Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

mccgavin

I have no idea why you or anyone else is surprised. I posted back when the parks closed this would happen. I even explained why, that there is no way a company can continue to spend billions when money wasn't coming in. It was always obvious that it would be delayed well over a year. Orlando will not achieve 2019 attendance till 2024. A new themepark is not needed until 2025 or 2026.

I hope everyone here realizes we are the exception not the rule. Polling us to see who will go back and when is actually stupid because it is the general public that won't go on a plane until there is a vaccine and everyone gets it. However, even if the vaccine is ready in June 2021 and is produced at 1 billion dosage a year, it will take well over a year for every American to receive it.
I don't understand your objection to my comment, as it appears we are on the same page. What I was referring to was people claiming this would become the next Universal Dubailand, remaining an empty plot indefinitely. All I am saying is that whether it's 2024, 2026, or even 2028, a theme park will eventually be built in that space.

trr1

I don't understand your objection to my comment, as it appears we are on the same page. What I was referring to was people claiming this would become the next Universal Dubailand, remaining an empty plot indefinitely. All I am saying is that whether it's 2024, 2026, or even 2028, a theme park will eventually be built in that space.
that is why I made the Legendary years comparison of pop century, it was postponed for 9 years but morphed int A.O.A. resort instead

Rob562

So, the construction of Epic Universe is now stoped?

If anything, I think they may be finishing up site prep/drainage/utility work. Since it's already in-process it's probably better for them to finish it, or at least get it to the point where it can sit abandoned for months on end without having to spend more money down the road cleaning things up.

-Rob

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are definitely still working on it... or there are invisible people running a lot of heavy equipment.

Orlando is still working on the new and improved public roadways. And it seems "site work" related to ground prep is still going on.

But we now have two sources definitively saying that *construction* will be delayed.

seascape

Not starting.
I never heard it put that way. It will be built but the design may have to change depending on how business travel goes. I believe personal travel will come back in a few years but business travel will take much longer, just like telecommuting is here permanently. Life will change just like after 9-11 but we will get a new normal.

lazyboy97o

I never heard it put that way. It will be built but the design may have to change depending on how business travel goes. I believe personal travel will come back in a few years but business travel will take much longer, just like telecommuting is here permanently. Life will change just like after 9-11 but we will get a new normal.
The park doesn’t need to change. A park with distinct lands isn’t actually a new idea.

JT3000

They never said anything about the design changing. And Universal is a theme park resort. The vast majority of its guests are NOT there on business.

BrianLo

I wonder if Universal will swing around to any other smaller projects? For IOA/USF.

It's going to be quite a long lead-time for them now between the Jurassic Coaster and the new park. Yes tourism is depressed, but also having little new to market won't help matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom