Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

lazyboy97o

I'm all for nighttime entertainment, but has anyone actually thought this through? They're going to launch fireworks... next to a missile plant.

GIF by Got Talent Global
Missile production stopped more than 25 years ago.

maxairmike

So what do they do there? Because it's part of their missile division and they still have job listings involving the fabrication of missiles.

As @lazyboy97o said, I know they work on targeting systems in the Orlando location(s), and it looks like they're also doing manufacturing for training sims and similar tech systems, so probably making enclosures, headsets, etc. these days.

My95cobras

Steady on now ... let's just hope they even just start it.

Yes but they dithered and delayed starting construction, and then covid did come. So now what ... when are they going to commence construction?

We've had no updates nothing. Like i said, i'm not confident they are going to go ahead with this, not in the near future. We'd still be looking at ariel photos of green fields next year. Let's see .

We have a car park !!!!!! BREAKING NEWS - we have a car park !

Just seen a video of the area. Doesn't seem like a major construction projection going on.

So what's going on ? What's the new timeline ? We have posters on here who have been adamant since the start of the year that construction was going on (scroll back and check) ... but as we approach the end of 2021 what have they done ?

After so many years we have a chilled water plant. Rejoice !!!!!

There is still no major construction going on here. Another year wasted doing nothing.

See you back late 2022, when we will continue looking over plans, and maybe we will have another water plant.

The reality is Universal are still not committed to this project in my opinion - doing just a little bit to keeps things ticking over, but not fully committing to get this built.

Maybe i'm confused here ... but where's the construction?

2 years on and we are still digging in the ground? When do we plan to see some actual vertical construction of the resort (not water tanks, or electricity buildings etc).

Furthermore what is the time frame for this park now?

Looks forwards to the next arial shot of the park where we might have some trees.

Are you done being wrong yet?

Last edited:

maxairmike

Are you done being wrong yet?

No, you see, when we start seeing images of executives and Creative riding it will be "Oh, but they haven't actually opened yet, it probably won't ever open." Once TM previews happen it will be "Hope you're a TM, because I don't ever see this park actually opening. Does anything actually work?" And then the real fun will be about a year after opening, "Well, this place will be abandoned by next year." I forget Donnie's original name (the posting style originally was very obviously a repeat troll), but maybe by a year in they'll have a new name wondering about its ever-present demise.

My95cobras

No, you see, when we start seeing images of executives and Creative riding it will be "Oh, but they haven't actually opened yet, it probably won't ever open." Once TM previews happen it will be "Hope you're a TM, because I don't ever see this park actually opening. Does anything actually work?" And then the real fun will be about a year after opening, "Well, this place will be abandoned by next year." I forget Donnie's original name (the posting style originally was very obviously a repeat troll), but maybe by a year in they'll have a new name wondering about its ever-present demise.
He’s definitely a dummy, writing things like ‘just seen a video’ and ‘the reality is universal are still not committed‘.

JT3000

I forget Donnie's original name (the posting style originally was very obviously a repeat troll), but maybe by a year in they'll have a new name wondering about its ever-present demise.
Oh he'll create another account once the time comes to freshen up the narrative. They always do. I'm only surprised this one has lasted as long as it has. Maybe "Donnie" just ran out of satisfactory male models to steal the identity of.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
3h

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe construction site.
1659735390054.png

Aerial overview of construction site of Universal's Epic Universe.

1659735433730.png
Aerial look at the Kirkman Rd extension, where it intersects with Universal Blvd at right. Arrow where there seems to be work starting on foundations for one of the Universal resorts in the Epic Universe site. At left, bridge construction over a canal.
1659735488331.png
At center of this aerial is site of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. Foundations seem to be underway at right arrow. Left arrow is believed to be at a park restaurant site in front of the hotel. Peninsula in the lake is believed to be fireworks launch.
1659735567922.png
Aerial look at site of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. Left arrow might be foundations starting for the tower. Right arrow at first wall placed at what is believed to be a park restaurant in front of the hotel. Large circular excavation is fountain basin.
1659735614650.png
Aerial look at current paving of the day guest parking lot for Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow at Destination Pwy, where construction of a new intersection is street signed: "Public Rd".
1659735661737.png
Aerial look at road construction in site of Universal's Epic Universe. Mostly for day guest parking at top center. Arrow at about the park entrance.
1659735725800.png
Aerial look at the fountain basin in front of the in-park hotel of Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow directed toward the hotel site. Workers are seen at center, near concrete forms.
1659735774694.png
Aerial photo of central area of Universal's Epic Universe. Around the circular fountain basin at center are: 1 Classic Monsters land 2 In-park hotel site 3 Harry Potter area 4 High speed dueling roller coaster turns 5 Attraction adjacent a pond.
1659735822352.png
Aerial look at an attraction near center of Epic Universe. Seem to be preparations for a large concrete pour. Note the ring of forms, at left arrow. Top arrow where there's a "deep end" like a swimming pool. Shown in concept art as a roof span near a pond.
1659735862655.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
2h

Aerial look at central area of Epic Universe 1 High speed roller coaster turns 2 Fresh concrete pour near Super Nintendo World 3 Concrete pour prep, believed for a restaurant 4 Attraction construction 5 Fountain basin, this end faces in-park hotel
1659735938756.png

Aerial look at center of Epic Universe 1 First wall of restaurant front of in-park hotel 2 Fountain basin 3 Front of Harry Potter land 4 High-speed roller coaster turns 5 Fresh concrete pour near Super Nintendo World 6 Attraction site, with pond 7 Concrete prep, a restaurant
1659735983613.png

Aerial photo that conveys how quickly projects are being added at Epic Universe. Getting very easy to imagine walking through the center of the park. Top left, Super Nintendo World Top right, Classic Monsters Attraction at the left large excavation, and fountain basin at right.
1659736039104.png

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Universal's Epic Universe. To feature a roller coaster flying over terrain. 1 and 2 are at about the park entrance, and center.
1659736111805.png

Aerial look at an active concrete pour in How to Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe. Nearby are footers between concrete walls. Arrows at some of the other foundations and footers already prepared.
1659736151816.png

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Universal's Epic Universe. A roller coaster will dart over varying terrain.
1659736190789.png

Aerial look at an active concrete pour in How To Train Your Dragon land.
1659736242450.png

An interesting aerial to zoom in an details of work in progress. Such as workers at the active concrete pour. Rebar can be seen in multiple locations for roller coaster footers. At How To Train Your Dragon land in Universal's Epic Universe.
1659736305869.png

Aerial look at a series of roller coaster footers in How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe. Active concrete pour at right.
1659736347372.png

Aerial look at a ring of concrete forms around a circle of column foundations. At left, rebar that seems to be staged for columns to be cast taller. In How to Train Your Dragon land in Universal's Epic Universe.
1659736407154.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
1h

A nearly straight-down aerial look at How To Train Your Dragon land in Universal's Epic Universe. A roller coaster will dart over varying terrain.
1659736472222.png

Aerial look at foundations of some buildings in How To Train Your Dragon land. Arrow at concrete forms for walls.
1659736517325.png

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land. Arrow at foundations for some buildings. Land entrance is top left.
1659736564997.png

Aerial look at construction of a high speed dueling roller coaster in Universal's Epic Universe.
1659736611339.png
1659736624487.png

Aerial look at turns of a dueling high speed roller coaster in Epic Universe.
1659736674086.png

Aerial look at track staged for Yoshi's Adventure in Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe. Seems to be arranged in order of placement at the attraction.
1659736715753.png

Aerial look at construction of Yoshi's Adventure. Arrow toward green track supports. In Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe.
1659736746254.png

Aerial look at construction of Yoshi's Adventure. In Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe.
1659736791446.png

Center arrow of this aerial at track supports for Yoshi's Adventure in Super Nintendo World. Right arrow at fresh concrete pour that's part of a footprint seen for a building that's in central area of Epic Universe.
1659736916146.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom