Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Me too. I had some friends who worked for Universal Creative back around the time the Nintendo Deal was announced. I'm curious to how many of the concept that told me about survived. I have a feeling none of them did, but still.
Like you said, I hope we get alot of concept art and a map.

Would REALLY like to see them (eventually) set up a preview center for the new park like they did for IOA (even if they change 1/3 before the park actually opens... like what happened to IOA)... but that's the enthusiast in me talking, not the marketing representative...

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
Thread retitled.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, it looks like four (definitive) sections... going counter clockwise, from the entrance (lower left on the image) we have one area with a dueling coaster, but tough to see what the theme might be. Next (going counter clockwise), there is a standalone building with almost a Mission Space feel followed by a themed section that looks to be placed within a city street similar to Diagon Alley (possibly Fantastic Beasts?). Continuing counterclockwise looks to be the hotel at the 12-O'clock position, then the section that is the hardest to distinguish (maybe the universal monsters section)? Last, counter clockwise... maybe Nintendo?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can't remember who said it but I think @WDW1974 called that years ago. This could be interesting.
I don't think many people outside of the parksrealize how big of an issue labor is. To make this new park work, Universal are going to have to poach Cast Members from Disney, and it looks like they may succeed by setting a $15 minimum.

Anyway, good news for the Orlando area economy, and hopefully good news for theme park workers to get a pay rate that they deserve.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
14000 jobs at a minimum of $15 per hour. Seems like a labor war might be underway with Disney.
I can't remember who said it but I think @WDW1974 called that years ago. This could be interesting.
This is where everything is going...unless you’re named “Walmart”

In order to sell products...the consumers have to be able to pay for them. Fairly simple concept ignored by the university of Chicago forever.

Universal has always tried to “pilfer” wdw...just to annoy them if nothing else.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't think many people outside of the parksrealize how big of an issue labor is. To make this new park work, Universal are going to have to poach Cast Members from Disney, and it looks like they may succeed by setting a $15 minimum.

Anyway, good news for the Orlando area economy, and hopefully good news for theme park workers to get a pay rate that they deserve.

Did they announce when this park will open?

trainplane3

If I had to guess though, that 14k is probably including construction.
There's a cracker plant being built about 15 minutes away from me. They raved about bring 1k jobs to the area and then cleared up the fact there'll be around a maximum of 300 employed once it's running.

Regardless when the parks battle, we all win. This should bring some more fun competition to the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom