Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JT3000

I do not yet know enough about the reasoning behind Disney's decision to consider it a bad move.

If their projects get stalled for months, I'm confident it's a bad move. I could honestly see Disney making this decision for purely financial reasons, which would be illogical, since a half-built construction site won't finish itself regardless of whether you're currently bringing in revenue, but cutting those extra expenditures will make a certain stockholder very happy!

Truthfully, what this is a perfect time for is maintenance, lots of it, but I don't foresee either resort doing much in the way of that.

Tom Morrow

Agreed that this is the perfect time for maintenance and touchups. Disney has a million ride show elements that could be addressed and Universal could take this time to polish up the walkways, facades, and structures. However, with Orlando on lockdown for at least two weeks now, none of this will be deemed essential.

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
Agreed that this is the perfect time for maintenance and touchups. Disney has a million ride show elements that could be addressed and Universal could take this time to polish up the walkways, facades, and structures. However, with Orlando on lockdown for at least two weeks now, none of this will be deemed essential.

It's fine, see https://www.orangecountyfl.net/Port...cy Executive Order No. 2020-04 - 03-24-20.pdf see page 5, #28 under the "essential exception" list. The construction work will continue as long as they follow the guidelines. There's no massive crowd of workers over there. #21 on the previous page covers maintenance, so that's allowed also.

Last edited:

celluloid

A lot of Disney's stalling was due to budget and losing money from the bigger revenue of the company such as the Cruise Lines, ESPN and major film releases and of course, the parks in china that were draining the company before the virus and only worse after, which is their largest market. Universal has some of those, but not nearly as effected.
I am sure certain moves are for safety, but most of it is budgetary.

The Grand Inquisitor

According to the Universal Forums Lord of the Rings may not actually replace Toon Lagoon and could be one of the 2 expanded lands to the park. The park has 2 expansion pads I believe. I could be wrong.

lazyboy97o

According to the Universal Forums Lord of the Rings may not actually replace Toon Lagoon and could be one of the 2 expanded lands to the park. The park has 2 expansion pads I believe. I could be wrong.
Don't get too focused on expansion plans for a park that is not yet open. Anything along those lines would be more discussion than serious development this far out.

RobWDW1971

Toon Lagoon REALLY needs to be put out to pasture - I'm old and even I barely remember Dagwood, Beetle Bailey, Hagar, etc. and some of them I don't have any clue to who they are. Time to completely redo that area, leave Popeye rafts and blow up the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom