Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To someone not looking deep enough into the conversation, it looks like I'm nitpicking the pipes and the castle of the already fully modeled/detailed nintendo area, which I think looks great.

Smh mister penguin making me look bad 😂

Don't let some grump who already has some very strong opinions shame you from having very strong opinions.

They did. But only because something better came along. If at some point Lord of the Rings (or some other currently unknown IP that would make a good fit) opens up, the same thing might happen.

Personally, I wish someone would build an IP-free park. How refreshing would that be?

Visit Cedar Point (or most any Cedar Fair Park), IP is non-existant outside of Snoppy in the kiddie land rides.

OG Runner

That a very specialized hotel only serving a small number. Also it won’t have its own entrance, it will have transportation to the park.

According to previous information, there will be a way directly into the park from the hotel. The hotel is being built directly across
the street from Galaxy's Edge. It was noted to be a tunnel, not transportation.

Stripes

Let’s see, from information we already know, plus what the art is showing us.

-Mario Kart
-Yoshi Omnimover
-DK Coaster
-Monsters E ticket
-Beasts E ticket
-Dueling Coaster
-Berk family coaster
-Berk boat ride
-Berk E ticket

That’s 9 rides already.
More than what DHS has today.

And an educated guess says there will probably be smaller rides for Beasts and Monsters to accompany their E tickets
No idea where you see a Monsters E-ticket or Berk E-ticket. As far as I can tell, the park has just 2 E-tickets as shown in the concept art.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Does it really count if no one can afford to stay there? The bungalows at the Poly may as well not exist. This hotel will likely fit in the same category for most.

I was not speaking to the cost of the resort. My response was to someone saying the Disney did not have a resort with an entrance
directly into a park. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact is they will have a resort, with an entrance into a park, and it will be functional
long before this resort is built.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Let's remember that this will most likely be a phased opening, I doubt the open the park with 9 attractions on opening day. I like to temper my expectations so I'm not disappointed ;)

OG Runner

The word "Epic" has been so overused. I swear it was the word to use when I was in high school. I graduated 15 years ago. It was annoying then and it is still annoying now.

I am not a Universalist and this is really high level nit picking. Who cares if they call it "Universals Big Place of Rides & Entertainment"?
If it turns out good. Besides that, as has already started, we will be abbreviating it down to a couple of letters anyway.

lazyboy97o

Visit Cedar Point (or most any Cedar Fair Park), IP is non-existant outside of Snoppy in the kiddie land rides.
Those are amusement parks, not theme parks.

No idea where you see a Monsters E-ticket or Berk E-ticket. As far as I can tell, the park has just 2 E-tickets as shown in the concept art.
The art doesn’t show much.

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
True. Only fan forums are still talking about it; that was an oddly vague presentation if Uni was attempting to whet the public’s appetite.

The press conference is basically the equivalent of

Which had about the same level of detail as this one did. This is where Walt Disney announced Walt Disney World in downtown Orlando (Cherry Plaza Hotel--which is today the Post Parkside apartments) In short, officially remove the veil of secrecy to move along government entities a bit better (streamlining permitting and road/general infrastructure). It wasn't really about announcing details to vacationers. I'd expect a permit storm very shortly (if it hasn't already and just hasn't filtered out to permitting sites yet)

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Looks interesting. I think Fantastic Worlds was a better name. I'm interested in a couple of things.

Obviously greater details of the park would be one. But I'm also interested in how they will connect this with the other 2 parks. When you look at the map it appears you could have some type of transport running through Endless Summer. I don't think a monorail is the choice, and I hope they aren't going to be relying solely on buses. I'd like to see a some form of light rail.

Keeping with the connector thought. This is backing up to the Orlando Convention Center (and surrounding/connecting hotels). This we knew about when they bough the property.

My take is that a lot of 1-Day Disney tickets are sold to conventioneers (and their families) who only have a day or so to go to a park. The proximity of new park to convention central, I feel will impact Disney's 1-Day Ticket sales. If you add in some type of light rail (or convenient way) to get to Studios and/or Islands of Adventures from the new area.....Disney may have a few things to worry about here.

starri42

Which had about the same level of detail as this one did. In short, officially remove the veil of secrecy to move along government entities a bit better (streamlining permitting and road/general infrastructure). It wasn't really about announcing details to vacationers.
Couldn't have had that thick of a veil. Haven't they been clearing the land for months now?

Disney may have a few things to worry about here.
I hope so. Competition benefits everyone.

JusticeDisney

This may have already been discussed, and if it was I apologize for missing it, but how will transportation between this park and the existing parks work? Will there be free transportation provided by Universal? Also, I understand that there are several miles between where this new park will be and where the existing parks are, but I’m curious to know is all of the land separating them owned by Universal, or do you leave Universal property to get from one area to the other?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

doctornick

The idea of a Classic Monsters land is really cool. Like a permanent Halloween land.

Yes, I'm actually more excited by that land than anything else. I think because it is more generic and kind of "folklore" based thus drawing on more primal shared experiences than a specific created IP. You could create great attractions just based on stuff like vampires/Dracula, werewolves, mummies, Frankenstein's monster, etc.

some other guy

This may have already been discussed, and if it was I apologize for missing it, but how will transportation between this park and the existing parks work? Will there be free transportation provided by Universal? Also, I understand that there are several miles between where this new park will be and where the existing parks are, but I’m curious to know is all of the land separating them owned by Universal, or do you leave Universal property to get from one area to the other?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
I at least half paid attention to some local reporting about the announcement, I think I heard something about roads being modified/expanded/made or something, but yeah just scooting through the tourist drags is a feat easier said than done. I can't imagine this got beyond "hey what if we bought that chunk of land down there" without at least some vague ideas about getting people there and back.

starri42

Yes, I'm actually more excited by that land than anything else. I think because it is more generic and kind of "folklore" based thus drawing on more primal shared experiences than a specific created IP. You could create great attractions just based on stuff like vampires/Dracula, werewolves, mummies, Frankenstein's monster, etc.
Me three. I mean, I have no doubt they'll skew towards the depictions they've historically used for those characters (unless they do another half-baked attempt at a shared universe and go off of that), but that's still more of a "theme" and less of an "IP."

For the record, I don't really have strong feelings about the use of IP, so long as it's used well. But this is...refreshing is the wrong word, encouraging bit of variety.

OTOH, if there's a Star Trek land in there, shut up and take my money.

lebeau

We have had passes to Kings Island for years. I think you know the difference between a regional amusement park and a world class theme park like the ones in Orlando. If they were the same thing, I could save a lot of money by staying local.

starri42

We have had passes to Kings Island for years. I think you know the difference between a regional amusement park and a world class theme park like the ones in Orlando. If they were the same thing, I could save a lot of money by staying local.
I don't know where either Busch Gardens would fall on that continuum (I would personally put it closer to Orlando), but they have cohesive themes and only small Sesame Street areas.

BubbaQuest

I'm blown away that people have already decided if this park is gonna succeed or fail based on some purposefully vague artwork with some text added by someone on Twitter :)

Congratulations to the entire Uni team for making this possible! After watching all the mysterious land transfer notices and planning commission submissions for the past few years, I'm so excited that hopeful is becoming possible.

Whether I end up likely the thing or not, this is still a huge announcement for Uni, Orange County, and the theme park industry.

Jon81uk

Let's remember that this will most likely be a phased opening, I doubt the open the park with 9 attractions on opening day. I like to temper my expectations so I'm not disappointed ;)

Islands of Adventure opened with at least six e-tickets and didn't add anything for 10 years when Hogsmeade was built. They might do then same again and open with a full slate of attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom