Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

And that reminds me what about the Jurassic Park coaster lying on the ground in pieces? I'm sure it can sit there for weeks but at some point I assume it'll have to be stored somewhere dry or else get assembled and painted.
IT can sit there for a year if need be as it is already coated. I doubt it will be there through spring.

lazyboy97o

Did you see the pic of the pipe staged to go in the ground? There is a ton of drainage work still to come here.
We’ve also only just started to see the specific site plans being filed, so all of that site work is going to have to be completed as it relates to the specifics of the park.

I think they will scale back some of the parks opening day item maybe even postpone the hotel if need be
The hotel in the park seems like the last one that would be delayed.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

18h

Aerial view of where warehouses and offices supporting all of UOR are approved to be built. This is the North part of the Universal's Epic Universe property. Widening of Sand Lake Rd is nearly complete. Arrows at an easement for extending Kirkman Rd into UEU.
1584647136934.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial view of recently completed retention ponds at Universal's Epic Universe site. Sand Lake Rd is upper left.
1584647197839.png

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe site. Large arrow at an access at Destination Pwy. It will become entrance to a large flat parking lot (smaller arrow).
1584647231199.png

It's always fun to spot a single palm tree planted in the site of Universal's Epic Universe. Only UOR knows what it represents. Could be the center of the project.
1584647274503.png

Aerial view (Mar 16) of Universal's Epic Universe site. Most of this is dirt piled recently tens of feet deep. Arrows where the fill dirt has been excavated for infrastructure. Much of this site staged with pipes. At right are some berms
1584647312154.png

Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe. Yes, that's roller coaster track staged lower right. It's for the unannounced Jurassic Park project at Islands of Adventure, 3 miles Northwest.
1584647343632.png

The Grand Inquisitor

There was talk for the longest time on the Universal Forums if a land had to be cut due to budget restraints it would be the monsters land. I really hope Universal does not cut the land. Is there any truth to this ?

Tonto

No. Maybe at one point but not this late into the game.
I would be more concerned with a cancellation or a significant delay if life doesn’t normalize in the next 60 days. Too many parks not opened at the moment. Also, once things do normalize whose to say that theme park attendance will not remain low for the foreseeable future.
Covid-19 is changing a lot of norms, practices, and life in general. Another gate for Universal sounds very risky right now. I would be surprised if they weren’t second guessing this investment.

lebeau

I would be more concerned with a cancellation or a significant delay if life doesn’t normalize in the next 60 days. Too many parks not opened at the moment. Also, once things do normalize whose to say that theme park attendance will not remain low for the foreseeable future.
Covid-19 is changing a lot of norms, practices, and life in general. Another gate for Universal sounds very risky right now. I would be surprised if they weren’t second guessing this investment.

Unless no one ever goes to a theme park again, I can't see them cancelling the park. What else are they going to do with it? Budget cuts? Yeah, I could see. Pulling the plug? Not unless we're living Beyond Thunderdome.

seascape

Unless no one ever goes to a theme park again, I can't see them cancelling the park. What else are they going to do with it? Budget cuts? Yeah, I could see. Pulling the plug? Not unless we're living Beyond Thunderdome.
No one is talking about cancelling the park but iit will be delayed. Only someone who has no understanding of business can believe Comcast has the money to build and open the park in 2023.

seascape

Funny how quickly things can change, huh? One week, the sky's the limit for Orlando. Record-breaking and ever-growing attendance at the parks with no end in sight. The next week... the entire city's future is uncertain.
The world is not ending. Orlando will survive but not grow in the near future. It's economy will shrink. It will take years before the Orlando themeparks draw what they did in 2019. Goldman Sacks is saying the GDP drop in the second quarter will be 24%

Tonto

Yeah, I agree. I was really offering extremes of what could happen. I do potentially see a prolonged postponement over an additional year or 2 depending how long Covid hangs around.

lebeau

No one is talking about cancelling the park but iit will be delayed. Only someone who has no understanding of business can believe Comcast has the money to build and open the park in 2023.

The post I responded to specifically talked about cancellation. Thus, my response. Based on your posts in this thread, you don't appear to understand business very well. You should stop trying to present yourself as some kind of expert on the subject. It's very obvious you are not.

A delay is possible. It's not certain. You look silly when you keep arguing that it is inevitable. I have looked at Comcast's financials. You have no idea what you're talking about.

seascape

The post I responded to specifically talked about cancellation. Thus, my response. Based on your posts in this thread, you don't appear to understand business very well. You should stop trying to present yourself as some kind of expert on the subject. It's very obvious you are not.

A delay is possible. It's not certain. You look silly when you keep arguing that it is inevitable. I have looked at Comcast's financials. You have no idea what you're talking about.
The concentration of corporate debt: The top 48.
CompanyLT Debt
1AT&T178.5
2Ford104.9
3Verizon124.6
4Comcast108.5
46 more rows

Jul 26, 2019

seascape

Debt means nothing. Its the income ratio that does. (Heck, apple shows debt but still has billion in cash overseas).
Comcast is highly leveraged. It's ratio is higher than Disney's. Now, it is sustainable at current income levels. However, if the movie business and themeparks don't come back to profitably soon both companies will be in trouble. They can't even count on the TV networks, over the air and cable because advertising revenue is drying up. The only revenue both companies can count on for the time being is. cable TV subscriptions which over the past few years has been falling. Now, I do expect the recession to be relatively short and both companies to survive but it will take several years before things get back to normal. Some people may not like this fact but I said the economy would crash, while others said only 2%. Goldman Sacks is now saying 24%. Others are saying we can lose upto 36 million jobs. I think what we are seeing was accurately predicted by those who understand economics.

Also a poster on another thread said some people are proposing pay cuts for teachers because the state can't afford to pay. States are losing billions and billions in tax revenue while racking up billions and billions in expenses. They will have to raise taxes, layoff workers, and either freeze pay for years or have pay cuts. The Federal Government will not be able to bailout all the States.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom