Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Sped2424

Okay this is probably crazy but everything in this concept art feels like it was made to evoke the idea Of what we think it is, without out right being it. All those buildings in the Nintendo land look like the blocks but gone are the mushrooms, peaches castle, Bowers castle, and any detail that would make it scream Mario. So all these little attractions and stops in-between could get well be way more exciting stuff once they actually reveal what everything is. Basically each land and attraction has a place holder in disguise art to keep things intentionally vague.

Sped2424

that mario land does not look like mario....those weird windows on the "blocks" doesnt do it for me. wonder what the final product will be like. any year announced for this?
Yeah something tells me all the lands and attractions are in disguise in the concept here. While I get that gives them time to define and tinker I think for the big reveal, it's kinda lame.

Stripes

If the concept art is grounded in reality, I’m shocked by the size of the hub area. It looks like it’s half the park!

ToTBellHop

Yeah something tells me all the lands and attractions are in disguise in the concept here. While I get that gives them time to define and tinker I think for the big reveal, it's kinda lame.
That’s my feeling, too. The concept art is overpoweringly-meh. But even with the assumption that embellishments will come later, I question the use of Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD. Are they really compelling enough to support full lands in four years? How about 24 years? They are marginally relevant now. Sure, they could support a ride, but how will fill lands for each feel in 2043?

Then again, I find the single-IP per land schtick to be over-used right now. Very few properties are worthy of a full land. At least Nintendo and Monsters leave the door open for variety.

The homogenization of the Florida theme parks into IP parks grows tiring. They certainly are not “redefining” themed entertainment with a buzzwordy but meaningless name and IP attractions. That’s been the standard for 10 years—a standard they created with WWoHP.

imarc

So, two things I note:

1. USO didn't really have a big fireworks show. Now they can.

2. The fountain in the center has tiered seating to see whatever show is there. That's a step up from Epcot's set-up for seeing their show.

Knowing Universal, that will the the Classic Monsters Monster's Mash Rock Show in which, by including rock 'n roll, they can be relevant with the kids these days by playing music from the '60s.

With Epic will having an entire land devoted to classic monsters, will HHN move?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Extra cupcakes and dessert parties haha. I hope Disney responds. However, I’m not holding my breath.
For the next 23 days...we are gonna see ALOT of prognostication about all the new announcements a comin’ From bob chapek.

Or here’s an unpopular theory: maybe they’ve spent enough and Bob iger is in cruise toward the finish line?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
do you think it matters if a new park “looks the same” when the primary completion is streamlining the look and content (mixture) of their parks and resorts?

My personal opinion on that is mixed. Although, around here, I am always told 100% that it does matter. Also, I don't entirely agree with your premise, but that particular discussion is not for this thread.

Rich T

Thanks.

The only thing that really excites me about this park is Nintendo. Is there really enough of a following for HTTYD to justify an entire "land"?
It's a highly-respected franchise with a huge general fanbase (fewer diehard fans but more GP who know and enjoy the films). If they create the Viking village of Berk, it'll be absolutely beautiful and a fun place to visit.

lebeau

It's a highly-respected franchise with a huge general fanbase (fewer diehard fans but more GP who know and enjoy the films). If they create the Viking village of Berk, it'll be absolutely beautiful and a fun place to visit.

Even if you don't know the movies (I took my kid to the first one when it was in theaters and haven't seen anything since), it's Viking-Dragon land. That's cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom