Universal's Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex Opens 2023)

The Real Buzz Lightyear

In the Parks
No
Advertisement
I won't venture any predictions beyond this: It will open barring the collapse of Orlando as a tourist destination.
Yeah these next few years is going to be very interesting.

Rob562

So, the construction of Epic Universe is now stoped?
If anything, I think they may be finishing up site prep/drainage/utility work. Since it's already in-process it's probably better for them to finish it, or at least get it to the point where it can sit abandoned for months on end without having to spend more money down the road cleaning things up.

-Rob

Last edited:

seascape

Not starting.
I never heard it put that way. It will be built but the design may have to change depending on how business travel goes. I believe personal travel will come back in a few years but business travel will take much longer, just like telecommuting is here permanently. Life will change just like after 9-11 but we will get a new normal.

lazyboy97o

I never heard it put that way. It will be built but the design may have to change depending on how business travel goes. I believe personal travel will come back in a few years but business travel will take much longer, just like telecommuting is here permanently. Life will change just like after 9-11 but we will get a new normal.
The park doesn’t need to change. A park with distinct lands isn’t actually a new idea.

JT3000

They never said anything about the design changing. And Universal is a theme park resort. The vast majority of its guests are NOT there on business.

BrianLo

I wonder if Universal will swing around to any other smaller projects? For IOA/USF.

It's going to be quite a long lead-time for them now between the Jurassic Coaster and the new park. Yes tourism is depressed, but also having little new to market won't help matters.

JT3000

There is this ridiculous belief that the entire reason for and design of the park is driven by renting out the lands to private parties.
I could see them trying to use that to their advantage, but I very much doubt that was the impetus for the park's compartmentalized design. Personally, I'd love to see them STOP renting the parks out to such groups. They shouldn't be allowed to buy that experience at the expense of other guests. At the very least, they could handle the whole thing differently, like letting them rent out a special event space that's technically inside the park but doesn't encroach on the park's common areas, which could then remain open, and doing the whole VIP tour thing like at HHN. Just don't send them all to the same place at the same time.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

In the Parks
No
I wonder if Universal will swing around to any other smaller projects? For IOA/USF.

It's going to be quite a long lead-time for them now between the Jurassic Coaster and the new park. Yes tourism is depressed, but also having little new to market won't help matters.
I agree. Pets could replace Shrek. Kidszone could be replaced by Pokemon. USF could get an new parade. IOA could get the rumored Grinch ride or something else entirely.

lazyboy97o

I could see them ending up with a gap just because the decision to do something to fill that gap would have to be occurring pretty much right now or at least in the near future. I just don't see them being able to pull of another Transformers, and the parks don't need something barebones just dropped in wherever it will fit.

Top Bottom