Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

2h

Aerial view of activity today in the staging yard for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
1588623812340.png

Aerial look at infrastructure work in Unviersal's Epic Universe site. Top right is an area already approved for warehouses, offices, along Sand Lake Rd.
1588623837643.png

Aerial look inside Universal's Epic Universe construction site today. Arrow at a single palm tree planted long ago. Only Universal knows what this palm tree represents.
1588623872162.png

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe construction site, with infrastructure in progress. Camera looking south. Arrow at the easement for extension of Kirkman Rd.
1588623898240.png

JT3000

I'm basing it on the fact that USF is based around Diagon Alley, not London. Having us explore London in the new park wouldn't be confusing.

Confusing? No. Redundant? Yes. Don't you think the best location for such a land would be NYC? And yet that wasn't their choice either. Why? Redundancy.

lebeau

I'm basing it on the fact that USF is based around Diagon Alley, not London. Having us explore London in the new park wouldn't be confusing.

Something tells me JK Rowling wouldn't agree with your assessment. There is nothing to support your concept. It's pure speculation. That's fine, but let's not act like this is a legitimate possibility.

lazyboy97o

Something tells me JK Rowling wouldn't agree with your assessment. There is nothing to support your concept. It's pure speculation. That's fine, but let's not act like this is a legitimate possibility.
The Wizarding World already has canon that allows movement between time and place. A ride could take place elsewhere.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Someone applied for a FOIA for docs. The county accidentally released a doc that has emergency egress data that should not have been released. The county is asking everyone to remove the image for safety reasons.
Two things wrong with this. First, emergency egress is exactly the sort of thing the public needs to know and buildings are filled with big red or green signs identifying such egress. Second, the site plan didn’t show egress. The diagrams showed hose distances for fire fighter access, something that isn’t really much of a secret as there are public code requirements that must be met.
And let’s be honest, who didn’t save it? 😂

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

17h

Aerial look at infrastructure in progress at site of Universal's Epic Universe.
1588793367009.png

Aerial look at staging of track for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster. This staging area a few miles south of IOA. The curved clearing just past staging is an easement for extension of Kirkman Rd into Universal's Epic Universe.
1588793394355.png

In addition to roller coaster track, a staging area at Universal's Epic Universe has storage of concrete forms. Forms used for walls and footers in the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
1588793423664.png

Some nearby residents have a view of track staged for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster.
1588793452404.png

An aerial overview of much of the land cleared for Universal's Epic Universe. Sand Lake Rd runs along the top of the site seen here. Universal Blvd is the road at bottom of this photo. A grassy triangle at center is Jurassic Park roller coaster track staging.
1588793476601.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This brings up a question:

Is the "site work" still being done on EU property the site work that would have had to be done anyway for construction?

It just seems odd to announce construction is halted, while at the same time, site work -- which is necessary for construction -- still continues. If site work is happening, then I would consider construction is still happening.

Or is this site work part of the county's roadways project?

JoeCamel

Is the "site work" still being done on EU property the site work that would have had to be done anyway for construction?

It just seems odd to announce construction is halted, while at the same time, site work -- which is necessary for construction -- still continues. If site work is happening, then I would consider construction is still happening.

I'm not sure the message was clear, they pushed back the expected opening by a year but that came from the Mayor I believe. All they have said is that it will be a year late which lines up with the infrastructure work better than the 2023 date did. I expect them to proceed where they can but if money does not need to be spent right now it won't be

JoeCamel

This is what "click orlando" thought was said and it is what I remember. Still 30 million of site work ongoing

“I was contacted yesterday by senior officials at Universal and what they said to me was their overall construction project delayed by a year, however they are going to continue with 30 plus million dollars worth of construction underway at this time,” Demings said. “In terms of impact on our economy, there will still be robust construction activity centered around that development itself.”

lazyboy97o

It would still be for the park itself. In order to utilize fast track project delivery, which overlaps design and construction, themed entertainment projects often have their site work done under site work permits with the permits for the buildings being sought later. This is why construction on TRON is taking so long, the site work was permitted and started well before the building drawings were ready to be submitted for permitting.

The Grand Inquisitor

Another great video from Alicia. I guess the rumor of Fantastic Beasts being changed to London is a possibility. Personally I have no problem with Paris or Fantastic Beasts. They should just replace Fear Factor with the London Ministry of Magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom