Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

Yeah, I know it's a Twitter account, I'm just curious what it is.

Like, is it an enthusiast, or a the actual pilot, or a website staff, or what?
Very nice guy who likes providing coverage of the parks and central florida attractions with the occasional trip to TDS or Shanghai. Always responds when I message him, you should ask him directly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What are we meant to be looking at to see evidence of a new gate is imminenent?

I don't see any men or trucks down there with spades and trucks :angelic:

Site work is 1/2 the game in she swamp...
This could be nothing...or the start of a major expansion.

The latter is a major gamechange to Orlando and threat to Disney...just no way to put a good face on that.

maxairmike

What are we meant to be looking at to see evidence of a new gate is imminenent?

I don't see any men or trucks down there with spades and trucks :angelic:

Oh, you know, just filling in a giant retention pond for no reason at all. Just wasting thousands upon thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of dollars to modify the topography, adjust drainage and runoff, and make sure this is all satisfactory to the South Florida Water Management District. They're just doing it for fun and to blow a wad of cash. No plans for a park, entertainment facilities, and more resorts, just felt like wasting the money.

Disneyhead'71

Oh, you know, just filling in a giant retention pond for no reason at all. Just wasting thousands upon thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of dollars to modify the topography, adjust drainage and runoff, and make sure this is all satisfactory to the South Florida Water Management District. They're just doing it for fun and to blow a wad of cash. No plans for a park, entertainment facilities, and more resorts, just felt like wasting the money.
Yep. Universal bought 1000 acres to open a Dude Ranch Glamping Resort. It's just gonna be some tents and cows.

DarleneBurrows

I drove past the area today .... no work, nothing going on.

If this development is in the works, we are talking a very long time away. Just because they bought the land doesn't mean they plan to use it straight away. It may well be for future expansion, but also for other reasons : 1) stopping any competitors buying the land, 2) simply adding real estate to the portfolio, etc.

Those who are predicting imminent works are on the way (ie construction begining this or next year) are way off.

OG Runner

Well that does it everybody! Nothing to see here! No new park! No possible expansion! You see there is nobody there, today,
so it is never going to happen! The Sage of the Boards has spoken!!! (The Great and Powerful DarleneBurrows. Don't look behind
that curtain!!!)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

If this development is in the works, we are talking a very long time away. Just because they bought the land doesn't mean they plan to use it straight away. It may well be for future expansion, but also for other reasons : 1) stopping any competitors buying the land, 2) simply adding real estate to the portfolio, etc.

Those who are predicting imminent works are on the way (ie construction begining this or next year) are way off.

Hey, remember that forum user who said that Star Wars Land was never going to get built?

Yeah, good times.

lazyboy97o

You don’t need to convince us. We already know that you don’t a have clue as to what you are talking about.

DarleneBurrows

Hey, remember that forum user who said that Star Wars Land was never going to get built?

Yeah, good times.

Who said that?

My predictions that nothing is imminement is based on 1) the casual manner in which it was spoken about, in the middle of a speech and a couple of words at that. Nothing concrete was said. If it was definately on, they would announce it properly in a major way (the way the are working that PR at Beijing). 2) No construction or sight work going on at all. 3) Zelda going into Islands of Adventures, 4) Alot of replacement attractions and work needed on existing parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom