Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

matt9112

Universal Orlando acquired more land today and settled a lawsuit that blocked them from developing new theme parks on the 500 acres they have down there. With this agreement they also required roughly another 500 acres in an area adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center and International Drive, and a relatively quick hop away from the airport.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...al-acquires-more-property-20180412-story.html

This is enough room for 2 new "dry" theme parks, a water park, shopping district and resort hotels. There are rumors of a custom transportation route between this and the existing Universal Resort, but no firm details. (Busses will still be there as an option with or without it) Although talk of this has been rumored for years, the settlement really sends a green light to the project. Grading and site prep will likely start immediately.

View attachment 277334
In the image above, blue was what Universal owned before the settlement, red is what it acquired, and the green outline represents the immediate site prep/grading plans. (Which will likely expand soon) The blue section along Sand Lake Road is slated for back of house style support buildings. The southern red area wraps around Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and Golf Course, which will likely become part of the overall resort either as a partner, or directly.

random question? whats likely to happen to the small tsnrom bits around the land? that are not connected to the main plot?

danpam1024

funny i left massachusetts as fast as possible to come to florida (granted i did go to high school here) and i hope Florida is never like MA,NY,CT,CA,MD etc. i love how open it is and that i can see the stars at night and do what i want on my own land etc. its lovely but it seems to be hate it or love it. rather not live somewhere that trys to tell you when you can shower ;)
41 years is enough...:inlove:

Big Bang

Looks to be just a construction traffic road. Still it is very heartening to see that they aren't wasting anytime getting the project going. Kind of surprising that they didn't start on the north end where all of the warehouses and office builders are going.

UCF

Looks to be just a construction traffic road. Still it is very heartening to see that they aren't wasting anytime getting the project going. Kind of surprising that they didn't start on the north end where all of the warehouses and office builders are going.
they did

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom