Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

BrianLo

Whatever happened to rumors of Uni get rights to Star Trek and/or Lord of the Rings?

I feel like they suddenly had access to more variety of things to use and weren't so desperate to chase the latter's resistance to theme parks. They should not leave Pokemon on the table. It is a veritable goldmine of merchandise. Even if Lord of the Rings would make a better land.

deere839

https://www.themeparktribune.com/nb...es-roaring-20s-effect-will-boost-theme-parks/
Universal intents to still build EU
“To put billions of dollars of capital in the ground when you have such uncertainty about when and how the theme park is going to come back, we thought it was not prudent. So at the moment, we’ve paused it and we’ll continue to evaluate it over time,” Shell said. “At some point, we intend to build that park.”
I do think Nintendo and Potter will stay in the park i feel like monsters become dead

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn't expect the park to change too much unless the park is delayed for more than a year. Universal already filed for building permits and those can be extended. It doesn't really make sense to start throwing away so much work.

As for Nintendo, it is really hard to believe there is no force majeure clause that allows for an extension.
I also doubt Universal would push the pause button for a year without checking with Nintendo.

In fact, I'd guess the time frame of "one year" in the pause was an agreed upon time frame.

Sharon&Susan

https://www.themeparktribune.com/nb...es-roaring-20s-effect-will-boost-theme-parks/
“To put billions of dollars of capital in the ground when you have such uncertainty about when and how the theme park is going to come back, we thought it was not prudent. So at the moment, we’ve paused it and we’ll continue to evaluate it over time,” Shell said. “At some point, we intend to build that park.”
I do think Nintendo and Potter will stay in the park i feel like monsters become dead
Why would Monsters be cancelled?

OG Runner

I may be in the minority, but I really think if they were to put Nintendo in the KidsZone it should be Pokemon.
I think kids would relate better and the merchandising options would be great. Who wouldn't want to see Picachu,
& Squirtel in the parks?

Quinnmac000

I don't know why people think Monsters would be the land to get cancelled when that franchise NBCU seems most bullish on with 12 films in development based on their monsters.

seascape

Interesting article, but based on what he said it sounds like the project is not going to start any time soon. Most likely look for opening in second half of the 2020s or early 2030. Remember it takes several years to build a park and Epic Universe will need to be

Quinnmac000

Unfortunately, Tom Cruise's version of the Mummy killed that plan.

Just the past month

OG Runner

Just the past month
Good to hear. Hopefully, it will do better than the Mummy.

JT3000

Just the past month
"After relaunching its monster-movie library with the hit The Invisible Man..."

Yeah, let's just pretend The Mummy & Dracula Untold didn't happen. :hilarious:

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Dec 26

Aerial comparison of Universal's Epic Universe site Jan 24, 2020 and Dec 18, 2020
1609187670126.png
1609187681961.png

JoeCamel

Poseidon Quest

Amazing how much they raised that land overall, could have built utilidoors in most places ;)
You could fit Epcot and the MK in there with 150 acres left for entertainment and lodging and most of it was raised many feet.
I really don't know what I'm seeing. Is there any significant progress on the land? I understand that the pandemic has pushed things back and while a lot of people think the park is going to be cancelled, I kind of doubt it. Any progress would be a good sign I would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom