Universal's Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex)

Tom Morrow

Advertisement
I’m playing through Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and it’s so much more fun and inspired than the recent Mario offerings, to the point where I really wish we were getting DK first.

A 9 year old could’ve designed Epic Universe better than Universal did.
I know, right? It’s just a big pile of dirt. Pffft. I could have done that.

trr1

bioreconstruct

@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at what remains in a staging area for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster. Located a few miles from Islands of Adventure, in site of Universal's Epic Universe.
1594324004835.png

The_Jobu

I wonder if they're going to be as tight lipped about the rides as they have been with the "undisclosed" coaster at IoA?

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

At center, a tree farm in the site of Universal's Epic Universe.
1594409547237.png

Aerial view of (at left) where day guest parking is planned for Universal's Epic Universe. Guests to arrive from Destination Pwy (at right).
1594409479479.png

Aerial view looking across Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow at planned surface parking lot. Day guests arriving from Destination Pwy, on road seen from left center.
1594409516667.png

Aerial photo of a pile of dirt staged at Southeast end of Universal's Epic Universe. Destination Pwy at right.
1594409590847.png

At center, a single palm tree planted in Universal's Epic Universe site. That area was busy when the Covid-19 closures started in March; see earlier Tweet in this thread. Top left, a concrete factory added to the site.
1594409709288.png

Many months ago a single palm tree was planted in Universal's Epic Universe site. Near utility pole seen here. It seemed to arrive when they stopped adding a thick layer of dirt. As if there was a topping off ceremony at center of UEU. Palm tree now gone!
1594409890539.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial view where warehouses and offices are to be built at Universal's Epic Universe. Parking for the facilities at center. These facilities will support all of Universal Orlando Resort. Arrow at Aventura Hotel in the earlier part of UOR.
1594409998320.png

Two aerial views of an on-site concrete factory at Universal's Epic Universe. Seems like a retention pond or a canal is being excavated
1594410036796.png
1594410046104.png

Aerial view of North most section of Universal's Epic Universe. This area will have warehouses and offices, supporting all areas of Universal Orlando Resort. Sand Lake Rd at right.
1594410084442.png

Aerial view of parking recently added at Universal's Epic Universe land. The light poles can be seen from Turkey Lake Rd. This is parking for long-planned warehouses and offices supporting all areas of Universal Orlando Resort.
1594410136171.png

Aerial view of parking at North most end of Universal's Epic Universe. This parking will be for long-planned warehouses and offices supporting all of Universal Orlando Resort.
1594410168898.png

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Universal hasn't announced anything other than they are building a park. Rides and lands are all speculation anyway.

Some of the attractions are still a black box, but the majority of rides and lands are already out there thanks to insiders and site plans...

Jon81uk

Some of the attractions are still a black box, but the majority of rides and lands are already out there thanks to insiders and site plans...

Yes but my point was that it is all speculation really based on interpretations of site plans and insider knowledge. None of it is officially announced so if there are budget cuts, the public won't know anything as nothing was formally announced.

Unlike Disney who put out blog posts about Main St Theatre and new Epcot attractions which then just disappeared.

As @Sorcerer Mickey said, it is smart of Universal not to announce specifics as then you don't have to roll-back when budgets are cut.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Yes but my point was that it is all speculation really based on interpretations of site plans and insider knowledge. None of it is officially announced so if there are budget cuts, the public won't know anything as nothing was formally announced.

Unlike Disney who put out blog posts about Main St Theatre and new Epcot attractions which then just disappeared.

As @Sorcerer Mickey said, it is smart of Universal not to announce specifics as then you don't have to roll-back when budgets are cut.

I suppose that they can alter or cut whatever was going to go into a big box, but, if they cut the big box itself, their permits would have to be updated.

And there's plenty of time to do so, but, until they do, whatever they build will have to match the permit blueprints.

lazyboy97o

I suppose that they can alter or cut whatever was going to go into a big box, but, if they cut the big box itself, their permits would have to be updated.

And there's plenty of time to do so, but, until they do, whatever they build will have to match the permit blueprints.
Revising permit drawings isn’t exactly a challenging process, most definitely will happen and would have happened regardless of the delays.

Jon81uk

Yep, but a majority of people don't know the permits even exist, they only see the official announcements. Therefore again, it is smart of Universal not to announce specifics as then people don't have expectations and can't be disappointed when things don't happen.

Currently at Islands of Adventure we can see rollercoaster track being installed, but no-one knows what for. So if they decided to change it to Harry Potter and the flying banshee (or whatever) instead of being Jurassic Park themed as we all expect then it doesn't matter. I know its a stupid example but my point is more just the difference that Universal don't announce what a ride actually is, even when there is visible construction, let alone permits.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Yep, but a majority of people don't know the permits even exist, they only see the official announcements. Therefore again, it is smart of Universal not to announce specifics as then people don't have expectations and can't be disappointed when things don't happen.

Currently at Islands of Adventure we can see rollercoaster track being installed, but no-one knows what for. So if they decided to change it to Harry Potter and the flying banshee (or whatever) instead of being Jurassic Park themed as we all expect then it doesn't matter. I know its a stupid example but my point is more just the difference that Universal don't announce what a ride actually is, even when there is visible construction, let alone permits.

Hope it's a Minions Coaster! <crosses fingers>

;)

JT3000

As far as speculated attractions go, I could see the Creature from the Black Lagoon ride get the axe, as that was supposedly already pushed back to a later date even before the virus hit.

Top Bottom