Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Jun 24

Aerial look at steel frame so far in Classic Monsters land in Universal's Epic Universe. Arrow at frame for an architectural feature.

1656366173989.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Jun 24

In this aerial photo of Universal's Epic Universe 1: In-park hotel and circular fountain basin 2: Ministry of Magic 3: High-speed roller coaster 4: How to Train Your Dragon 5: parking 6: UEU entrance 7: Super Nintendo World 8: Classic Monsters
1656366226481.png

Aerial comparison of construction in Universal's Epic Universe today Jun 24, and Jan 9.
1656366298723.png
1656366317518.png

At center of this aerial is site of the in-park hotel of Universal's Epic Universe. Top left, Classic Monsters land. Bottom right, Ministry of Magic. Peninsula in the lake is likely launch for fireworks. Hotel and fountain part of the show.
1656366392863.png

Aerial look at the center of Universal's Epic Universe. 1: How to Train Your Dragon land 2: High speed dueling roller coaster 3: Fountain basin in front of in-park hotel 4: Possibly a carousel adjacent a pond 5: Yoshi's Adventure in Super Nintendo World
1656366445615.png

Aerial overview of the Harry Potter land in Universal's Epic Universe. Steel frame rising for the show building of the Ministry of Magic. In top right is construction of the primary support building for UEU Team Members.
1656366505321.png

BrianLo

There will be lots of excitement to watch over the next 6 months in particular, but I fully agree, this is absolutely not a 2024 project. This isn't 'merely' a new park, it's logistically a new resort.

Summer 2025 is still a nicely aggressive timeframe based on that, talking about 2024 sort of takes away from how impressive the timeline is theoretically. I'd posit a 2025 Fall Slip is magnitudes more likely.

Rich Brownn

@UniversalORL
in the next 24 months will be adding 14,000 new employees at Epic Universe. That is going to take the I-Drive community to well over 100,000 jobs. When you add in
@MCO
, you are now talking 130,000 to 140,000 jobs in one corridor. Wouldn't 24 months be 2024? Now I'm confused.... lol

JoeCamel

@UniversalORL
in the next 24 months will be adding 14,000 new employees at Epic Universe. That is going to take the I-Drive community to well over 100,000 jobs. When you add in
@MCO
, you are now talking 130,000 to 140,000 jobs in one corridor. Wouldn't 24 months be 2024? Now I'm confused.... lol
Pre hire and training? No one has operated this park before so they only know how it is designed to work not how it really runs

lazyboy97o

Pre hire and training? No one has operated this park before so they only know how it is designed to work not how it really runs
Construction jobs are also often touted by companies. There’s all sort of things that will be have to done.

Epic Universe was a Christmas 2023 project. It was delayed about a year due to the pandemic. Opening before late 2024 would be an acceleration of the pre-pandemic schedule in a much more difficult construction environment. Steel erection always looks fast because it is easy to see differences. It doesn’t tell us anything about roof installation or running conduit or programming show controls.

JoeCamel

Construction jobs are also often touted by companies. There’s all sort of things that will be have to done.

Epic Universe was a Christmas 2023 project. It was delayed about a year due to the pandemic. Opening before late 2024 would be an acceleration of the pre-pandemic schedule in a much more difficult construction environment. Steel erection always looks fast because it is easy to see differences. It doesn’t tell us anything about roof installation or running conduit or programming show controls.
Once the walls go up the cries of "why isn't it open yet" begin

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

Once the walls go up the cries of "why isn't it open yet" begin
The most experienced existing staff will be Opening teams already planning who they want to move over there. Stuff like landscaping could possibly be in situ long before official opening, they will need to embed those new people into UOR so when the old ones move to south campus the newbies will experienced too. It makes sense to staff up well before

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom