Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Disneyhead'71

Yeah... it doesn't look great. Giant slots, painted on rock details, and if you've seen the aerial photos in the other thread, the land appears to be extremely cramped and cluttered to a degree that makes Hogsmeade look big and open by comparison. My impression is that they’ve leaned way too hard into the “make it look like the retro games” angle and the result is cheap, tacky, and visually unappealing. I hope the rides are good enough to make up for this.
Yeah, this thing is gonna be Epic! EPIC FAIL!. They'll probably have to pay people to go.

CraftyFox

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

·2h

Aerial view of Universal's Epic Universe site.
1584386928849.png

seascape

With as grim as things look, I just can't see this continuing under the same schedule, unfortunately. 😞
I know. I feel sorry for the delay but be positive, Universal will survive and Epic Universe shoulld still open near the end of the decade. As I said in other posts we need to take care of each other first. Saving jobs at Seaworld and the other attractions in Orlando must be the priority before any new park and additions to Universal or Disney.

JT3000

I know. I feel sorry for the delay but be positive, Universal will survive and Epic Universe shoulld still open near the end of the decade. As I said in other posts we need to take care of each other first. Saving jobs at Seaworld and the other attractions in Orlando must be the priority before any new park and additions to Universal or Disney.

You still don't seem to grasp the concept that new parks, like any other project, *create* jobs. If the park gets delayed, many of the people working on it are out of a job.

I see no reason to delay the park's construction, other than protecting Universal's bottom line. But if the virus is still around and complicating things 3 years from now, we'll all have much bigger problems.

seascape

You still don't seem to grasp the concept that new parks, like any other project, *create* jobs. If the park gets delayed, many of the people working on it are out of a job.

I see no reason to delay the park's construction, other than protecting Universal's bottom line. But if the virus is still around and complicating things 3 years from now, we'll all have much bigger problems.
Do you understand Comcast needs money coming in to do the work? Where is that money coming from? Universa Studios is losing billions in revenue this year. Their themeparks have no revenues coming in and they are paying their employees. Are you really that heartless and saying Universal should build you a new lark at the expense of all their current employees? Believe me, if they did that I would never ever do any business with them and most people wouldn't either. This is a disaster and peolle need to take care of each other today or we won't get through this. Further, as things stand right now, the Disney and Universal themeparks will be luvky if they can draw what they did in 2019 in 2025, no new parks are needed for years.

lazyboy97o

Do you understand Comcast needs money coming in to do the work? Where is that money coming from? Universa Studios is losing billions in revenue this year. Their themeparks have no revenues coming in and they are paying their employees. Are you really that heartless and saying Universal should build you a new lark at the expense of all their current employees? Believe me, if they did that I would never ever do any business with them and most people wouldn't either. This is a disaster and peolle need to take care of each other today or we won't get through this. Further, as things stand right now, the Disney and Universal themeparks will be luvky if they can draw what they did in 2019 in 2025, no new parks are needed for years.
Their current employees are working on the park. You can't say you don't want current employees to be laid off while advocating to lay off current employees.

Tonto

W

It'll reduce construction costs and be on time. You guys are way off.
Uh, but are we? Not sure I agree with you. It all depends on when this crisis ends. If its short term, I might agree with you. Anything long term could postpone if not even cancel this project. Don’t assume that current business practices will remain the same. Right now Orlando has at least 8 parks shuttered. That’s a massive amount of revenue loss.

Business right now is about stop gap measures.

seascape

Their current employees are working on the park. You can't say you don't want current employees to be laid off while advocating to lay off current employees.
No. You don't understand what I am saying. In order for Universal to build Epuc Universe they need money. They were counting on that money coming from themeparks and or movies. That revenue does not exist anymore. Now, Universal and Disney are doing the right thing and paying their cast members with cash they currently have in reserves. So where does Universal get that money. Unless they stop paying their employees they can't. You keep saying you want them to but refuse to provide a source of funds. I would rather have them take care of their current employees and have been ranting that must be the priority. Those who say Epic Universe is the priority are heartless because the only way that can happen is if Universal says screw you to their team members and they won't do that. They, being a normal company know their fans and customers would love to keep going provided they took care of the people who make it great.

lazyboy97o

No. You don't understand what I am saying. In order for Universal to build Epuc Universe they need money. They were counting on that money coming from themeparks and or movies. That revenue does not exist anymore. Now, Universal and Disney are doing the right thing and paying their cast members with cash they currently have in reserves. So where does Universal get that money. Unless they stop paying their employees they can't. You keep saying you want them to but refuse to provide a source of funds. I would rather have them take care of their current employees and have been ranting that must be the priority. Those who say Epic Universe is the priority are heartless because the only way that can happen is if Universal says screw you to their team members and they won't do that. They, being a normal company know their fans and customers would love to keep going provided they took care of the people who make it great.
I understand perfectly well. They have a small army of current employees working on the park, people you want laid off. How it is funded is not my problem, I am just pointing out your hypocrisy. You want a whole group of current Universal employees to be laid off.

seascape

My friends, we are living in unprecedented times. No one knows what is going to happen. Prognosticate at your own risk.
What is known is Macy's and other retailers are closing. Many will come back but some won't. Many Bars and Restaurants are going to fail. The government can help some but not all of these businesses. These are the facts. Many small business owners are great and still paying their employees most if not all their salaries. How long can they do that is questionable. The Macy's story said they would compensate their employees but that does notvmeam their full bnb pay. Virgin asked their employees to volunteer for unpaid leave. Face it people are going to hurt. They will not take expensive vacation to Orlando until they fully recover. I hate to see my investment account and see how much I have lost on paper. I am making cut backs. I may cut out one or two trips a year and rent out some DVC points. Life will go on but with less spending, thus hurting the economy even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom