Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Slpy3270

I'm betting the announcement will be a multi-phase expansion plan that will culminate in the new park's opening but also include a massive overhaul of some pre-existing areas in the parks.

We could see T2: 3D's replacement attraction, possible replacement area(s) for either the KidZone or The Lost Continent, new character experiences (Felix the Cat, anyone?) and the new park announced all at once.

trr1

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Jul 26

bioreconstruct Retweeted bioreconstruct

This older tweet shows roads planned in the Universal expansion property. Universal has scheduled a major announcement Aug 1. Possible is media will shuttle by bus from Orange Co Conv Center to planned road at left in the planning map.

A guess is a palm tree in the UOR expansion will be a media photo op next Thursday when Universal makes a major announcement.

Universal has invited media to attend an Aug 1 major announcement at Orange County Conv Center (top arrow). Possibly to take a bus ride into the UOR expansion property (entering left arrow). Also seen this aerial, center arrow, is a roller coaster track staging site.

BubbaQuest

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] 14h14 hours ago

Could be a new SR 528 interchange is announced as part of Thursday's major Universal news. This image originally seen Spring 2018 in @orlandosentinel Amended here. This Sentinel graphic also referenced in an article by @DISUniversal http://universal.wdwinfo.com/after-lawsuit-settlement-universal-purchases-additional-land-for-development/ …
View attachment 394529

Didn't even think of this before...If there is a new off ramp on 528 that goes directly to the new resort parking lot, most people going to Disney from the airport would have to drive right past this.

Tom Morrow

Is FL 528 really the preferred way to Walt Disney World over FL 417?
528 takes you directly to SeaWorld and International Drive and closer to Universal. 417 takes you closer to Disney, Kissimmee, and the US-192 tourist area. 417 is preferred if going to WDW because you bypass I4 traffic. Most of the time the Magical Express buses take 417, but not always. For everyone else, it really just depends on which way you leave the airport. Exiting to the North puts you to 528, South to 417.

tirian

I have zero insight behind the scenes at Universal parks, and this is 100% my own opinion based on the industry’s buzz that’s developed without details:

I hope these lands are truly the game changers Universal has always tried to have, and has come very close to achieving with Potter, but still barely misses by thismuch. It’s time for Uni to graduate beyond static props that should move (Diagon’s dragon), awkward animatronic choices (Hagrid’s critters), and repetitive tropes (“Watch out! Watch out!”).

I want Uni to blow my socks off like that, because for many people in my generation, only Nintendo possesses the same nostalgia as Disney and Potter.

OG Runner

Disney hasn’t “gotten it right” since Tower of Terror. That’s 25 years ago and the people who could get it right are long gone. Universal has clearly taken advantage of this opening and will likely continue to do so with this new park. Universal has slowly become the new Disney and this to me is very reminiscent of the “Disney decade”. I think we have some very interesting times ahead!

To quote an animated merkat, "Sit down before you hurt yourself." I am not being critical, one way or another, but you seem to be
expecting a lot from a new park that hasn't had one part of it announced yet. Part of taking advantage, would be to have the whole
project ready to go. Considering it has taken over 2 years and the show still hasn't been replaced in the old T2 building. When are they
going to be taking advantage in 4 or 5 years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom