Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

lebeau

I'm hearing that CV-19 is convenient excuse and cost saver, but the real reason Universal is doing it is projected park completion and projected infrastructure completion weren't lining up. Apparently Universal fast tracking a project and the state/county fast tracking something is two different things.

That makes sense. Honestly, I don't need Epic Universe to open in 2023. (Good thing since it ain't happening, right?) I would rather the project takes as long as it takes and the park opens with a minimum of budget cuts. I'd rather have an amazing new park open in 2024 or even 2025 than a half-realized compromise that opens on time.

disney4life2008

That makes sense. Honestly, I don't need Epic Universe to open in 2023. (Good thing since it ain't happening, right?) I would rather the project takes as long as it takes and the park opens with a minimum of budget cuts. I'd rather have an amazing new park open in 2024 or even 2025 than a half-realized compromise that opens on time.

I have faith in Comcast. Disney on the other hand will and would do just that.

Rich Brownn

Rumors are circulating about Fantastic Beasts being replaced by general Potter stuff. Makes a ton of sense, Fantastic Beasts isn't doing too well as a franchise. Now we might finally get the British Ministry of Magic.
I never get the "not doing well" when 1) only 2 of the 5 films have been release and 2) The first grossed $800 million The second $650 million. Those are on-par for sequels. And for all we know the 3rd film could become a breakout. The second film's biggest disappointment was critically, not financially. Now, if you're comparing them to Potter numbers, I don't think anyone expected them to reach those. Plus FB seems to be more popular overseas than Potter was.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Rumors are circulating about Fantastic Beasts being replaced by general Potter stuff. Makes a ton of sense, Fantastic Beasts isn't doing too well as a franchise. Now we might finally get the British Ministry of Magic.
I don't honestly believe that. The plans are in place. We could see stuff cut but not the entire theme replaced. I'm thinking the Drop Tower Ride and Dueling Space Coaster could be cut. But I think the lands and theme are locked in place.

Lintemuthstudios

I don't honestly believe that. The plans are in place. We could see stuff cut but not the entire theme replaced. I'm thinking the Drop Tower Ride and Dueling Space Coaster could be cut. But I think the lands and theme are locked in place.

The lands' layout and rides would remain the same, it would just be modified to be themed around regular Potter stuff. The French Ministry from the Fantastic Beasts films would become the British Ministry from the Potter films, the surrounding buildings will be themed to London, etc.

lazyboy97o

Someone applied for a FOIA for docs. The county accidentally released a doc that has emergency egress data that should not have been released. The county is asking everyone to remove the image for safety reasons.
Two things wrong with this. First, emergency egress is exactly the sort of thing the public needs to know and buildings are filled with big red or green signs identifying such egress. Second, the site plan didn’t show egress. The diagrams showed hose distances for fire fighter access, something that isn’t really much of a secret as there are public code requirements that must be met.

Lintemuthstudios

They aren't going to build a second Potter land set in London.

I don't think Universal will really care about having two London's, especially when Diagon Alley isn't branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, it's branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley.

The next one could simply be named Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic.

lebeau

I don't think Universal will really care about having two London's, especially when Diagon Alley isn't branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, it's branded as Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley.

The next one could simply be named Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic.

And you're basing this on what exactly?

Rich Brownn

The only issue I see with that is both London and Diagon Alley are areas of the Wizarding World. MoM is a place. It would be like calling Diagon Alley The Wizarding World: Gringott's Bank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom