Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
is EPCOT redo still a go?

JoeCamel

is EPCOT redo still a go?
You mean the conversion to a giant outdoor space that can be socially distanced with ease? Yep, well on its way. Electric Umbrella next.
Back to EU. Reports that the signals and striping is at Destination parkway from the entrance to the site came up in the last few days.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I really wish they wouldn't say "indefinitely". We all know, before the pandemic, the economy was moving along at a good clip.
Both of the major parks were planning some major additions. Once we get past the current situation, I am sure things will pick-up
again and so with the additions. To me indefinitely sounds like it is never going to happen, and I am sure this will be built.

But indefinitely doesn't mean "never", it means "we don't know when and don't want to commit to a date at this time."

OG Runner

But indefinitely doesn't mean "never", it means "we don't know when and don't want to commit to a date at this time."

I understand that, it just sounds like "never". You hear of a sports player being suspended indefinitely, you don't
expect to see him playing ever again. Just to note, this is just a personal peeve. It would at least give us a little
hope if they said something like, construction is expected to restart within the next year. Sure, that is vague also,
but it still sounds a little more hopeful than indefinitely. (To me.)

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

8569BEA5-C701-4A1E-B2A5-9C64C241E504.jpeg

A4682474-D027-40F8-8FB9-BB177F785B48.jpeg

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

·Oct 30

Aerial view of what is likely to be partly for construction parking of Universal's Epic Universe. This area, adjacent Sand Lake Rd, is long-approved for office buildings, warehouses, that will support all of the Universal Orlando Resort.
1604351873065.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Oct 30

Aerial view of some of the interesting site prep at Universal's Epic Universe.
1604351918687.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Oct 30

Aerial view of Universal's Epic Universe site. Way back late 1990's Universal bought 2,000 acres that included most of the property from top left to Lockheed complex at right. Sold it all off. Then few years ago bought this UEU acreage back.
1604351964732.png

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe site. Some of the Universal Orlando Resort skyline can be seen top left.
1604351990931.png

Sorcerer Mickey

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

·Oct 30

Aerial view of what is likely to be partly for construction parking of Universal's Epic Universe. This area, adjacent Sand Lake Rd, is long-approved for office buildings, warehouses, that will support all of the Universal Orlando Resort.
View attachment 510099
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Oct 30

Aerial view of some of the interesting site prep at Universal's Epic Universe.
View attachment 510100
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Oct 30

Aerial view of Universal's Epic Universe site. Way back late 1990's Universal bought 2,000 acres that included most of the property from top left to Lockheed complex at right. Sold it all off. Then few years ago bought this UEU acreage back.
View attachment 510102
Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe site. Some of the Universal Orlando Resort skyline can be seen top left.
View attachment 510103

I don't see any movement. No word on what's going on with the park?

DonniePeverley

Epic Universe is done for - it won't be being built anytime soon, if ever.

When the economy was booming, interest rates low, that was the time for Universal to invest and build - because just around the corner you never know. I said it back then, the endless waste of time and slow movement of this project was something Comcast had never done since they started to succesfully invest in the parks, so i was quite surprise with the slow mundane movement. Compare this to the pace the China/Universal partnership over in Beijing - from announcement to build, it's been very quick.

And so here we are, where basically the parks are losing money, and the economy struggling, with a horrific pandemic going on - under these circumstances there is no way there will be any major investment in the parks in the coming years.

Missed opportunity.

JoeCamel

Epic Universe is done for - it won't be being built anytime soon, if ever.

When the economy was booming, interest rates low, that was the time for Universal to invest and build - because just around the corner you never know. I said it back then, the endless waste of time and slow movement of this project was something Comcast had never done since they started to succesfully invest in the parks, so i was quite surprise with the slow mundane movement. Compare this to the pace the China/Universal partnership over in Beijing - from announcement to build, it's been very quick.

And so here we are, where basically the parks are losing money, and the economy struggling, with a horrific pandemic going on - under these circumstances there is no way there will be any major investment in the parks in the coming years.

Missed opportunity.
Me thinks thou doth proteseth too much new member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom