Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Lintemuthstudios

So, they're going to put UCMs in a park where they won't be doing HHN.

OK.

Ummm, it doesn't fit thematically in USF. According to various people on the InsideUniversal forums, the main attraction will be a Kuka Arm and the picture in the article clearly shows Dracula's Castle, which means that this land couldn't go in IOA without being compared to Hogsmeade. This is the only logical place it could go.

Rich Brownn

Ummm, it doesn't fit thematically in USF. According to various people on the InsideUniversal forums, the main attraction will be a Kuka Arm and the picture in the article clearly shows Dracula's Castle, which means that this land couldn't go in IOA without being compared to Hogsmeade. This is the only logical place it could go.
Like omnimovers, this ride system can be used a number of ways and not seem like a copy. In fact, rumor is there will already be two Kuka arm rides in the new park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummm, it doesn't fit thematically in USF.

How will it "fit" in a park with Nintendo worlds?

According to various people on the InsideUniversal forums, the main attraction will be a Kuka Arm and the picture in the article clearly shows Dracula's Castle, which means that this land couldn't go in IOA without being compared to Hogsmeade.

When is cloning a ride a concern of Universal's?

This is the only logical place it could go.

Not next to, say, a Mummy ride? Give themselves a reason to rip out F&F. San Francisco would have to go, but then London becomes the perfect facade for connecting UCM and Hogsmeade. And if UCM is successful as a land, it can then be the reason to eventually expand into dumping Fallon.

Lintemuthstudios

How will it "fit" in a park with Nintendo worlds?

When is cloning a ride a concern of Universal's?

Not next to, say, a Mummy ride? Give themselves a reason to rip out F&F. San Francisco would have to go, but then London becomes the perfect facade for connecting UCM and Hogsmeade. And if UCM is successful as a land, it can then be the reason to eventually expand into dumping Fallon.

A.) Nintendo lands won't be a focus in this park.

B.) True, but putting two in the same park seems like overkill.

C. They're not getting rid of Fallon or F&F anytime soon. Not to mention that the Classic Monsters is mostly centered around rural environments, while USF is mostly urban.

GLaDOS

A World of Warcraft Land would be a great companion for the movie!
Or when you can’t close the LotR rights.

They're like...10 years too late for WoW.

As for Classic Monsters, it makes sense in this park. Doesn't make sense in USF. Would make sense in IoA, but it's too similar to Hogsmeade to go there.

HHN won't be located in the new park. I'd wager it will never be located there, but if it is it wouldn't be for a long, long time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
HHN won't be located in the new park. I'd wager it will never be located there, but if it is it wouldn't be for a long, long time.

Which brings us around to my original point: If your going to nix ideas because "it doesn't make sense" then not putting UCM in the same park with HHN just doesn't make sense.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Realistically, San Francisco isn't going anywhere. It also wouldn't synergize with New York or its Mummy ride, which is further away from SF than you seem to remember (not to mention it's getting long in the tooth itself.)

You know we all have access to maps, right? So none of us have to rely on our memory. I checked a map before I made my armchair imagineering suggestion. Did you? Because, from the front of the Mummy ride to the first San Fran building is only .1 miles... a 2 minute walk.

They seemed to have found a way to make The Mummy ride work with New York, why not others? Why not just drop New York theming in favor of a UCM land? Just like DHS is abandoning it's studio conceit, it's time for USF to abandon theirs.

Anyway, if F&F becomes a UCM ride, then SF can become a London wharf (Jack the Ripper, anyone?) to fit nicely with the London facade for Potterland.

Then you have UCM cafe right around the corner....

JT3000

You know we all have access to maps, right? So none of us have to rely on our memory. I checked a map before I made my armchair imagineering suggestion. Did you? Because, from the front of the Mummy ride to the first San Fran building is only .1 miles... a 2 minute walk.

The distance is irrelevant (and I know the park like the back of my hand), so no, I didn't measure it on Google Maps. My point was that most of New York is between Mummy's entrance and San Francisco. This would be like retheming Poseidon's Fury to Harry Potter and ignoring the fact that the rest of Lost Continent separates it from Hogsmeade. There's zero chance of them retheming New York, and here's why...

Why not just drop New York theming in favor of a UCM land?

Because it's a major part of the park's original fabric and also lends itself easily to potential filming purposes. How much use do you expect they'll get out of monster theming? It's also the park's main artery, and you can't shut it down for the amount of time it would take to demolish it and create a new land from scratch. This is a park that requires oodles of capacity for its special events and space for its parades, and this particular location plays a vital role in both. So they're not about to build anything here based on the Potter design philosophy of small scale with lots of small details, which means you're not getting a believable European village, actual Egyptian tomb, or what-have-you in this location. These are things that need to go elsewhere if they're being built at all.

They seemed to have found a way to make The Mummy ride work with New York...

That's debatable.

Just like DHS is abandoning it's studio conceit, it's time for USF to abandon theirs.

DHS never films anything on its premises. USF does. Usually smaller productions, but revenue is revenue.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

Which brings us around to my original point: If your going to nix ideas because "it doesn't make sense" then not putting UCM in the same park with HHN just doesn't make sense.

Except HHN is not synonymous with the monsters? Like, they're very infrequently featured, and the land they're building does not fit in USF at all. This is a bizarre complaint

JT3000

I honestly don't get why Classic Monsters needs to be bundled with HHN in the first place?

It doesn't, it just sounds nice in thoery. Sort of like Hollywood's permanent haunted house, which no one cares about during HHN.

They wouldn't use the actual theme of the land every year, only when it comes time for the event to start repeating itself, and depending on the actual design of the land, it could run into the same problems IOA had hosting the event.

Except HHN is not synonymous with the monsters? Like, they're very infrequently featured, and the land they're building does not fit in USF at all. This is a bizarre complaint

The general idea would fit perfectly well if they could use Kidzone. After all, these are all movie characters, it could be designed in a more intimate way that does the properties justice, and it would be properly isolated from any other themes it may clash with. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Kidzone is off the table.

JT3000

When I think of HHN I think of modern horror, slasher films, blood, gore, and other R-rated romps. I don't think the classic UCM fit in with this.

They've used the classic monsters more than a few times, especially in the event's early years. The various remakes as well. They always come back in some form.

lazyboy97o

The idea that any of the lands in Fantastic Worlds could not work in a Universal Studios park or Islands of Adventure is a bit silly (and disappointing). Much of what is being talked about has origins in projects considered Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom