Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

s8film40

Considering the source material, I think she's screen accurate (as much as she could be with a face character). Of course the majority of people would prefer her Filmation cartoon look but this works due to it being based on the Netflix series.
Yeah the costume is great! I also heard the entertainment department did this on their own initiative and presented it to Dreamworks who approved the idea. So it seems it was a bit of a passion project for the entertainment team. It’s nice to see things come about that way rather than corporate forces decisions.

OG Runner

I saw that. I don't know about a "step" but I was happy to see her. Her costume is pretty bad though.

IMG_8589.jpg

Costumes for face characters is always tough. DHS had a Doctor Strange character for a little while after the movie came out.
He looked like someone I would keep my kids away from. ;)

Jon81uk

Costumes for face characters is always tough. DHS had a Doctor Strange character for a little while after the movie came out.
He looked like someone I would keep my kids away from. ;)

But Dr Strange in the film has a weird looking goatee beard, so at least it was sorta accurate!

lebeau

Considering the source material, I think she's screen accurate (as much as she could be with a face character). Of course the majority of people would prefer her Filmation cartoon look but this works due to it being based on the Netflix series.

This picture doesn't show the full boots. They were the worst part of the costume. All things considered, I am just happy to see the character at all. Assuming this is temporary it makes sense they didn't spend a lot of money on the costume.

trr1

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] 17
Aerial of the Universal expansion property at Destination Pwy. Approximate overlay of Orange County Land Development Plan DP-18-10-356 Blue arrow at what seems to be a parking toll plaza.

A 1978 map but shows attraction area about 1973. I-Drive ends past Sand Lake, no Wet 'n Wild. Of course, also no Universal Orlando Resort developments.

A 1986 map with I-Drive extending past SeaWorld Orlando. Republic Dr starts at Wet 'n Wild, ends at Mercado. No Universal Orlando Resort developments.

A 2001 map with Universal Blvd crossing I-4 to Sand Land Rd. Seen as Republic Dr to Pointe Orlando. Universal Orlando development on map (USF opened 1990, IOA 1999, VB 2017)

Google Maps today, in 2019. Republic Drive fully renamed Universal and extended to SR 528 Beachline. Portion renamed to Pointe Plaza Ave. Endless Summer Resort has replaced Wet 'n Wild. Plan is to extend Kirkman Rd into the UOR expansion property (Fantastic Worlds).

Attachments

• 1562272259240.png
    1562272259240.png
    919.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 1562272328336.png
    1562272328336.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 1562272383157.png
    1562272383157.png
    770.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

brb1006

This picture doesn't show the full boots. They were the worst part of the costume. All things considered, I am just happy to see the character at all. Assuming this is temporary it makes sense they didn't spend a lot of money on the costume.
Yeah most of Universal's face characters can be a hit or miss. Such as Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Betty Boop who used to be silent characters.

tirian

If everything that's been said about this land is true, this will absolutely be the best theme park land in the world. And that's not even including the new Pokemon rumors that have been floating around, or the rumors that this land got even larger in scale (which should have been obvious when this moved to the new park).

Jesus.
Industry rumors say Pokemon is supposed to have its own dedicated land. But right now, that’s just hearsay.

Someone on Twitter said this leak is more exciting than Toy Story and Star Wars combined, and I’m inclined to agree.

Lintemuthstudios

But back to the future is getting a musical next year just saying even if it’s not coming to the fourth park the franchise is timeless. Just my opinion. Not everyone agrees I know.

I have a feeling I know you from the InsideUniversal forums, and I'll tell you now what I told you then. Jaws and BTTF are outdated. Universal has moved on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom