has movie rights, probably not.

SirLink

$$$$

This literally happens all the time. Universal didn't make the Harry Potter movies you know. Disney didn't make Avatar (although they bought it retroactively, that was not planned). There are too many examples to even bother with a list.

That was the entire point and you missed it completely...

It comes down to leverage. Disney and Universal are major players in the movie space, so no other studio would ever expect movie exclusivity in their parks. For example, if WB demanded exclusivity in exchange for theme park rights to HP, we would never see HP in Universal or Disney theme parks. Nintendo has a lot more leverage in that regard, and I don't think Uni would've turned them down had they demanded video game exclusivity.

Nintendo never expected exclusivity on the only gaming IP in Universal parks btw. Plus Nintendo doesn't have a lot of leverage, investors wanted Nintendo to diversify into themed entertainment it was either Universal or Disney, Universal was willing to work with Nintendo on adaption into themed entertainment.

Rich Brownn

Why isn't it IOA?

Also, do you think they'd be putting up HHN houses in the new Nintendo land?
They tired it in IOA but found it to difficult to "untheme" the lands. At the Studios its generic enough to make NYC into any metro area, etc. With IOA Marvel is Marvel, Toon Lagoon is still a Toon City etc. They tried to fit the houses into the themes (i.e., Marvel house with villains, the clown area in Toon Lagoon) but in the end, they decided it just was too difficult.

sedati

I've been waiting for someone to bring the lush world of Pong to life.

Though for ODV, there's only one choice:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom