Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

lazyboy97o

If (more than likely when) they expand Nintendo Land to include additional properties (Zelda, Pokemon), that no longer would be the case though.

I also think that it would be reasonably feasible to create a Dreamworks land using Madagascar, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and HTTYD as mini-lands. Looking at the concept, it makes little sense to have the least expansive franchise (HTTYD) be the most expansive land. With proper transitions, you could easily transition from the jungle environments of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda to the forest and medieval/Norse environments of Shrek and HTTYD.
The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon already have concepts for lands in the existing parks. Even then, a change to the concept would be just that, a change.

If you’re doing transitions between distinct areas then there is no point in forcing them to be lumped together.

Slov72

The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon already have concepts for lands in the existing parks. Even then, a change to the concept would be just that, a change.

If you’re doing transitions between distinct areas then there is no point in forcing them to be lumped together.

Its interesting that if you look at the art closely, most of these lands have literal walls surrounding them so that the bleed in from outside that land is limited. This does seem to be the next step in theme park builds and we have been leading here since Universal came out with Hogsmeade. The ability to start fresh with a new park is allowing them to take this to the extreme without having to tear an existing (older style) park apart.

LukeS7

Was there any actual confirmation of this (The concepts for the existing parks)? The concepts I think you're referring to also had concepts for Mario and DK in them, but those are apparently now being expected in Epic Universe. And yes, if they were to add them before the park opens, it would simply be a change to the concept art.

I agree that having transitions anyways takes away part of the purpose of lumping things together, but keeping them together would also provide a clear area that's more family/kid oriented. There could be transition areas, but they would flow into each other so they wouldn't necessarily feel separate from the lands they connect

Slov72

Was there any actual confirmation of this (The concepts for the existing parks)? The concepts I think you're referring to also had concepts for Mario and DK in them, but those are apparently now being expected in Epic Universe. And yes, if they were to add them before the park opens, it would simply be a change to the concept art.

I agree that having transitions anyways takes away part of the purpose of lumping things together, but keeping them together would also provide a clear area that's more family/kid oriented. There could be transition areas, but they would flow into each other so they wouldn't necessarily feel separate from the lands they connect

I personally don't know of anything confirmed but the rumors have been around for a while now that Zelda may eventually replace the rest of lost continent and that Pokémon may go in the kidzone area.

LukeS7

I personally don't know of anything confirmed but the rumors have been around for a while now that Zelda may eventually replace the rest of lost continent and that Pokémon may go in the kidzone area.
Thanks for the info, I haven't really kept up with the Universal rumors since they acquired the Nintendo license.

I cant imagine Zelda going into Lost continent its so small now. Harry Potter taking it over makes the most sense in my opinion. Pokemon in kids zone makes sense.

Rich T

Here is the problem. I watched all of it and they have shut everything down. There is no new show outside of a children's show in the same vein as Teen Titans Go. Which is awful.
I’m okay with that simply because the Viking/dragon world they created is/was very solid, and a perfect theme park environment. If you know the IP, it works, and if you DON’T know the IP it works.

Heck, Cars Land works and most guests don’t care that much about the films. And a world of Vikings and Dragons sounds a lot more exciting than a town of talking cars.

seascape

Is that 15.00 an hour immediate or when the park opens?

Good wage increase. Market forces at work.
It is when the Park opens. Disney will already be over that by then. I think the announcement was crazy because based on supply and demand of labor by 2023 the starting wage should be $18.00 an hour for both Disney and Universal. Minimum wage laws have no relevancy in the Orlando labor market. They need to attract more people from outside the market to fill all their jobs. Lets keep the economy growing so both resorts continue to grow.

OG Runner

Having a hotel with an entrance directly into the park would be a way to one-up Disney. WDW has some that are close, but nothing with a private park entrance.

Not trying to be a party pooper, but the new Star Wars hotel will have a direct entrance into DHS, through Galaxy's Edge, part of the immersion of the hotel, and it will be done long before this.

trr1

there were 3 concept park layout I think, I believe it was earlier in this thread and one was the concept that is shown in the art work with a central shopping and mini parks shooting off it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom