Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Tom Morrow

I don't think I have ever seen anyone here make that argument. I know I was personally critical of Universal's locker charges. The arguments I got against those criticisms were along the lines of "the small ones are still free" and "doesn't bother me cause I pack light".
I know I've seen it, if not in response to the locker complaints then other things.

JT3000

It really isn’t hard though when every hint of criticism of Universal is met with “Oh yeah? Well at Disney....!”

They're direct competitors in the same industry. It's going to happen. Not to mention this is a Disney forum first and foremost, making the comparison all the more likely. However, I've noticed the people who do the most complaining about this are typically the ones to either bring Disney into the conversation in the first place, or to make Disney the focus of the conversation by voicing their outrage over the initial comparison instead of glossing over it. If you choose to make the Disney comparison the focus of the conversation, the rest of us will naturally follow. People say a lot of downright ridiculous things about Universal on the Disney side of the forums, but if I try to refute any of it, I know full well that it will avalanche from there and take on a life of its own.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

"I think Universal needs better and more varied quick service food options."

"Oh yeah?? Well Disney's monorails SMELL BAD!!! What's your point??"

Tom Morrow

This is just hyperbolic. I've never seen anyone completely change the subject like that.
I mean, of course it’s hyperbolic. But I’m only exaggerating somewhat to make a point.

“I think Universal shouldn’t have kept a giant green box in the middle of their brand new supposedly most immersive roller coaster ever created.”

“Oh yeah? Well the yeti is broken and you can see through the structure on Everest!!”

Like, can’t both things just suck? Disney having its own problems doesn’t excuse Universal from criticism but that is frequently what I see attempted in this sub forum.

Robbiem

Disney’s Transport problems are very much of their own making. As the resort expanded in the 80s and 90s any semblance of planning went out of the window, to be fair this started earlier when the village resort and marketplace were built but only connected with buses but the sheer volume of resorts built in the Eisner era put paid to any master Transport plan, if more thought had gone into this development we wouldn’t be in the position we are now

trr1

Aerial view showing steady parade of trucks still delivering dirt to the Universal expansion site (rumored name: Fantastic Worlds).

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Mar 24

Aerial with what seems like apartments being built in a nook of land tucked against a brownfield portion of the Universal expansion property. Public records are from Oct 2016.

s8film40

You can build a basement and lower levels with a high water table just like you can build buildings completely submerged.

It's just a lot more expensive in order to waterproof it.
Oh yeah I know, just think it’s funny everyone acts like it’s impossible. Practical maybe not, but of course there was a point in time when Disney would go to those lengths just to shove some offices out of sight.

lazyboy97o

Oh yeah I know, just think it’s funny everyone acts like it’s impossible. Practical maybe not, but of course there was a point in time when Disney would go to those lengths just to shove some offices out of sight.
I think many people would be surprised at how many attractions have basements. Fantastic Worlds is sure to have a few.

winstongator

Disney has bought more buses a few years ago, spending about $20M for 50 of them. They've been adding more dedicated bus lanes all over the place. They've been adding bus-only entrances to the parks. They've been replacing crossroads that have traffic lights with fly-overs. They've added monitors to bus stops and your MDE app to track your bus. They're building the Skyliner which will divert all those buses to other resorts/parks. They built the new resort bus terminal next to MK gate so you can skip the TTC. They built a new bus terminal for DHS. They built a new bus terminal for Disney Springs.
More buses is very good news. Where I really notice the transportation changes is at Disney springs. The bus lanes in the middle and new garages. I wondered where people parked before the garages were built. When we were there in March both lime and orange garages were pretty packed.

I like how the bus and car areas at the MK have separate security checkpoints.

I agree that the transportation improvements have been considerable. I imagine how congested th8ngs would be without them. The capacity numbers for the skyliner relative to buses have me very interested in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom