Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Poseidon Quest

Thanks! Sounds like a net positive to me.

Maybe, but I hope that the coaster is just themed well. I wouldn't be a fan if it ended up being something like Flight of the Hippogriff.

I would still like to see a stage show in the future though. I'm curious what they could do with the IP and Universal desperately needs more indoor, sit-down shows in the parks.

WDWFREAK53

Maybe, but I hope that the coaster is just themed well. I wouldn't be a fan if it ended up being something like Flight of the Hippogriff.

I would still like to see a stage show in the future though. I'm curious what they could do with the IP and Universal desperately needs more indoor, sit-down shows in the parks.
While I will most always take a ride over a show, I do think a well done horror show could be amazing. A CftBL ride like the Shanghai pirates mixed with old-school Jaws could be really well done.

Poseidon Quest

While I will most always take a ride over a show, I do think a well done horror show could be amazing. A CftBL ride like the Shanghai pirates mixed with old-school Jaws could be really well done.

I agree. I also think that Universal needs more accessible attractions for its guests who can't handle physical intensity and so that would be a great addition.

Animaniac93-98

I figure the Monsters show was going to be something like the old Beetlejuice one (that they still have in Japan).

It would be nice to have both the show and boat ride as additions in the future.

Poseidon Quest

I figure the Monsters show was going to be something like the old Beetlejuice one (that they still have in Japan).

It would be nice to have both the show and boat ride as additions in the future.

Do you think they'll go campy? I hope that they'll try to remain a bit more mature, though not necessarily going so far as to include the intensity or gore of HHN.

Animaniac93-98

Do you think they'll go campy? I hope that they'll try to remain a bit more mature, though not necessarily going so far as to include the intensity or gore of HHN.

I honestly don't know what kind of tone they will go with for Monsters Land overall.

You could do one extreme or the other. Full Munsters/Mad Monster Party camp, or HHN hard PG-13.

The coaster looks more like a family attraction to me, but maybe the headliner dark ride will be somewhat scary? IDK. Ideally they'd want something to appeal to all park goers since this area will be open day and night. Maybe they can make the land scarier after dark?

If they did a show I wouldn't mind something more fun than scary. Shows that rely more on music, dance and jokes just work better IMO.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Jul 23

Aerial Jul 22 with details in perhaps the deepest Epic Universe excavation. Near park center. 1 Walls placed rather than cast in place 2 Concrete prep in a new level 3 Deeper squares 4 Fabric layer 5 Rectangles in even arrangement on perimeter.
1658781598944.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Jul 24

Arrows in this Epic Universe aerial (Jul 22) at many interesting excavations and concrete work projects in front part of Classic Monsters land. 1,2 Restaurants facing the hub area of the park 3 Seem to be footers of a roller coaster.
1658781663655.png

UpAllNight

Total ride count looking around the 15 mark?

Also, one thing I've never really heard anything about - will the park have some kind of City Walk or will the bars / food all be in the park? What if you're staying on site and want to eat 12am? I'm sure they've thought of this - just curious.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
12, unless I missed something.

Nintendo and HtTYD: 3 each.​
Monsters and Potter: 2 each.​
Hub: 2​

For a total of 12.

Tho, it's rumored that Potter and Monsters may open only with one with the second on the way. And there are plenty of expansion pads.

So, EU will have the number of rides as EPCOT. So, imagine EPCOT, but without a World Showcase.

UpAllNight

12, unless I missed something.

Nintendo and HtTYD: 3 each.​
Monsters and Potter: 2 each.​
Hub: 2​

For a total of 12.

Tho, it's rumored that Potter and Monsters may open only with one with the second on the way. And there are plenty of expansion pads.

So, EU will have the number of rides as EPCOT. So, imagine EPCOT, but without a World Showcase.

Ah right, I was working on the assumption that HiTYD would have several additional smaller flat rides.

Kind of amazes me that both Universal and Disney don't add more of these, for their relative costs. Not as a main event, just cheap additional capacity. They absolutely could and should have added 2 additional flats to Toy Story Land - they had a ready made carousel they could have copied from california.

Is the duel hub coaster due to be identical (but reversed), or 2 completely unique rides, similar to DD?

Animaniac93-98

Also, one thing I've never really heard anything about - will the park have some kind of City Walk or will the bars / food all be in the park? What if you're staying on site and want to eat 12am? I'm sure they've thought of this - just curious.

There will likely be options inside the two hotels (one in the park and one next door), or bus transportation to City Walk.

There's space to build a second CityWalk type complex next to Epic Universe, but that does not appear to be a thing that gets built by 2025.

Andrew25

Monsters is also getting a 2nd coaster (with a 3rd reserved for expansion) replacing a theater show concept.
There will likely be options inside the two hotels (one in the park and one next door), or bus transportation to City Walk.

There's space to build a second CityWalk type complex next to Epic Universe, but that does not appear to be a thing that gets built by 2025.

My recent visits to CityWalk wonders if Universal might consider building CityWalk 2.0 sooner than expected. Restaurants are booked nightly and it has become very crowded. You used to be able to walk up and grab a seat with minimal waits, now you need to grab a reservation at least a day or two before.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Monsters is also getting a 2nd coaster (with a 3rd reserved for expansion) replacing a theater show concept.

My recent visits to CityWalk wonders if Universal might consider building CityWalk 2.0 sooner than expected. Restaurants are booked nightly and it has become very crowded. You used to be able to walk up and grab a seat with minimal waits, now you need to grab a reservation at least a day or two before.
That may be more of a function that restaurant capacity is down everywhere due to labor shortages.

Animaniac93-98

It would certainly make the south complex feel less isolated.

The question is whether or not the park and two hotels can pull in enough foot traffic to justify the space.

When more hotels are added close by (either by Universal or others) I think so.

trr1

Tommy Hawkins
@tommyhawkins

Taking a closer look at the Atrium part with examples of the real one
1659125132110.png
1659125144618.png
1659125158560.png

I just wanted to give a new update of progress on Wizarding World stuff at Epic Universe. If you look closely you can see the round walls are formed for the MoM atrium (orange) theatre area has footers (red) and lots of progress with the Show building (yellow)
1659125197854.png

just highlighting potential footprint for the Monsters spinning coaster, it could well push even further than I've done
1659125280533.png

JT3000

https://twitter.com/AliciaStella
Alicia Stella
@AliciaStella
6h

Recent permit related to Epic Universe describes the pond behind the theme park area as "Fireworks Pond." We've long suggested that the little strip of land within the center of this pond is intended to be used as a fireworks launch site.
View attachment 657126
View attachment 657127
I'm all for nighttime entertainment, but has anyone actually thought this through? They're going to launch fireworks... next to a missile plant.

GIF by Got Talent Global

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom