Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Apr 12
More
A single palm tree has been planted in the Universal expansion site (rumored name: Fantastic Worlds). It seems like site work this stage of development is complete, and the palm was planted in a variation of a topping off ceremony.

#AskUniversal This recently planted palm tree in Universal Orlando Resort's south expansion has drawn a lot of attention. Is there a press release about it? Is it center of that property?

trr1

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] 1h1 hour ago

Aerial view of Orlando Starflyer and The Wheel. Behind spire of Starflyer is a portion of Universal Orlando's expansion property.

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] 1h1 hour ago

An aerial view of a single palm tree planted in what seems to be center of Universal Orlando's expansion property.

At what seems like center of rumored Fantastic Worlds is a single palm tree. Aerial views of Universal Orlando's expansion property.

Aerial views of much of a new Universal resort. Possibly called Fantastic Worlds. 2nd photo is where public records indicate will be parking.

Aerial view where Universal will be building offices and warehouses along Sand Lake Rd. Some UOR resorts seen top center.

Aerial view where Universal will be building offices, warehouses, along Sand Lake Rd. Stretching in horizon is a future new resort, possibly called Fantastic Worlds.

When should we expect an official announcement for Universal Orlando’s fourth park around Disney’s D23 expo event or when Star Wars galaxy edge opens both in Florida and California?

JT3000

When should we expect an official announcement for Universal Orlando’s fourth park around Disney’s D23 expo event or when Star Wars galaxy edge opens both in Florida and California?

Don't expect it to be announced this year. The Star Wars hype would just drown it out instead of vice versa. Universal takes their time with announcements anyway. Everyone with an interest in this subject already knows what they're doing, so they obviously aren't compelled to say anything. The park could be half finished by the time they do.

celluloid

The world's tallest Slingtshot and new drop tower going into the Icon area are going to potentially be more nasty sightlines for the property.

ObscurityPoint

Don't expect it to be announced this year. The Star Wars hype would just drown it out instead of vice versa. Universal takes their time with announcements anyway. Everyone with an interest in this subject already knows what they're doing, so they obviously aren't compelled to say anything. The park could be half finished by the time they do.
They’ll wait about a year after Galaxy’s Edge opens to drop the big announcement, that’s my guess. Like a movie villain, they’re letting Disney have their fun now while they plot and wait in the shadows for the perfect time to strike.

But seriously, as for IP’s I’d like to see in this new park, I’d have to say
-Fantastic Beasts/1920’s America (for a third Potter gate- also disconnected from the train aka London)
-Dreamworks Land (Panda, Dragon, Madagascar, maybe Shrek and get rid of Shrek 4D at the Studios)
-No illumination (we have minions in USO and SLOP coming soon in Hollywood which I could see coming to Orlando too)
-Star Trek (sci-fi area)
-Universal Monster World (rumored for Beijing)
-MAYBE Middle Earth (fits with Fantasy theme)
-No Jurassic, keep it at IOA
-Back to the Future DeLorean Rollercoaster (unlikely but I can dream for them to revisit some of their still-popular classic films as they are still exciting IPs, see Kong).
-Maybe somehow make a Scooby or Spongebob ride for a kids area (still have access to HB and Nick, plus theres a new scooby animated film coming out in 2020).

trr1

They’ll wait about a year after Galaxy’s Edge opens to drop the big announcement, that’s my guess. Like a movie villain, they’re letting Disney have their fun now while they plot and wait in the shadows for the perfect time to strike.

But seriously, as for IP’s I’d like to see in this new park, I’d have to say
-Fantastic Beasts/1920’s America (for a third Potter gate- also disconnected from the train aka London)
-Dreamworks Land (Panda, Dragon, Madagascar, maybe Shrek and get rid of Shrek 4D at the Studios)
-No illumination (we have minions in USO and SLOP coming soon in Hollywood which I could see coming to Orlando too)
-Star Trek (sci-fi area)
-Universal Monster World (rumored for Beijing)
-MAYBE Middle Earth (fits with Fantasy theme)
-No Jurassic, keep it at IOA
-Back to the Future DeLorean Rollercoaster (unlikely but I can dream for them to revisit some of their still-popular classic films as they are still exciting IPs, see Kong).
-Maybe somehow make a Scooby or Spongebob ride for a kids area (still have access to HB and Nick, plus theres a new scooby animated film coming out in 2020).
most likely it will also have a Nintendo land

Rich T

Nintendo, Dreamworks (including the Island of Berk), Universal Monsters (including the return of Jaws), Middle Earth. I'd call Potter pretty much maxed out once the Hagrid coaster opens. The Fantastic Beasts saga is starting to sink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom