Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Magenta Panther

I think an area devoted to "Sing" - such as a 3D theater - would be awesome. I loved that movie!

This Uni expansion has me all kinds of excited. The videos I've seen of Japan's Nintendo World are amazing. I can't wait to see Peach's castle and ride that virtual Mario race and especially eat at that Mushroom Cafe. And HTTYD is another attraction I'm looking forward to. Wish we could see some definitive concept art. But what I want to see most is the Universal Monsters area. I hope it'll have a retro/vintage vibe as per the Monsters films - that the Dracula figures/portrayals will look like Bela Legosi and so on. I hope it'll focus on creepy vs. gory. And if Abbott and Costello are included, I'd be in heaven. Loved their Frankenstein movie to pieces as a kid. So much to look forward to! Go Uni!

SplashJacket

But where would Minions go? In the expansion pad between HTTYD and WWoHP?
I would say this is the most likely option. A Minions land is about to open in Universal Bejing and Universal left out the permits for that area in Epic Universe.

1623729852614.png

I don't think they would scrap Monsters or WWoHP altogether, delay, sure, but I don't think they'd cut them.

I don't think it could be SLoP because @marni1971 had mentioned that the plans for it replacing Shrek in Universal Studios Park fit like a glove (cited below).

According to the plans, it fitted like a glove.

I honestly think there's a high possibility of the CEO not being entirely in the know, given that he said the timeline for completion was a couple of years and how this is the first time anyone has led us to believe the plans were being altered in a major way.

I believe we're probably digging too much into this.

lazyboy97o

I would say this is the most likely option. A Minions land is about to open in Universal Bejing and Universal left out the permits for that area in Epic Universe.
What permits were left out?

I think people may be expecting too much of Minions Land. It features Minion Mayhem, the Sing show, a spinner and small roller coaster with the obligatory retail and dining. It seems doubtful that Universal would move Minion Mayhem or only just now develop a new attraction.

SplashJacket

What permits were left out?

I think people may be expecting too much of Minions Land. It features Minion Mayhem, the Sing show, a spinner and small roller coaster with the obligatory retail and dining. It seems doubtful that Universal would move Minion Mayhem or only just now develop a new attraction.
I am 99% sure it one of the buildings (a restaurant?) between WWoHP and Dragons that was left out of a massive batch of permits. But they did submit the permits for the bathroom that was/will be part of that building.

Poseidon Quest

But where would Minions go? In the circular attraction in the hub? In the expansion pad between HTTYD and WWoHP? Is one of the slated lands being booted (or going to IoA or UO instead of EU)?

Maybe it'll be a Minions hotel!!

In retrospect, it might not even mean anything more than the occasional meet and greet. If Universal wants to host King Julian dance parties in Lost Continent, then I don't see why Minions meeting outside of the park-side entry to the hotel wouldn't be a thing either.

Bairstow

How long is that track going to sit there? Surely they're going to warehouse it if there's nothing to do with it for a year or three.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom