Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

cheezbat

According to Alicia Stella everything is staying the same for now. We could see some things cut like the dueling coaster and the 3rd Potter ride or a show.
They better not.
i remember them talking like they wanted this park to be better than Disneysea....then the plans leaked...didn’t seem to be in that level...but now they’re talking about cutting attractions? No way. You need all of it. As it is, this will barely be a full day park.

I hate how to this day, Universal Studios, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom still aren’t full day parks. Epcot and Islands just barely make it past that. These parks all need MORE...not less. If you’re going to build a new park in Florida, you build a FULL park.

SplashJacket

They better not.
i remember them talking like they wanted this park to be better than Disneysea....then the plans leaked...didn’t seem to be in that level...but now they’re talking about cutting attractions? No way. You need all of it. As it is, this will barely be a full day park.

I hate how to this day, Universal Studios, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom still aren’t full day parks. Epcot and Islands just barely make it past that. These parks all need MORE...not less. If you’re going to build a new park in Florida, you build a FULL park.
From what I've seen, Epic Universe will join the club of Epcot and DisneySea in terms of investment on opening. Whether the quality or design will reach that will be seen in 2025, but from the current plans, this park is insanely stacked, not barely a full day park.

lazyboy97o

They better not.

You can’t cut ride that don’t exist, so there is that. Two of the lands are anchored by shows, so they’re probably safe.

JoeCamel

Wow. Disney makes way better dirt. Very disappointing.
That is prime imported dirt sir. Came all the way from Davenport

dav.PNG

sedati

Such an odd layout. On the one hand, this is thankfully the polar opposite of Islands of Adventure- many, many ways to navigate and choose your own path and itinerary. And yet the lands themselves seem to be so locked off- one way in and out, and no inter-connectedness between lands worlds universes.

lazyboy97o

Such an odd layout. On the one hand, this is thankfully the polar opposite of Islands of Adventure- many, many ways to navigate and choose your own path and itinerary. And yet the lands themselves seem to be so locked off- one way in and out, and no inter-connectedness between lands worlds universes.
It’s pretty much the original Disneyland layout. We’ll see if it lasts.

SplashJacket

By going with the design they've essentially assured they only have to theme one side of each building, which is honestly a good thing because we are more likely to not have a transformers-like situation.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Opposing aerial views Mar 12 of Universal's Epic Universe, relative to The Wheel at ICON Park.
1615836732414.png
1615836741684.png

bioreconstruct

@bioreconstruct

Aerial look Mar 12 at a bamboo topped berm at the Southwest corner of site of Universal's Epic Universe. Work started in 2020 and then stopped due to pandemic.
1615836802266.png

"It was infrastructure all along" through the 2020 at Universal's Epic Universe. Seen here is where offices and warehouses will be, supporting all of Universal Orlando Resort.
1615836844236.png

Aerial look Mar 12 at the Kirkman Rd extension between Sand Lake Rd and Universal Blvd. Similar arrows at public record map of approved road plans for Universal's Epic Universe.
1615836895069.png
1615836904503.png

bioreconstruct

@bioreconstruct

·
Mar 14

Universal's Epic Universe. 1) How it started. Aerial Jun 16, 2018 2) How it's going. Aerial Mar 12, 2021 Destination Pwy along bottom of the photos. UEU road seen is the primary guest access, with parking at right.
1615836962712.png
1615836983902.png

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

·
11h

Aerial view of site of Universal's Epic Universe. Easement curving to the left is for Kirkman Rd extension. Trucks at bottom at the intersection with Universal Blvd.
View attachment 554321
Aerial view of where Universal Orlando Resort is approved to build warehouses and offices along Sand Lake Rd. North portion of the Epic Universe site.
View attachment 554322

That first image, the one thing I didn't notice before is the roads in the picture, those are the backstage roads for the new park and somewhat outline it, this is relatively new.

Better photo of it here:

The main entrance will be on the right hand side of the backstage roads.

JusticeDisney

This really IS an exciting project from Universal. I’m guessing they end up doing a fantastic job with it. Of course, as others have already said, with it being half a decade away at this point (and that’s assuming there are no additional unforeseen delays), it’s hard to get overly excited right now. In any event, I’m looking forward to it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom