Universal's Aventura Hotel

*Q*

Original Poster
The sixth hotel at Universal was just announced, which will be a value resort with a contemporary theme.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/universals-aventura-hotel-2018/

Universals-Aventura-Hotel-Entrance-Rendering.jpg

Universals-Aventura-Hotel-Lobby-Rendering.jpg

Universals-Aventure-Hotel-Pool-Rendering-900x563.jpg

Disneyhead'71

Looks like my kids would like that place. They tend to judge hotels by how high up they are. LOL.
A room on one of the upper floors on the Volcano Bay side should have an awesome view with the floor to ceiling windows.

Lobby bar, check
Hot Tub, check
Pool bar, check
Starbucks, check

And

ROOF TOP LOUNGE FTW!

It is interesting that Universal's least expensive resort has the same theme as one of Disney's most expensive.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Very cool, I wonder when they will break ground on this. We are staying at Sapphire in February, I hope there won't be too much construction noise.

Disneyhead'71

I think this place will be popular with childless millennials. Paying $99/night (off-season) and drinking $15 hand crafted cocktails at the roof top lounge.

They are going to have to have at least a few signature volcano themed tiki drinks.

Animaniac93-98

I'm glad they're offering another value, too, but it looks kind of high-end from the pics.

There's no reason a "value" priced hotel/motel can't be tastefully designed, or have decent amenities.

If the starting rate is really $99/night as @Disneyhead'71 suggests, than this will be my new hotel of choice for Orlando. I'd appreciate the smaller footprint (instead of hiking from one end of the resort to the other) and the number of grab-and-go food options.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The design for Aventura preceded fidget spinners.

That video... the one in stripes has the vocal fry and the upspeak. <shudder>

And what I learned from the video is that the Aventura has bars.

ABQ

The design for Aventura preceded fidget spinners.

That video... the one in stripes has the vocal fry and the upspeak. <shudder>

And what I learned from the video is that the Aventura has bars.
So it missed the height of the trend by just a couple years. Closer than WDW comes when making attractions based on IP though, so a good effort. Still, waiting for some of the usual suspects to claim the hotel's design is one of a kind and ground breaking, vs something you see on any street in Miami or Las Vegas and such. ;)

Disneyhead'71

So it missed the height of the trend by just a couple years. Closer than WDW comes when making attractions based on IP though, so a good effort. Still, waiting for some of the usual suspects to claim the hotel's design is one of a kind and ground breaking, vs something you see on any street in Miami or Las Vegas and such. ;)
Oddly enough, it's design elements are based on Aventura FL, which is an upscale condo community in Miami.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom