Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

999th Happy Haunt

I define continuous attractions as any attraction that does not have showtimes. So Meet & Greets, Stage Shows, Nighttime Fireworks, etc. Muppet*Vision counts as one since shows are run consistently.
I definitely wouldn’t count a meet and greet as an attraction, even if it’s behind a line like the Fantasyland princesses or Mickey on Main Street.

Controversial opinion (maybe?) but Universal handles characters better than Disney. It’s really awesome running into to roaming characters like Doc Brown and Beetlejuice and having an organic interaction with them vs. waiting in a line for a picture and then being pushed out. Even the characters you do have to wait in a line to meet in Universal are super unique like the Raptors and Donkey.

Andrew25

Controversial opinion (maybe?) but Universal handles characters better than Disney. It’s really awesome running into to roaming characters like Doc Brown and Beetlejuice and having an organic interaction with them vs. waiting in a line for a picture and then being pushed out. Even the characters you do have to wait in a line to meet in Universal are super unique like the Raptors and Donkey.

Universal is truly the most innovative when it comes to M&G. It's amazing how Universal can create amazing puppets/characters that people can actually meet, and Disney spends a boatload of money on meet and greets that never pan out (Lucky, Muppet Mobile) and end up using the standard foam head.

The one advantage Universal has is that it's a requirement for a lot of families to take a photo with the characters at Disney, whereas at Universal it isn't a priority.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal is truly the most innovative when it comes to M&G. It's amazing how Universal can create amazing puppets/characters that people can actually meet, and Disney spends a boatload of money on meet and greets that never pan out (Lucky, Muppet Mobile) and end up using the standard foam head.

The one advantage Universal has is that it's a requirement for a lot of families to take a photo with the characters at Disney, whereas at Universal it isn't a priority.

I also like the Universal still does roaming characters.

Poseidon Quest

Are Mario/Luigi roaming out in Hollywood?

I wonder if Toothless will be a meet and greet like the Raptor Encounter.

I believe they have a designated meeting area, but otherwise Universal has more roaming characters than not. I also see a lot of spontaneous entertainment as well. Last year, next to all of the construction where they're building Villain-Con, there was entertainment out in the street pretending to be a construction crew and doing some comedic improv.

WDWFREAK53

No. They have a designated area, as does Princess Peach.

Mario is basically the Universal park's "Mickey" at the moment since Harry Potter doesn't have a meet and greet.
So, like the Transformers, the big hitters have a dedicated spot and the less-popular characters are roaming. This is a really good method.

The Universal Monsters section should be fun if there are roaming classic characters.

Andrew25

Mario is basically the Universal park's "Mickey" at the moment since Harry Potter doesn't have a meet and greet.
So, like the Transformers, the big hitters have a dedicated spot and the less-popular characters are roaming. This is a really good method.

The Universal Monsters section should be fun if there are roaming classic characters.

I'm sure the pandemic/inflation will impact the budget for some projects, but EU is planned to be very kinetic. Each land will have special effects, interactive elements that will truly make the place look fun and not stale unlike SWGE.

SplashJacket

Are Mario/Luigi roaming out in Hollywood?

I wonder if Toothless will be a meet and greet like the Raptor Encounter.
When Mario and Luigi were walking to their meet-and-greet location, since the land was packed, they had a couple of team members clearing a path.

As for me, I was in my own little Nintendo la la land when I was suddenly yelled at to move, and I couldn't see them yet through the crowd of people, so I was quite confused.

Once I saw that pair of adorable plumbers though, it made it all better. Hard to see them and not get a smile on your face. The costumes are adorable.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at the front of Super Nintendo World. In lower left is a restaurant in the Epic Universe central corridor. Concept art shows it mostly surrounded by a pond. Concrete is curing for ceiling of the access tunnel.
1680295611329.png

Aerial overview of Universal Epic Universe, with sun peeking through clouds above the site.
1680295651462.png

Aerial look at the front of Super Nintendo World. In lower left is a restaurant in the Epic Universe central corridor. Concept art shows it mostly surrounded by a pond. Concrete is curing for ceiling of the access tunnel.
1680295693323.png

Aerial look at a water-centered attraction in Epic Universe. At left is the retaining wall of a pond that will partially encircle the attraction. The outer circle of footers will support a domed roof. Super Nintendo World entrance at top right.
1680295739481.png

Aerial look at a water-centered attraction in Epic Universe. Seems like a lot of mechanical equipment has arrived, wrapped in plastic. The outer circle of supports will support a dome over the attraction
1680295762444.png

Aerial overview of a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe.
1680295793027.png

Aerial overview of a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe.
1680295832376.png

Aerial look at two enormous Universal warehouses. Along Sand Lake Rd, and North of the Epic Universe project.
1680295860428.png

Aerial look at what will be Team Member parking at Epic Universe.
1680295891880.png

Aerial look at facade construction in the Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe.
1680295922146.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

View attachment 707781
Aerial overview of Universal Epic Universe, with sun peeking through clouds above the site.
View attachment 707782
Bus parking sighted!!!

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

At center is a concrete structure in a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe. All other structures in this land are steel frame. (Aerial photo at Epic Universe.)
1680295972616.png

Aerial overview of Dark Universe in Epic Universe. The barn at center is a launch that can send trains backwards and then forwards to return to the station. Believed to be a spinning car coaster.
1680296005454.png

Sun and clouds add dramatic lighting to this aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe.
1680296047992.png

Aerial look at recently added steel frame in a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe. Arrow at frame for a domed roof at corner.
1680296085359.png

Aerial look at a likely restaurant in Dark Universe at Epic Universe.
1680296109972.png

Aerial look at a portion of the How To Train Your Dragon roller coaster in Epic Universe. Much of it covered in translucent plastic to protect it from work in the area.
1680296142590.png

Aerial look at a roller coaster paired with what seems to be a restaurant. In Dark Universe (previously nicknamed Classic Monsters land) at Epic Universe.
1680296167931.png

Aerial look at the station and service bay for the roller coaster in Dark Universe. Arrows at spurs for accessing the service bay. In Epic Universe.
1680296192504.png

Aerial photos of work in the front bay of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe.
1680296222674.png
1680296231879.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe.
1680296376763.png

Aerial photos of a restaurant in Epic Universe. Near the park entrance. Concept artwork shows the structure mostly surrounded by a pond.
1680296412825.png
1680296421595.png

Aerial look at the front of Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
1680296449671.png

Aerial look at the entrance of Mario Kart in Epic Universe.
1680296479705.png

Aerial look at the upcoming entrance of Universal Epic Universe. A unique gateway colonnade to be between the pair of curved walls
1680296515515.png

At center in this aerial is a device used to assure clearance of a roller coaster train. The outer frame represents the maximum reach of guests aboard. Frames like these are typically attached to a car during a slow moving test. In How To Train Your Dragon land, in Epic Universe
1680296576721.png

Arrow in this aerial at some of the exterior work at Donkey Kong in Epic Universe.
1680296606433.png

Structure is almost complete for a new Universal Orlando Resort. Located South of Epic Universe. Work in progress on the top floor and roof, at left.
1680296653366.png

Steel frame is up for a lobby area of a new Universal Orlando Resort. Located South of Epic Universe.
1680296693646.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom